Ayu's social networks - Discussion #51 - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 16th July 2018, 07:21 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Pretty sure she just shared a bit more about the production process this time around ^^ I'm sure she has many meetings for each album, she just never told us about them
One would think so, but even she posted with one of the pictures that she was having a rare meeting at Avex HQ.

They have a very large audience in the 20-40 year old range that are losing their idol. It would make sense if they are trying to use their current artists that have the potential to appeal to that audience; that's a ton of money that's about to leave the company and I don't see them really cultivating anyone new.

One can hope anyway that this might finally mean an album with better promotion again.
Old 16th July 2018, 07:27 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
One would think so, but even she posted with one of the pictures that she was having a rare meeting at Avex HQ.

They have a very large audience in the 20-40 year old range that are losing their idol. It would make sense if they are trying to use their current artists that have the potential to appeal to that audience; that's a ton of money that's about to leave the company and I don't see them really cultivating anyone new.

One can hope anyway that this might finally mean an album with better promotion again.
It could also just be because she hasn't had an album in 2 years, and really doesn't do much to promote them these days. But I'm wishful that this is signaling a change!

I'm curious if they really KNOW how to promote these days, to be honest. Namie was a bit of an anomaly - she's always had strong tie-ins and ad campaigns, but she doesn't do much by way of promo otherwise (not appearing on TV, not really doing interviews, etc.). So again, I'm hopeful that they'll pull it together, but I'm not sure how strong their team really is to begin with.
Old 16th July 2018, 08:13 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think she's just being more public about the meetings and what they are for especially since she knows people are waiting for the album.
Old 16th July 2018, 09:15 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
It could also just be because she hasn't had an album in 2 years, and really doesn't do much to promote them these days. But I'm wishful that this is signaling a change!

I'm curious if they really KNOW how to promote these days, to be honest. Namie was a bit of an anomaly - she's always had strong tie-ins and ad campaigns, but she doesn't do much by way of promo otherwise (not appearing on TV, not really doing interviews, etc.). So again, I'm hopeful that they'll pull it together, but I'm not sure how strong their team really is to begin with.
I think a lot of these come as offers from other companies which want a certain celebrity to be their spokesperson. Sadly Ayu, even though she is a legend, lost that status years ago. Partially because of the many scandals and partially due to her inactivity. I remember last year when I was crossing the street near Yoyogi and looking over a couple of vans with ayu plastered all over them an older guy and a kid were passing by and the kid had asked who the woman was and the older guy said “hamasaki ayumi”. Most people in their teens, while probably know some of her songs, don’t really know her that well, I think. And while, sure, they could be targetting the groups between 20-40 which is where ayu most likely has more potential, the kids are usually the ones spending cash on their idols and related products. While this may vary in Japan, I don’t think it does significantly.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 16th July 2018 at 09:17 PM.
Old 16th July 2018, 09:17 PM
still alone Initiate

I don't think avex is increasing their attention to Ayu either. That would be great though. But sadly I think it is Ayu's decision to do less promo not avex.
Old 16th July 2018, 10:01 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
[...]. And while, sure, they could be targetting the groups between 20-40 which is where ayu most likely has more potential, the kids are usually the ones spending cash on their idols and related products. While this may vary in Japan, I don’t think it does significantly.
I think it's the other way round.
Young people rather stream their music than buying while the older ones buy. Would explain why there are artists with high streaming numbers on youtube (like a bunch of J-rappers with some millions), but it's not reflecting in sales. And for e.g. like Utada, who is big in sales, but not so big in streaming numbers (she e.g. only has about 30k followers on Line Music and somebody like Kuu or Ayu has thrice as much). Probably different for tours and goods tho.

