Your Love Songs reviews!!! - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 19th December 2010, 09:43 AM
Don't look back Initiate

lumieregrl what a fantastic review. Honestly, Im very amazed at the thoughts in Ayu's album. NEXT LEVEL was this video game idea, Rock'n'Roll Circus had the Yin and Yang idea and now Love songs has this progression of Love. Sounds ordinary but the way lumieregrl put it, with Ayu's lyrics, now makes so much sense and that it was very well-thought out. It's too bad few will ever appreciate that level of intricacy and detail in an album. I'm gonna do it that way and read the lyrics on my second hearing because...I need to digest the songs first round through hahaha.

(and ur crossroad part...im just wow..TK's music really had that conotations when put with Ayu's lyrics)
Old 19th December 2010, 10:10 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

love song The vocals are really great, the song is like a diary of a stranger, you keep being suprised, and it doesn't get boring. I really like the arrangement and the lyrics are more then amazing

sending mail very strong song, the arrangement is ok (chorus is the best part i think), together with the singing it is very very good. Not really a rock song, not really a pop song, a mix, with a bit of folk and tech-pop influences.

like a doll suprising song, starts a bit like a mid tempo-ballad but the further i comes to teh chorus it turn more strong, and the chorus is then a little simpler less strong, but good. The composition of the singing is also very good in the intire song.

Thank UThe chorus is rather simple, but catchy just laa lalala but actually i like that. other then the lalala it is very interesting song, cute-ish mixed with a mid-tempo song, actually i like it even more then teh chorus. Even though the lalala will be anoying at a part, i still like it just like teh whole song, it is a listen and forget your worries song.

do it again a lot of repeating, the first time hearing it, it sounds just bad but the longer i listened to it became better and better, i really like it now. But chorus is very good, without all the repeating in the song, it would've had a big chance to be the best song of the album. also the instrumental part after teh second chprus is really surpising, really great.

November really a great song, very good arrangement and it is maybe the best song from the album. I don't really know what to say about teh song, but it is eally great, the composition together with teh singing is amazing.

Overall i don't really have a favorite song, i like them all, but Novermber and sending mail are both awsome i think for now my favorites of teh album, but i think maybe my opinion will change later on.

MAA thread
Old 19th December 2010, 10:17 AM
Initiate

I take back all my words i said before about this album ! it's amazing and better than both R'n'r circus and NL (^^!) !the only song i don't like is Thank u ! The flow between every track's really good !
My grade'll be 3,5/5.

Last edited by sanzo2011; 19th December 2010 at 10:30 AM.
Old 19th December 2010, 10:51 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I'll wait a few weeks before I give a proper and full review, cause the album is still fresh.
But at the moment this album shapes up to become my favourite Ayu album or at least to get its place in the top 3.
I only dislike two songs, Thank U and Sweet Season, not my kind of songs in general. Other than that I'm really impressed, especially the new album tracks. Love the coherent and darker sound with classical and synth elements. Reminds me of her older albums and that's a good thing!
I was so disappointed with her last albums, especially R'nRC, so I'm happy right now.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 19th December 2010, 11:24 AM
SCAR Initiate

Only on my second listen, so I won't post a song-by-song review yet since it always takes me a few days to digest her new tracks. But from what I've heard:

- This is probably the most mature-sounding album she's ever released.
- Every track is UNIQUE.
- Like with most Ayu albums, experimental sounds. Wouldn't be the same unless we heard a song that is like nothing she's ever done before.
- Very nostalgic feeling, sounds are reminiscent of her earlier albums.
- It actually feels like an album, like Ayu has known what she wanted it to sound like right from when she wrote MOON.
- Thank U.. really not sure about that track. Its too sugary and sweet compared to the rest of the album. It is well placed next to blossom and Sweet Season, has a catchy 'lalala' chorus but it lacks substance.
- Tracklisting is perfect, I wouldn't change a thing there.
- My favourite album track right now is 'Like a doll'. Perfection.
- insomnia is in a league with the NEXT LEVEL interludes, its so good.
- November sounded better as a preview. The full version needs more 'oomph'.

Be back in a couple of days with a full review

Last edited by Tony G; 19th December 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 19th December 2010, 11:27 AM
TO BE Initiate

Okay so now I finally got the time to write a review...

