Does Ayu wear real fur? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2007, 11:30 PM
GAME Initiate

Then why don't you ask the almighty animals for a solution to all our world's problems?
Old 5th March 2007, 11:33 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Then why don't you ask the almighty animals for a solution to all our world's problems?
LOL there's no need for animals to solve the world problems. Specially when most of these problems are created by humans themselves. And please, don't tell me that you're solving the world problems by wearing real fur coats and cruely killing and torturing animals.

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 5th March 2007 at 11:35 PM.
Old 5th March 2007, 11:54 PM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It could've been Ayu who donated to the tsunami..

But Namie was the one who went out and performed there or something..
Nope that was Namie ^^ she donated but keep it secret but then Vanness Wu revealed her donation and so they showed the conference where she donated it.

Amazing Set by JpopDream <3
Old 6th March 2007, 12:07 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Why dont you re-read what I wrote.

I never called animals almighty. In fact I agreed with you that yes humans are almighty *******. The point of my statement was to challenge yours by saying that just because we're almighty dosent mean we have to abuse that power. Simply because our power is there dosent mean we shoulkd use it. Id hate to see you as a president of any country during war. By your remarks you'd be that idiot ruler who throws nukes the first chace you get, just because "you have the power to".

Please read all comments, even twice, before you start getting smart.

And yeah I'm with Impact. Even if animals could solve our problems, why? We're the idiots that cause all of them. You think killing an abundant of animals is harmless when you're actually disrupting a thing called the food chain. You kill a bunch of one animal in an area, you disrupt the system, and while I doubt your minds evolved enough to look at it from a bigger picture, yes it does affect us.

Old 6th March 2007, 12:15 AM
.llama

it's horrible if people think it's acceptable to kill animals for their fur, for the sake of fashion. killing animals for food is one thing, it's how the food chain keeps going, for one's survival. but having an animal suffer just to make yourself look good, ..there's just no excuse for that. i wonder how the people who work skinning animals can live with themselves :S
Old 6th March 2007, 12:44 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think it's acceptable..

But it's not exactly "wrong."
I mean, just how long has mankind been killing animals? :|

Surely if our species was as adamant about saving animals back when we were all primitive people, we'd certainly not be here today discussing this. The mammoths and tigers of that age would've wiped us out. It's not like they care for our feelings, hm? Seems like one of the flaws in humanity is that we feel compassion for many things that we shouldn't..
Old 6th March 2007, 01:36 AM
devilayu

Just to point something out, it was recently revealed that certain lines of clothing in America which claimed to be faux fur were actually REAL fur culled from raccoon dogs (which are actually dogs that have raccoon-like markings). Seems that the heads of the companies were unaware of it due to the fact that the clothes are made in third-world countries.

So if you're wearing faux, you might be wearing man's best friend.

I'm anti-fur as well but I'm telling you from personal experience, PETA people are insane.
Old 6th March 2007, 01:37 AM
.llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu View Post
Just to point something out, it was recently revealed that certain lines of clothing in America which claimed to be faux fur were actually REAL fur culled from raccoon dogs (which are actually dogs that have raccoon-like markings). Seems that the heads of the companies were unaware of it due to the fact that the clothes are made in third-world countries.

Yeah, as soon as they found out that the clothes were really made of raccoon dog, they ordered the clothes to be pulled from the racks at the stores.
Old 6th March 2007, 01:54 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilayu View Post

I'm anti-fur as well but I'm telling you from personal experience, PETA people are insane.
I agree lol Peta people are insane, I'm anti-fur and anti animal cruelty, but I enjoy a steak and soem bacon. I just wish they'd do it ina humane way. Fur though is unnacceptable. Theres a crap load of stuff people can wear that can give off the same glamour as a real dead animal on you.

Its liek cars. They KNOW gas prices are insane, they HAVE the technology to make something that isnt dependamnt on gas, but they wont, its just human stubbornness.

