[News] HBYA - Theme song "Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2012" - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 28th April 2012, 04:22 PM
kotora's Avatar
kotora kotora is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamashita.san View Post
I didn't know that AHS is gay forum.. I'm so sorry...

LOL
If this is a gay forum, the AHS logo would be in Rainbow color representing gays.

I really want to see ayu attending
__________________


Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

  #2  
Old 29th April 2012, 02:30 AM
Larien's Avatar
Larien Larien is offline
TO BE Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Hyogo, Japan
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
If this is a gay forum, the AHS logo would be in Rainbow color representing gays.

I really want to see ayu attending
I'm using the "A World in One" layout, so for me, the AHS logo is rainbow.
  #3  
Old 28th April 2012, 04:35 PM
panda♥'s Avatar
panda♥ panda♥ is offline
Real me Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Ayu's closet
Posts: 3,620
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamashita.san View Post
I didn't know that AHS is gay forum.. I'm so sorry...

LOL
yeah, so gtfo.
__________________



tumblr

  #4  
Old 28th April 2012, 05:12 PM
JackieRos's Avatar
JackieRos JackieRos is offline
Curtain call Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,157
Homophobia is everywhere, they act like is a disease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamashita.san View Post
I didn't know that AHS is gay forum.. I'm so sorry...

LOL
wtf is wrong with you this was a good thread in the beginning you're just ruining it with your ignorance.
  #5  
Old 28th April 2012, 02:52 PM
RayJason's Avatar
RayJason RayJason is offline
SURREAL Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: on the MOON.
Posts: 1,596
People are taking the "theres no pride in being gay" thing too hard in their asses (literally). I'm sure the person who wrote it actually meant that there's as much pride in being gay as being straight. You don't hear straight people go all "PRIDE FOR STRAIGHT PEOPLE YO".

edit: ^ It isn't a gay forum. :S

Last edited by RayJason; 28th April 2012 at 02:56 PM.
  #6  
Old 28th April 2012, 03:25 PM
elvesword's Avatar
elvesword elvesword is offline
Trauma Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kaohsiung, Taiwan
Posts: 847
AYU's great!!
__________________
elegent


lady ayu
  #7  
Old 28th April 2012, 04:33 PM
se7entheaven's Avatar
se7entheaven se7entheaven is offline
still alone Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 2,532
Suddenly she's like all other divas who are gay icon as well.
  #8  
Old 28th April 2012, 05:15 PM
TeamAyu2004's Avatar
TeamAyu2004 TeamAyu2004 is offline
GREEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,433
thats nice that Ayumi is doing this...
I knew she was becoming the lady gaga of Asia. Just didn't know how long it would take her.
Asia and the way they treat their sexuality is just so... off to me, lol. It's like accepted, but at the same time, its not. And I dont think it has anything to do with 'dont ask, dont tell. It more like, you are a kid... go try and experiment! BUT! dont enjoy it too much because at some point you have to start a 'real' family.

As for pride parades, I think at this point that have evolved beyond being gay events. It seems more like an acceptance kinda thing now. Yes gay people go to these things and are proud of being out -- which this is what I got what the parades, its not being proud about being gay, but being proud to tell people that you are gay -- but all sorts of people come to the parade and have fun and support and just to do everything.
  #9  
Old 28th April 2012, 07:24 PM
blackmage's Avatar
blackmage blackmage is offline
immature Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
thats nice that Ayumi is doing this...
I knew she was becoming the lady gaga of Asia. Just didn't know how long it would take her.
Just because Ayu is showing more open support to the LGBT recently really doesn't mean she is becoming the Lady Gaga of Asia. They are both in their own realms when it comes to support.. err in general.

I think its great that HBYA is the theme song for Pride 2012. I think in its own right it is quite an accomplishment. The PV and song, lyrics are so beautiful, its not a surprise it was chosen even if Pride would typically have a more upbeat, dancible song as the theme? Rather than just being complete dancy, fun and party song, I think it brings a sense of seriousness, respectability and class to the cause which in my honest opinion tends (in general) to lack that (I don't know how PRIDE in Tokyo differs from PRIDE in L.A. or other US cities in general). HBYA also still allows glamour and fabulous-mess to run about.