1) Love song - I fell for this song the first time I listened to it. I love the arrangement, the melody and her voice. It doesn't quite got this kick-ass opening feeling that Microphone had, but since this Album is a different kind of I think it matches quite well. It's my 3rd favourite song on this Album!

2) crossroad - From the 3 last singles this on has been my favourite. I can't even say what it is, but something about this Song feels really great and unique to me.

3) MOON - I like this song. I can't say I totally love it, but I like it. I think it really fits the flow of the whole Album. But it's one of the songs that would also have done as an Album song...I'd rather had one of the Album songs as a Single instead of MOON, but I'm not gonna complain.

4) Sending Mail - My favourite song on this Album! It's amazing! The strong vocals...the slow parts...the fast paced parts...I love it. I can't even say much about this because I think its just awesome the way it is. This song has been on repeat since this morning.

5) Last Angel - The song is my favourite from the L single. I think it's good to put it after Sending Mail! The thing I like the most about the song is the intro and how it suddenly changes.

6) Insomnia - This one reminds me of some tune I have heard before, but I can't quite get my fingers on it. I think it's pretty cool, it would kinda fit as ending theme for some horro-drama kind of movie I think.

7) Like A Doll - My second favourite Song on this Album! I totally love this song! It sounds cute and sorrowful at the same time. I somehow can imagine a PV along the lines of Do It Again and Real Me for this song! I really like the "Like A Doll...Like A Doll..." parts in this one, as well as the shprt instrumental parts before the refrain starts.

8) Aria - I'm not a big fan of interludes to be honest, but this one is really stunning IMO. It sounds really sweet, it somehow gives me a feeling of spring.

9) blossom - I always liked this one better than MOON and it still is like this. I like this summerish, kinda sad feel of this song. I wish for more songs like this one from Ayu in the future!

10) Thank U - I guess a new concert ending song? I think it's cute but I have a feeling that I will like it better when I heard it live. For me it's the same with MY ALL, I love listening to it live but on CD I don't really pay much attention to it.

11) Sweet Season - IMO the weakest track on the Album. I never was able to get into this song. I think it's boring. The only good thing is the PV which I think is really well made.

12) Overture - I think it sounds like out of a Disney movie or something...like the poor girl finally has found her prince etc.etc. It's nice but nothing special IMO.

13) Do It Again - When the first Previews came out I really didn't like the 'Dance,dance,dance...' parts, but now that I was able to listen to the whole song I totally love it. I like how it starts of very slowly and suddenly gets more fast paced and the suddenly....it becomes slower again. I think this is a great song to see live!

14) November - IMO this song is nothing special but still really, really nice. It's just a small but great song. I totally adore the arrangement in this one. Somehow her voice sounds a bit sad in this Song I feel...

15) Virgin Road - This song. I love it. I love the arrangement and her vocals are powerful. I love how it starts and ends in the same way. I think Ballads tend to feel a bit boring very fast but not this one, it really has a nice flow.

16) SEVEN DAYS WAR - I'm glad they put the live version on the Album. I love this song and I think it's even better live. It gives me the 'I didn't think I'd make it, but I survived!' kind of feel. I think it's a good song to listen to if you feel down.

I think this one is my favourite Ayu Album because the is only 1 Song I'm probably going to skip when I get my copy, and that is Sweet Season. Besides, I like every song. For me it's a better Album than R'n'RC and kinda on the same level with NEXT LEVEL (lol). I will order it as soon as I can (which means probably in January...) and can't wait to have a copy of it on my own. I also am curious to see all the PVs that are included on the DVD. I think this Album is a great christmas present from Ayu.
I give it 9,5/10 points.
Old 19th December 2010, 11:28 AM
fairyland Initiate

浜崎あゆみ – Love songs

First things first, I love Tetsuya Komuro. I’ve been a globe fan as long as I’ve been an Ayu fan, I believe. I found “genesis of next” alongside with “Dearest”, LOL. So, I may be biased a bit here, but I try not to be. Love songs isn’t a globe album. I just want to make that clear. In fact, I find this to be a very “Ayu” album...but an Ayu album with a clear TK influence. I don’t think that’s a bad thing, though. The main problem I’ve had with a good handful of albums past (miss)understood is the fact that, well, same old material. Songs sounded similar and sometimes I forget which songs went on what album. I even forget the title of the songs if they are playing in the background, on shuffle on my iPod, or whatever. What Love songs manage to excel in comparison to GUILTY/NEXT LEVEL/Rock’n’Roll Circus is the sense of “newness,” but not manage to lose that Ayu flavor. I thought NEXT LEVEL was a good departure (“Sparkle” is such a flawless song OMG), but not a GREAT one. Love songs is probably the album I’ve been waiting for. I say probably because all this album needs to do is stand the test of time, LOL. I think this is my favorite recent Ayu album since Secret. I don’t think Secret is her best and it has its flaws, but I really loved that album & I still do. I haven’t listened to her albums since then with the same passion, if that makes sense. OKAY, ON TO THE SONGS ANALYSIS:

