New ballad single coming soon! - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 30th October 2014, 01:33 PM
Zeke.'s Avatar
Zeke. Zeke. is offline
rainy day Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 9,723
Has it been confirmed to be a trilogy of are we still going off of the first semi-announcement that could be translated as trilogy OR a single triple-a side single?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30th October 2014, 11:42 PM
TeamAyu2004's Avatar
TeamAyu2004 TeamAyu2004 is offline
GREEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Has it been confirmed to be a trilogy of are we still going off of the first semi-announcement that could be translated as trilogy OR a single triple-a side single?
I thought she tweeted it being a trilogy?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 31st October 2014, 04:43 AM
Zeke.'s Avatar
Zeke. Zeke. is offline
rainy day Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 9,723
I think it's funny, unfortunate, and strange that Ayu's English language titles for her songs have gotten MORE basic and LESS poetic the more she became fluent of the language herself! Bizzare how the titles have gotten so simple and less mature as she aged.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 31st October 2014, 08:48 AM
DonkeyKongRemix's Avatar
DonkeyKongRemix DonkeyKongRemix is offline
Paper Doll Protector

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I think it's funny, unfortunate, and strange that Ayu's English language titles for her songs have gotten MORE basic and LESS poetic the more she became fluent of the language herself! Bizzare how the titles have gotten so simple and less mature as she aged.
AGREED. Her song titles have gotten less and less meaningful to me! Her song, "Song 4 U," for example has a lousy title, which is kind of...sad considering her lyrics for that song are quite thought-provoking to me. Another one with a...rather sad title is "now & 4eva." She needs to stop putting numbers in her titles! XD

and X'MAS Baby sounds AWFUL! UGH. Sunlight and Bonfire are much more intriguing song titles! XD I can MAYBE stand Last Miracle, as cheesy and Christmas-cliched as that sounds, but...X'MAS Baby just sounds bad to me.

Last edited by DonkeyKongRemix; 31st October 2014 at 08:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 31st October 2014, 01:51 PM
Earth_maiden's Avatar
Earth_maiden Earth_maiden is offline
MY STORY Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 7,767
I bet XMAS BABY will end up being something amazing and everyone will eat their words about it being a crappy title, haha.
__________________
AHS married to Gomi 13/01/11
Attended:

AYU ~Countdown Live 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ [29.12, 31.12], AYU ~CDL Cirque du Minuet [29.12.14], AYU TROUBLE 18-19 [05.01.19]
Maaya Sakamoto ~Mitsubachi [30.12.12] BABYMETAL [10.01.2015]

BIG BANG [21.10.2015]
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29th October 2014, 06:16 PM
TeamAyu2004's Avatar
TeamAyu2004 TeamAyu2004 is offline
GREEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,433
I really dont get all the lvoe for the first trilogy either...
Maybe I just dont get it? lol... but never really cared for the videos or the songs...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29th October 2014, 06:38 PM
jbrat2219's Avatar
jbrat2219 jbrat2219 is offline
JEWEL Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,929
I think the PV I'm most disappointed with is SURREAL, it's one of my most favorite songs ever and has the worst PV I have ever seen....
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29th October 2014, 07:32 PM
tokyoxjapanxfan's Avatar
tokyoxjapanxfan tokyoxjapanxfan is offline
SURREAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 8,677
I was just saying that of the trilogies, the first set were by far the most impressive for me. In terms of her discography, they're nowhere near my favorites haha.

I'm not sure what my definite favorite it, but Free & Easy, Daybreak* and Moments are definitely in the top tier.

*Gasp!
__________________

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."


Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 29th October 2014 at 07:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 29th October 2014, 10:14 PM
DonkeyKongRemix's Avatar
DonkeyKongRemix DonkeyKongRemix is offline
Paper Doll Protector

 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,710
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I was just saying that of the trilogies, the first set were by far the most impressive for me. In terms of her discography, they're nowhere near my favorites haha.

I'm not sure what my definite favorite it, but Free & Easy, Daybreak* and Moments are definitely in the top tier.

*Gasp!
the PV for Daybreak was awesome! I love that one!!

(I also like M, Because of You, GREEN, and a couple of others ^_^)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 29th October 2014, 10:03 PM
BlackSilence's Avatar
BlackSilence BlackSilence is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 5,595
I also wish she would work with good photographers. And put a bit more effort in scouting locations. Her pics are all lovelly but really the same since forever.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 30th October 2014, 04:38 AM
tokyoxjapanxfan's Avatar
tokyoxjapanxfan tokyoxjapanxfan is offline
SURREAL H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 8,677
I wouldn't mind some Wataru Takeishi.
__________________

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 30th October 2014, 09:04 AM
!Lawi!'s Avatar
!Lawi! !Lawi! is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,061
^Please no... Sounds like a Namie title. I wish the Bonfire rumour was true!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 30th October 2014, 09:18 AM
ayu_ready?'s Avatar
ayu_ready? ayu_ready? is offline
Replace Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Russia
Posts: 7,297
Even BoA has nice budget PVs, lol
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 30th October 2014, 09:52 AM
ayumisrael's Avatar
ayumisrael ayumisrael is offline
Lelio Protector

 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Israel
Posts: 16,036
If it's a trilogy, shouldn't it be a triple A? at least people should invent rational singles to the info we already know lol.

It could also have 3 songs under 1 title though.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 30th October 2014, 10:36 AM
Gustavopc's Avatar
Gustavopc Gustavopc is offline
INSPIRE Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 5,999
It could have two a-sides and a b-side also
__________________


instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 30th October 2014, 11:27 PM
adantatu2's Avatar
adantatu2 adantatu2 is offline
1 LOVE Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 10,684
Triple a-side single or 3 consecutive singles, or 3 connected mvs.
__________________

TWICE

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 31st October 2014, 03:29 AM
orbitalaspect's Avatar
orbitalaspect orbitalaspect is offline
appears Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Lakewood, WA (AKA The Real Hell on Earth)
Posts: 1,076
Um. Hell Yeah. if this is a Triple A-side... I'm a damn oracle.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 31st October 2014, 05:50 AM
Delicious n Bold's Avatar
Delicious n Bold Delicious n Bold is offline
Beautiful Day Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 9,649
That's what happens when you learn a new language. At first every word is cool and you try to make everything poetic and stuff. Then it's business as usual...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 31st October 2014, 02:46 PM
Tom Punks's Avatar
Tom Punks Tom Punks is offline
Heartplace Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,782
^ I bet X'MAS BABY won't even exist.

Actually, I wouldn't put that title past her. Ugh.

I still vomit a little in my mouth every time I think about Song 4 u. I remember being in absolute shock and disbelief when talkin' 2 myself was announced. I wish she'd realize how juvenile numbers look in song titles. Same for "u" in place of "you."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 31st October 2014, 04:03 PM
Zeke.'s Avatar
Zeke. Zeke. is offline
rainy day Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Manhattan, NYC
Posts: 9,723
My like for the actual song will not change based on the title, but having a juvenile will always make me feel like "well, that's really unfortunate." talkin' 2 myself was ok but thens he made a habit out of the whole number thing and it just became so tragic.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
kunio tago, tetsuya komuro, tetsuya yukumi

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.