The logo is cute, humorous and childish. Reminds me of a slight throw back to older anime character design. It primarily looks more like a logo that the bear/wolf/otter/etc communities would use rather than the full general scale of the gay community. Its still cute!
  #10  
Old 28th April 2012, 05:20 PM
letter's Avatar
letter letter is offline
from your letter Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 426
I think it's a good choice. I don't really like the song, but it's good for this sort of thing nonetheless. The message is there.
  #11  
Old 28th April 2012, 05:41 PM
HikariDesu's Avatar
HikariDesu HikariDesu is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Kyoto
Posts: 167
HAHAHAHAHHAHA!! Ayu is the very best OKOGE in the world!!! HAHAHAHHAA!
Love this! Hope she would come to the Gay Pride in Barcelona hahahaha
__________________
We start to walk
As if nothing had happened
But I remember today
That the fighting never ends
  #12  
Old 28th April 2012, 06:10 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
Japanese stars don't usually take causes, as it can lead to controverse. Still, this is the 2nd tricky "cause" Ayu is openly embracing... First the "Asia is One" thing, that can be pretty complicated to the most conservative japanese people... and this...

My Ayu has balls, I'm proud of her for it!^^
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

  #13  
Old 28th April 2012, 08:00 PM
jbrat2219's Avatar
jbrat2219 jbrat2219 is offline
JEWEL Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 10,929
Ayu has been supportive of the gays LONG before Lady G came around. And if I recall correctly, this isn't the first time they played her songs at pride.
  #14  
Old 28th April 2012, 09:32 PM
blackmage's Avatar
blackmage blackmage is offline
immature Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Ayu has been supportive of the gays LONG before Lady G came around. And if I recall correctly, this isn't the first time they played her songs at pride.
I never said she hasn't been supportive, but I would say of some what recently its more apparent. HBYA is more in your face supportive since it shows two guys kissing, etc.
  #15  
Old 28th April 2012, 09:25 PM
happiholic★'s Avatar
happiholic★ happiholic★ is offline
fairyland Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 8,287
Worst song and PV combo of her entire discography, but I'm not surprised. I would prefer an upbeat song. But, I'm glad that they have gay pride parade in Japan. I wanna go to the one here in Toronto to support my gay friends this year!
__________________

❤

  #16  
Old 28th April 2012, 10:09 PM
emi♡ emi♡ is offline
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: ☆ california ☆
Posts: 17,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
Worst song and PV combo of her entire discography, but I'm not surprised. I would prefer an upbeat song. But, I'm glad that they have gay pride parade in Japan. I wanna go to the one here in Toronto to support my gay friends this year!
I also would prefer an upbeat song

but I don't mind. Any song is fine for me. I'm sure people will find this one beautiful.


And, one thing I have to do before I die is go to the gay pride parade in Tokyo lol I've personally only been to the one in SF. It's like the best time of the year The city gets crazy colorful.
__________________

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu ❤




  #17  
Old 28th April 2012, 10:01 PM
TeamAyu2004's Avatar
TeamAyu2004 TeamAyu2004 is offline
GREEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Japan
Posts: 14,433
I dont think Ayumi has been an "open" supporter like this before.
Thats why I compare it to lady gaga.
The gaga is all about her gay fans, lol.
  #18  
Old 28th April 2012, 10:05 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,930
^But Lady Gaga wasn't really the first one to do that...

And Ayu doesn't focus on it as much as Gaga does *thanks God*
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

  #19  
Old 28th April 2012, 10:41 PM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
Humming 7/4 Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,561
There are many clips on youtube from Gay Pride events in Japan in which you can see drag queens dressed as Ayu lip-syncing her songs and the crowd singing along, so this shouldn't be anything new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKyk5ethj8 (I love what they did with mu logo)
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp


Last edited by njanjayrp; 29th April 2012 at 08:10 AM.
  #20  
Old 29th April 2012, 05:50 AM
YUKARI's Avatar
YUKARI YUKARI is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Thailand
Posts: 5,287
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
There are many clips on youtube from Gay Pride events in Japan in which you can see drag queens dressed as Ayu lip-syncing her songs and the crowd singing along, so I this shouldn't be anything new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPKyk5ethj8 (I love what they did with mu logo)
wow! it seems like they ripped a track from some concert. I wonder which concert
__________________



ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Closed Thread

Tags
how beautiful you are, party queen, tokyo rainbow pride

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.