Love song: Uh, I love this song. It manages to be an Ayu song, but not at the same time...a theme in this album, haha. It has a folksy, yet passionate Ayu flavor to it. I believe this will be one of my favorite Ayu songs ever. It’s an mid-tempo/upbeat song, but it’s so distinct in her discography. I knew right off the bat this was a TK song when I first heard the leak, hah. I know how that man rolls.

crossroad: One of my favorite Ayu A-sides and single of the year. I really don’t have anything to say other than I love this song. I love the atmosphere, the feel of the song, the emotions, the strings, etc. There really isn’t anything bad I could say about it. I just love it.

MOON: I always liked MOON. It throws me back to early, i-just-made-my-damn-debut Ayu. I think it’s a great song, but not her best. That intro is just awesome; I can’t get enough of it. It goes well after “crossroad,” I thought. Better than I predicted.

sending mail: I think this a very interesting song. I actually like the way the song plays out. It sort of goes in different directions, which can be annoying for some people, but I enjoy it. The TK influence is very, very strong in this one, lol. I think I’ll need more spins on this one, but again, I like how this is a new type of song for Ayu and I find new things after each play, which I can’t say for other previous Ayu songs on her albums.

Last angel: Last angel...How do I begin to explain Last angel? Last angel is flawless. *continue Mean Girls quote here*

insomnia: OH GOD OUR FIRST INTERLUDE. But you know, it doesn’t suck! I was very disappointed in the instrumental tracks/interludes for Rock’n’Roll Circus, so I’m glad we’re on route for awesomeness again. It’s pretty creepy, but so good. I like it a lot! Love the electronic influences.

Like a doll: It’s a song that is very similar to sending mail & Last angel. I think structure-wise, but yeah, that’s all because of TK. LOL. I love the song, nevertheless, though. It’s just a song you don’t expect from Ayu. The way she sings this song is very reminiscent of other TK songs too. I can imagine KEIKO singing this.

Aria: Another interlude! More happier than the last one, but I guess it had to be since the next song is “blossom.”

blossom: I don’t particularly care for this song, tbh. I never really did. LOL. It was sort of a song that just existed for the sake of existing on the MOON/blossom single. I do think it goes well with the feel of the album, though.

Thank U: No Thank U. LOL. I think it’s the weakest new album track. It’s sort of repetitive and I never really like the whole cutesy voice Ayu does in some of her songs (except for HONEY). It might be better in concert though. It seems like a fun song for a concert... just being in such a positive, LA LA LA LA environment.

Sweet Season: This song is definitely one of the standout tracks in all of Ayu’s discography. There’s nothing like it, for real. This one was a grower for me. I think it’s still trying to win me over, to be honest. I really need the patience for this song, but when I do have it, it’s such a cute song!

overture: ouuuu, I like this interlude. It’s somewhat depressing, but cheerful at the same time. It reminds me of like...Disney or something though, strangely. I don’t really know why.

Do it again: What a surprising track. When I heard the preview for the song, I was sort of annoyed at the repetitiveness, but it REALLY works well for this song. It’s so eerie in a way, but I’m touched by the emotions in Ayu’s voice and how she carries it throughout the song. It’s a song that progresses and grows and grows. It’s very impressive. One of the strongest, imo.

November: Another really good song. It’s got a killer composition/arrangement. I like it a lot. At times, Ayu’s voice strains, but you can tell there’s this deep emotional connection through it. It strains for a reason, so I can let that slide haha. It seems like she had a hard time with this song though. I want to read the lyrics!

Virgin Road: I thought this was the most un-TK TK song on the album, LOL. I love “Virgin Road” though. It’s got epic Ayu ballad written all over it, tbh.

