[site] HQ version of Who...(Chinese version) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #21  
Old 20th September 2008, 11:47 AM
syntherella's Avatar
syntherella syntherella is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 650
Thanks for sharing the song and its lyrics! Good stuff. Ayu's pronunciation is pretty off and the grammar is questionable at best, but I like the lower key and her voice is made of win! My rather literal interpretation of the lyrics:

Who accompanied me through the hardest times? Accompanied me without letting go
When tears are in my eyes, whom can I depend on and talk to?
When I have happiness and joy, whom can I share them with?
Holding my hands tightly as I grasped his own… Who was it?
All of these thoughts surface in my heart

You and I were at opposite ends; on the night we spent apart
I could only see the moon fairy in the sky, shedding tears drop by drop
You and I were at opposite ends; on the night we spent apart
I could only see the moon fairy in the sky, tears flowing unceasingly

True strength… What should it be? Who let my heart understand it?
And who in the past… Was gentle so… He can let me experience that feeling?
Who did I have… That made me… Begin wanting to move forward and give chase?
Who did I hope… Would place his fingers in my hair, lightly comforting me?
Who had… The patience to protect and accompany me, not giving up the idea?
This I’ve not forgotten and kept in my heart

I used to have… Times when I was directionless and lost
And have experienced… The feeling of being on a long and endless road
Only able to… Mumble to myself and say
There is nothing to this…

Hopefully for now and forever… I pray this song can
Can reach your side, stay next to you
Hopefully for now and forever… I pray this song can
Can reach your side, stay with you

Hopefully for now and forever… I pray this song can
Can reach your side, stay next to you
Hopefully for now and forever… I pray this song can
Can reach your side, stay with you


I kept the spaces between words in the same line by adding commas and ellipses. Once again, the grammar is… Special. The double can's in the last chorus were inherited from the repetition in the Chinese original. The second verse was especially trying!

I like to think of 月娘, or the moon fairy, as 嫦娥 (Chang'e). Maybe it's all the Mid-Autumn Festival propaganda I grew up with, ha ha! But more than that, I can see her accidental lunar exile and tragic separation from her mortal lover, who's stuck on Earth, paralleled in the song.
Reply With Quote
 

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, a complete ~all singles~, ayumi hamasaki

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.