Old 6th March 2007, 01:59 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wonder if Ayu's fur-thingie in her winter photoshoot last year was real ;D
Old 6th March 2007, 02:30 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Quote:
Originally Posted by .llama View Post
it's horrible if people think it's acceptable to kill animals for their fur, for the sake of fashion. killing animals for food is one thing, it's how the food chain keeps going, for one's survival. but having an animal suffer just to make yourself look good, ..there's just no excuse for that. i wonder how the people who work skinning animals can live with themselves :S
Eve summed up my thoughts on the subject quite nicely. If I lived in a time and place where skinning animals for their hides is how clothing was made, I'd do it no problem. But in today's world wearing fur for fashion is just unneccesary and cruel.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 6th March 2007, 03:18 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Link- View Post
eww real fur? thats ****ed up, then again its Ayu lol. When has she ever done anything or give to any charities lol? Dsosent seem like shes very sympathetic to anything other than looking "fabulous".

Cool points dropped, I'd throw red paint all over her .
Not everyone that donates to charity makes a fuss about it. There are several american stars that give to charity that you don't hear about because they don't go advertising it every year. I'd imagine that Ayu is probably the same way.

And as for the fur debate: Yes, fur bad. Skinning animals alive = bad and unnecessary. Think of it as being your own car or dog being skinned - I'm sure you'd be against that unless you are a psychopath. Whether Ayu wears real fur or not? She probably has. Whether she knows she is wearing real fur is unknown.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 6th March 2007 at 03:31 AM.
Old 6th March 2007, 07:06 AM
Dolls Initiate

I do think it would be neat though if Hamasaki toured with a coat made of dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
LOL animals aren't the ones self-destroying the place they live, so yeah. It isn't the animals who are causing the global heating Sorry, but some human beings don't even deserve to be compared to animals, such low-life they are.
Don’t elephants destroy trees in the African Savannah? I think it all works both ways. And to be honest you can say elephants don't know anybetter but most humans don't either.

I do strongly disagree with people skinning animals alive. That's just cruel and we don't need real fur into todays world. You can put on a coat if you think you're going to freeze to death, not skin the farthest thing away from you.
Old 6th March 2007, 09:42 AM
July 1st Initiate

Of coorz, she's da queen
This battle all alone
No one to cry to
No place to call home
Old 6th March 2007, 10:47 AM
ourselves Initiate

I seriously have a problem with people who see fur as uacceptable and still enjoy their chicken and cow and dog meat. Because as long as the animals is killed in the same humane way (NOT like in those chinese videos posted by link, and not all fur farmers treat their animals that way at all) I don't think there's a difference. Whether or not the animal is killed only for its fur I think would not matter to the animal.

Also, allthough I do not agree with PETA or their methods, I think their found reasoning is very thought through and reasonable because they are not dividing animals into the ones that are ok to kill and the ones that aren't worthy of such recognition. I don't see how any human at this point is able to tell "oh, those animals aren't suffering as much as these, they can be boiled alive and but OH! if these are even killed humanely it's horrendeous!"
By reasoning in such a manner in the end it boils down to which animals who're cute and cuddly enough or which ones are traditionally domesticated and that differs from culture to culture.
Old 6th March 2007, 11:52 AM
kanariya Protector

^ I agree with *Petit* , as long as you enjoy meat & animal products complaining about the fur-indrustry is hypocrisy. the quality of living is often better for the animals in the fur-farms than in the meat indrustry , the only difference is what happens to the animals after they've been killed.

the anti-fur material often used (whick -link- linked in this thread too) originates from China. in the western fur-indrustry the methods of killing/skinning are much more humane. in China animal rights don't really exist , and people don't know better than to skin animals alive.

fake fur doesn't compare to the real thing.

Quote:
faux fur is almost always lower quality than the real thing; it usually sheds and does not hold in as much warmth as true fur.

