[YouTube] [Funny] Utada commenting on Ayumi Hamasaki [Again..] - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #16  
Old 29th March 2009, 10:39 PM
Ayu_desu Ayu_desu is offline
P.S II Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boston / Vancouver
Posts: 1,024
Sorry but I agree with noidea. My definition may be traditional but I don't think Ayu is a musician. She may have composed some of her songs but I never found composing to be hard anyways. Just make up a melody in your head and that's it. Imo, the fundamental part of music is the harmony and if anyone can make that interact with the melody, then that takes a lot of skills. I would call J.S. Bach, Chopin and all those old composers to be musicians as they also perform their pieces.

Ayu is probably more skilled in connecting people with her lyrics and the emotions in her voice. But I can't say that she's a skilled singer.
__________________

Got Ayu?

Reply With Quote
 

Tags
interview, utada hikaru

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.