How do you explain your love & appreciation for Ayu to others? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #2  
Old 13th December 2011, 07:11 PM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,500
For me, it's hard to explain? I guess I'd never really been into much kinds of music before I discovered Ayu. I was a fan of a few bands - The Cranberries, james, The Verve - so a very different kind of genre to J-Pop. So when an old friend of mine showed me evolution, she introduced me to a whole different genre as well I loved her songs, but I wasn't allowed on the Internet much as a kid so finding new, genuine songs was rare. Over three years I managed to get about thirty to forty songs of Ayu, from original tracks to remixes. My high school friend would translate the lyrics for me and we'd sing together whilst studying So there's a lot of memories there too for me.

Ayu has brought me together with a lot of friends, and cool people. When I found AHS, a year later I went through a hard, isolating time and people here always gave me good advice and made me feel like I hadn't lost everyone. If it wasn't for Ayu, I wouldn't have the good memories I do now, and I've met people both in real life and online through her music that I wouldn't have met or talked to otherwise. Her meaningful music is just a bonus

I actually remember being really surprised when I found how close she was to her fans. I never thought a celebrity would be.

So how I explain? I basically try not to rant the above ahahaha.

"She's a really cool singer, I like a lot of her songs."

Last edited by koumori; 14th December 2011 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.