There are no synthetic materials yet to achieve the same attributes from natural fur (especially wolf) from keeping snow from melting and re-freezing on the fur's fiber filaments; this is very important especially in hiking, mountain climbing, skiing and other outdoor activities which are done in extreme conditions.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_fur
Old 6th March 2007, 11:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I wonder if animal rights activists have like, yelled at the people who live in the mountains who don't really have the option of "coats" and kill animals for the fur / food.. :O
Old 6th March 2007, 05:44 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
I seriously have a problem with people who see fur as uacceptable and still enjoy their chicken and cow and dog meat. Because as long as the animals is killed in the same humane way (NOT like in those chinese videos posted by link, and not all fur farmers treat their animals that way at all) I don't think there's a difference. Whether or not the animal is killed only for its fur I think would not matter to the animal.

Also, allthough I do not agree with PETA or their methods, I think their found reasoning is very thought through and reasonable because they are not dividing animals into the ones that are ok to kill and the ones that aren't worthy of such recognition. I don't see how any human at this point is able to tell "oh, those animals aren't suffering as much as these, they can be boiled alive and but OH! if these are even killed humanely it's horrendeous!"
By reasoning in such a manner in the end it boils down to which animals who're cute and cuddly enough or which ones are traditionally domesticated and that differs from culture to culture.
I don’t get how you can compare using an animal JUST for fashion, and eating an animal. Easting an animal at least does us good, animals carry proteins, vitamins and nutrients that many vegetables don’t. I also don’t like how mass production treats those animals but at least they’re being used for a good reason. They aren’t killed in vain; people’s survival depends on that. Now what function does killing it JUST for its skin prove? Does it make us better? NO it’s just an image. And I think it would matter. Put yourself in that situation. If you had a choice of being killed just because you look so nice that someone wants to wear you. Or would you rather be killed because you might give someone a chance at survival?

I really don’t understand how you people don’t see that. You don’t need fashion to survive, you don’t need it to stay healthy, wearing it does NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that makes you benefit from it.

And no I don’t agree with any method of killing an animal inhuman, I'm not some PETA-obsessed freak, I just think we can live without using fur that’s all.

IT’S COMPLETELY POINTLESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness
I wonder if animal rights activists have like, yelled at the people who live in the mountains who don't really have the option of "coats" and kill animals for the fur / food.. :O
I doubt it, cause then that would be placing an animal above a human, I think they mostly get pissed at people who have a lot of options, but chose fur. Its like, Can’t they just pick up a regular coat? There’s no need to do that. If you're out in the mountains, using the animals fur as a coat is a survival tool. That’s why I'm saying we aren’t barbarians anymore where we NEED to kill an animal to get warm, I mean its ****ing 2007, not 600BC.

Old 6th March 2007, 06:33 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Link- View Post
I don’t get how you can compare using an animal JUST for fashion, and eating an animal. Easting an animal at least does us good, animals carry proteins, vitamins and nutrients that many vegetables don’t.
Yeah, I don't get it either. Fur is something completely frivolous - food is not.
Old 6th March 2007, 07:44 PM
glitter Initiate

Wow this has turned into a moral argument about fur trade. Well wearing fur is something extremely cruel and stupid. I've done a whole project about it.

If you try researching about the fur trade you'll realise the huge amount of cruelty involved for these animals to make a dumb fur coat. These animals are grown in fur farms and they live in tiny cages. Since they are not used to a small environment they suffer psychological problems and self-mutilation. Also to kill them (since most companies are too cheap to use shots) they use cheaper methods - electrocution, drowning and many other cruel methods.

I'm not so familiar with PETA but hiding behind their insane actions to justify a cruel activity such as fur trade is pure idiocy and cowardice. Personally whoever supports this trade doesn't deserve my respect and is a sadistic fashion sheep.

There are many fake alternatives which are just as pretty as real fur or leather so why people still enjoy wasting money on fur coats? It's really dumb.

I agree with killing an animal for food though I don't eat meat or fish myself. But some people are unable to survive without meat and I won't shove my philosophy down their throat. But killing an animal for fashion is something I cannot accept. It's a cruel money-making activity.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Last edited by Raleigh; 6th March 2007 at 07:48 PM.
Closed Thread