The GIFT lyrics - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries > Ayu Library > Lyrics

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19th March 2015, 02:05 AM
Replace Initiate

I'm not having a big ceremony but I am having a simple party with friends, so all my stuff will be uptempo songs that make he & I smile lol Fly high HAL's Mix is almost certainly going to come up - that is MY song, lyrically, and since I met my SO he's really helped me conquer my anxiety and procrastination issues (well, that and a psychiatrist. But mostly him! XD)

A song can be like a store-bought greeting card or birthday card for me... the sweet, generic ones are nice and they're likely to work for most people, absolutely. The people who write those should be commended because choosing words that evoke a certain feeling for the majority of the population isn't easy unless it's derivative (which they often are, but still).

But every now & then you come across a card that just... sounds like it was written JUST FOR YOUR RECIPIENT. You see a card and laugh or cry because "This is TOTALLY something my Dad would like" or "This is EXACTLY how I feel about my husband" or "That reminds me SO MUCH of this inside joke my sister and I have!" And those cards are strangely specific - you know they probably don't sell as well as the generic ones. But those cards are the REALLY GREAT ones. Those are the ones you keep for years afterwards.

Tags
a one, lyrics, the gift