SEVEN DAYS WAR (Live Version) : not an Ayu original, but a cover. It was nice to hear Ayu do a cover since she barely does them. I think I prefer the studio version though, since I’m generally not a fan of live recordings. It’s obvious this song is important to Ayu this year though, so I’m glad it got into the album in some shape or form. AND it is a TK song, so it works! LOL.

I personally think it’s great to have a really different sounding album. It’s fresh to hear new things from Ayu, especially since her recent albums have been rather one-note in my opinion. I understand if people don’t like it or aren’t used to TK/90s J-pop influence and sound. I’m not sure where to rank this album with the rest of her discography just yet. It would probably rank somewhat high-up, but far from her best effort (Duty is my favorite Ayu album ever). It’s nice to know Ayu can pull off an album like this after many efforts! I’m also so glad she didn’t pull the usual summer!fun!song, winter!long!ballad format this year. I think that would’ve ruined the album experience for me. For the first time in a while, I don’t know what Ayu will pull next!

ごめんNOT TAKING GFX REQUESTS.
{ T W I T T E R T U M B L R }
l l M O M E N T S l l × G O T

Old 19th December 2010, 11:33 AM
Startin' Protector

I think some people take what people do or don't like in music way too seriously.

A couple pages back somebody mentioned how her albums can feel different to different people, and I agree. Kind of like how I've never cared much for GUILTY but have loved NEXT LEVEL since the first day I heard it.

And imo cohesiveness doesn't have to mean "sounds the same". To me it just means the songs all sound like they belong together and follow a flow that makes sense. Even albums like mu (which imo is the "worst" in these terms) have it to some extent but I think Love songs was produced, mixed, and arranged together very strongly.
Old 19th December 2010, 11:54 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico View Post

And imo cohesiveness doesn't have to mean "sounds the same". To me it just means the songs all sound like they belong together and follow a flow that makes sense. Even albums like mu (which imo is the "worst" in these terms) have it to some extent but I think Love songs was produced, mixed, and arranged together very strongly.
I agree with this. The songs don't sound the same here, nor have they ever in any Ayu album. But its really clear that these 15 songs form one cohesive piece, which is very rare in Japanese pop albums considering singles are often released months (or years?) before album tracks are formed.

Given this is probably the closest its been between 1st single and album release ever, it was much easier for Ayu to forge an album that sounds like one piece, to have an image of what she wanted right from when MOON was released. As much as I love albums like NEXT LEVEL and m(u), the singles sometimes just don't work as one with the album tracks.

PS. I love the inclusion of a live version of Seven Days War. It makes you feel like you're at an Ayu concert, a perfect ending.

Last edited by Tony G; 19th December 2010 at 11:56 AM.
Old 19th December 2010, 11:58 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Love Song: At first I didn't like that much of this song 'cause the introduction reminds me Last Links, but at the end I absolute love this song. It's such a good song for open the album =D. I miss an introduction before this track. My note is 8.0/10
crossoroad: I really love this music. It's one of ayu best songs ever. 10/10
MOON: I'm very addicted to this song. I think work it very well after crossroad. I love the emotion this song have. 9,5/10
Sending Mail: omgggg. this is epic for me. My favorite song of the album. The ending of the song is just too amazing for words. 10/10
Last Angel: It's very nostalgic ^.^v. I was surprised when I heard at the first time. 7.0/10
Insomnia: I love all the interludes of this album. 9.0/10
Like a doll: For me is refreshing. Isn't like "wow this is perfect" but I love all the elements of this song. I love the lyrics and I can relate with then. 9.0/10
Aria: Amazing. 10/10
blossom: It's way better than MOON =). Although I think I one of few people who loves this music. 10/10
Thank U: I almost cried listening to this music. It really touched my heart I felt it was writen for overseas fans ^^. I don't think it's a happy silly useless music. I'm very happy with the results. Anyway remind me a lot of greatful days don't y'all think? =D 10/10
Sweet Season: Is my favorite song of L single. I think it's one of the best lyrics ayu ever wrote ^^. I love the country elements =D. 10/10
Overture: Beautiful interlude =). Idk but reminds Zelda Ocarina of Time xD. 10/10
Do it Again: I can't stop listening this music. It's great ^^. It's my second favorite track of the album. 10/10
November: Also reminds me Zelda Ocarina of time xD. I didn't like that much. Besides the lyrics is just ok song for me. 7.0/10
Virgin Road: Epic =D. 10/10
Seven Days War: Best final track of all ayu albuns =D. This song is love for the first listening =D. Since the crossroad I was crossing my fingers for this be a bonus track. I really love how ayu makes us feel like this is an ayu original song.10/10
Overall: I'm in love with this album. I can't stop listening and I can't skip tracks. The whole album has a good structure and is very easy to listen every track. I'm very happy with the results. I think it's better than RnRC because of the elements of every music also is more cohesive and consistent album. Anyway, this is a review without listening with all translations because I need to digest some music and feel all the deepest emotions and then organize myself with the lyrics. I always do this with ayu albuns. Later I'll post a more serious review ^^

