Ayumi ~ The Anything Goes Thread 9 ~ - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd January 2015, 11:57 AM
Trauma Initiate

I say it like it's spelled - Love ppears
Old 3rd January 2015, 12:03 PM
SCAR Initiate

^ I pronounce it how it's written so "loveppears" even tho it sounds strange lol.
Old 3rd January 2015, 01:09 PM
Voyage Initiate

Happened to re-watch hanabi episode II music video and realized how beautiful WAS ayumi used to be...
Old 3rd January 2015, 02:40 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
Hey guys how do pronounce Loveppears? Inever actually knew the proper pronounciation of it ^^' usually i just say Love appears
Yep, it's pronounced as "love appears."

Old 3rd January 2015, 03:46 PM
Paper Doll Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu-michan View Post
Hey guys how do pronounce Loveppears? Inever actually knew the proper pronounciation of it ^^' usually i just say Love appears
Anymore, I just cut the "A" out of the whole thing and pronounce it like "love-peers." I could be wrong about it though...>.>
Old 3rd January 2015, 03:54 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by UHPlus View Post
Happened to re-watch hanabi episode II music video and realized how beautiful WAS ayumi used to be...
lol I love your posts.

For me, she looked ill and way too skinny in it.
Old 3rd January 2015, 04:35 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
@chocopockymaster: Thank you for your help.

I feel like it's happened before, when they announced some digital bonus and it was never actually available...
There was supposed to be some kind of ayupan AR video with the Feel the love/Merry-go-round music cards and it never happened either, AFAIK.
Old 4th January 2015, 05:00 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
There was supposed to be some kind of ayupan AR video with the Feel the love/Merry-go-round music cards and it never happened either, AFAIK.
Isn't there a lot of stuff that never happened. Weren't a few fans supposed to sing backing vocals for one of her songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Yep, it's pronounced as "love appears."
I'm pretty sure it's "love-peers". You can't base it off the video because she's pronouncing the english with katakana syllables. "nuu a-ru-ba-mu.. la-bu-pee-aa-su".

Last edited by orangeakira; 4th January 2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old 4th January 2015, 06:07 PM
Replace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
Isn't there a lot of stuff that never happened. Weren't a few fans supposed to sing backing vocals for one of her songs?
To be fair, those would have been contest winners who had to contact avex to claim their prize, and singing BG is one of those things certain people may not want to do, if they're timid or busy (and Japan is full of timid, busy people, let's face it), so they may not have ever claimed it. The more time goes by, the more I'm fairly certain that happened.

That said, Ayu's people have a terrible habit of overpromising & underdelivering ("RAINBOW" was supposed to be a single instead of a new track on a best-of, TeamAyu magazine publishing schedules are really erratic, etc), so neither situation would surprise me.
Old 4th January 2015, 07:13 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
I'm pretty sure it's "love-peers". You can't base it off the video because she's pronouncing the english with katakana syllables. "nuu a-ru-ba-mu.. la-bu-pee-aa-su".
I can't base it off the CM in which she clearly says "LOVE appears" because evidence is only feelz now ???

Honestly, it doesn't sound like Japanese. It sounds like heavily accented English. If you listen to BOTH instances of "LOVEppears" in this video, which is clearer than the YT link, you can pretty clearly hear that it's "love appears." At least, I don't know about you, but I can definitely hear the "L" and "V" sounds, not "R" and "B."

I just don't get why on Earth it would be "love piers" when it's pretty obviously a combination of the words "love" and "appears"...? And she SAYS it this way in the CM? I mean, if some native Japanese speaker wants to come and correct me that's cool, but that in no way sounds like "ラブ." It sounds like "love."
Old 4th January 2015, 10:03 PM
appears Initiate

the way she pronounces it, you can hear her say "love..peers". she puts a small break between the words, but if it was Love appears, the A would be more prominent.
Old 4th January 2015, 10:42 PM
Replace Initiate

How can you tell there isn't much Ayu news? People are arguing over how emphasized an "uh" sound is in a made-up word.

Come on guys, give it a rest. Say it however it's easiest to say it. It's not like if you say "love appears" to someone who says "luvpeers" they're NOT gonna know what you mean. Yeesh.

HOWEVER, if you guys really desperately need the official answer to this question, the official katakana on the avex cassette promo for the album says "ラヴピアーズ (RAVUPIAAZU)".

Moving on! lol...

Anyone know why the XOXO/Terminal CD appears to be by far the rarest & most expensive of the Feel The Love tour cds? I own the other two now, and I found them for cheap, but that last one is like... wut.
Old 4th January 2015, 11:33 PM
rainy day Initiate

Has this image ever popped up before? I didn't notice it in the covers thread located in the Images section of the forum. I stumbled upon it while searching for high quality album covers to update my mp3 files with. I prefer it so much more without so much of her head/hair cropped out. The way this version of the photo is framed is absolutely perfect.
Old 4th January 2015, 11:49 PM
Replace Initiate

A wider version of the picture (same height/resolution though) shows up in the screensaver...

Old 4th January 2015, 11:51 PM
No way to say Initiate

For the longest time I would say "A Song for X X" until I saw the CM and heard "A Song For" XX is suppose to be whoever the listener wants it to be.
Old 5th January 2015, 12:51 AM
No way to say Initiate

Imagine this song with Ayu's vocals...like Terminal but bigger!
Old 5th January 2015, 01:31 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Imagine this song with Ayu's vocals...like Terminal but bigger!
Yes this is the song people were drawing comparisons to when Terminal was released. Armin's Illegal Drum Edit ups that intensity tenfold!
Old 5th January 2015, 02:46 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Her armpit/shoulders look so wrong tho

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 5th January 2015, 03:42 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Oh, right, that as well. Though I think they promised as a "cartoon" and that could technically be interpreted as a picture instead of a video lol So I chose to ignore it after some time.

I think the one I was talking about was around Love songs era, when she was releasing the 50th single trilogy thing. And the CDs also came with a serial code, just like the "Zutto.../Last minute/Walk" (omg I'm always so lazy to type this) single, but people never seemed to found where to get that digital content. I might be hallucinating though haha
Old 5th January 2015, 05:27 PM
appears Initiate

I don't know why I'm thinking about this now, but I remember how disappointed I was with her 50th single. I think this is a huge milestone in her career and it was the end (for a while) of her single releases. It came in a jewel case cd with no extras besides a poster of her 50 singles (which was just a all her single covers floating around on a black background).

She could have given us so much more, and nothing distinguished it from the rest of her releases. She celebrated her 30th single with a concert (A Museum). All we got for this was a collection of her best performances which I feel like A Complete already did.

Last edited by orangeakira; 5th January 2015 at 05:29 PM.
Closed Thread