I do agree tho, that probably nothing will change with Ayu and this new album. We just never knew closer, how she's working.
And I think the Music Fair special is probably also about her 20th Anniversary - about time they do something for it.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 16th July 2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 17th July 2018, 06:40 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Ah, I see. Not listed for FNS but for an upcoming Music Fair episode! Interesting - a dedicated Ayumi Hamasaki episode for Music Fair...when was the last time that happened?
Looks like I called it a little bit too early because apparently Ayu will be on FNS (I wrote the post BEFORE the latest round of FNS artist lineup update, which included Ayu, earlier this morning Japan time)...
Old 17th July 2018, 08:36 AM
Sky high Protector

I don't think that Avex is putting more effort in old singers. They are pretty aware that what happened with Namie is abnormal. I also think that Ayu doesn't want to be in the spotlight anymore. She seems happier in the shadow and on the stage with her fans. She might just do those special tv shows because it’s her 20th anniversary and think it’s a good way to fill the gap between the end of her concert and a-nation.
Regarding the meeting I’m in the” they just never talked about them” side. In the past she told us about the meeting of her concert. She doesn’t do it anymore, it doesn’t mean they don’t meet anymore.
Old 17th July 2018, 08:42 AM
still alone Initiate

FNSうたの夏まつり
7月25日(水)19時〜

第四弾発表!
<浜崎あゆみ夏の大ヒット曲 披露>

今年デビュー20周年を迎える浜崎あゆみさんが
5年ぶりに「FNSうたの夏まつり」に登場!
自身の夏うた
「BLUE BIRD」と「Greatful Days」を
パフォーマンス!

#FNSうたの夏まつり
#浜崎あゆみ
Old 17th July 2018, 09:22 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Mmm yeah, I think I'm ok with this setlist...
Old 17th July 2018, 04:49 PM
walking proud Initiate

Yeah, I don’t know if they are putting more behind her or not, but I’m hopeful that they will. I mean hey, we’ve got two tv appearances around the time that an album is getting announced. That feels like already more promo than the last few years combined lol
Old 17th July 2018, 08:46 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Very excited to see she`s talking about the new album, looks like they had their last meeting about it, which means they`re in the production phase for retail (or otherwise). If there`s one thing I`ve learned about Japanese business, is that you go through many many many meetings and e-mails for every detail. Whether it includes everyone or not, there are usually more meetings than probably needed. And for someone like Ayu, you know they go all out, even if her label is weening back. Her staff will most likely continue to have meetings w/out her, in terms of marketing, distribution, etc. She`s most likely already expressed her goals and such in previous meetings for the new album, and thus needs to just follow a schedule her team has laid out, and will attend meetings on a needed basis if something comes up.

Let`s hope they`ll reveal more details right before and during the TV performances .

-BWJ-
Instagram, YouTube, Twitter

Old 18th July 2018, 06:54 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Yeah, I don’t know if they are putting more behind her or not, but I’m hopeful that they will. I mean hey, we’ve got two tv appearances around the time that an album is getting announced. That feels like already more promo than the last few years combined lol
I hope they will every time a new release comes around.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 18th July 2018, 09:08 AM
still alone Initiate

Getting ready for 大阪城🏯✨

真っ直ぐにぶつかったならプライドも何もかも木っ端みじんに砕け散りそうでこわいね。でも避けて通るなら圧 倒的な勝利には一生巡り会わないだろう。
#powerofmusic2018
#ayu20thTOUR
Old 18th July 2018, 10:01 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ hopefully we get the #NewAlbum announcement during the final!

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 18th July 2018, 12:50 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Maybe she will perform new song as suprise.
Old 18th July 2018, 07:17 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
Maybe she will perform new song as suprise.
That would be AMAZING.
Old 19th July 2018, 06:35 AM
still alone Initiate

いくつになっても根本的な部分は変わらない。例えば靴だったらヒールでもスニーカーでもこんな風にすっとし てるのが好き。

昔から靴に異常に執着するのは履いているうちにズレに気が付くからなのかも知れない。自分を委ねられないと 、そして相手にも委ねられないと、信頼関係は崩れて靴ずれを起こす。
Old 19th July 2018, 07:15 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wonder who turned her onto those YELLO brand shoes from Japan.
Old 19th July 2018, 09:33 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I love them, they’re so weird.

Also their marketing is so different than what Japan usually has to offer.

I hate those sneakers tho.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Closed Thread

Tags
instagram, line, social media, twitter, weibo