Last edited by Michan; 19th December 2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 19th December 2010, 01:02 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
I have to say, after listening to the entire album now...I love it. It flows very well together. I honestly didn't think I would like this album as much as I do, because the previews sounded kind of bad, to me. But I am pleasantly surprised. Very glad I preordered this one!
Over all it's a 9/10 for me.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 19th December 2010, 01:11 PM
Initiate

I laugh at everyone who says being OPTIMISTIC about something so soon is a bad thing. What the hell is wrong with you all?

Truth be told, Ayu has never REALLY disappointed me. My initial impressions of her albums always remain my true and lasting impressions of her work. My opinion refines over time but it never changes drastically from what it once was.

And HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE EXPRESS GENUINE EXCITEMENT ABOUT HER WORK =D Since when did it become more acceptable to be negative about a musician's work?

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 19th December 2010, 01:14 PM
I am... Initiate

It seems Ayu likes my opinion:

OK, I'm just reli, reli happy to get a response, even if just a smiley! haha
Old 19th December 2010, 01:17 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Are we really telling ayu that her album leaked and we all downloaded it illegally? xD

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 19th December 2010, 01:18 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
Are we really telling ayu that her album leaked and we all downloaded it illegally? xD
aves is controlling the leaks so she knows it leaked, we are fans so she knows even if we order it we listen as soon as we can(well, most of us) haha
I think if she got japanese messages telling her that it would be worse, she knows international fans often have to wait weeks for orders to arrive.
Old 19th December 2010, 01:40 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by InoriNoUta View Post
I laugh at everyone who says being OPTIMISTIC about something so soon is a bad thing. What the hell is wrong with you all?

Truth be told, Ayu has never REALLY disappointed me. My initial impressions of her albums always remain my true and lasting impressions of her work. My opinion refines over time but it never changes drastically from what it once was.

And HEAVEN FORBID SOMEONE EXPRESS GENUINE EXCITEMENT ABOUT HER WORK =D Since when did it become more acceptable to be negative about a musician's work?
werk!
I can love a song so much..the excitement will Naturally die off in months. then I can ignore the song for another few months but that doesnt mean it is a bad song.
Old 19th December 2010, 01:58 PM
YOU Initiate

LOVE SONGS
it's really interesting
i feels like in a tales story..
difference world
i love it, n much better than R'N'RC
Old 19th December 2010, 02:24 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

I did a lengthy review on my blog because it's way too big to have here! lol

Here's the link: http://bestworsthings.blogspot.com/2...-hamasaki.html

I have to give this album a 9/10. It's her most coherent since RAINBOW and has the prettiest booklet since MY STORY and GUILTY.

I haven't worked out where it comes in terms of favourites but I do love it. A LOT.

Now I've had my unbiased review I can read all of yours!!

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Old 19th December 2010, 02:32 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
aves is controlling the leaks so she knows it leaked, we are fans so she knows even if we order it we listen as soon as we can(well, most of us) haha
I think if she got japanese messages telling her that it would be worse, she knows international fans often have to wait weeks for orders to arrive.
Regardless, you don't go telling the singer you download her songs illegally. Made more obvious by the fact the album is not available yet.

I guess she's not stupid though, knowing she has an international fanbase through illegal downloading.
Old 19th December 2010, 02:36 PM
still alone Initiate

This album has lotsa orchestra in it I guess. Something new...none of the songs feel like fillers but ya need to get used to it. sending mail is messy messy messed up esp the ending chorus. MW is way better.

her voice in this album is great but ya as some people said here, it's not a strong abum

Last edited by se7entheaven; 19th December 2010 at 02:50 PM.

Tags
love songs