[Utada Hikaru] The Storm Goddess says Goodbye to Happiness in her 41st thread - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 1st November 2010, 05:28 AM
Amrai-chan Amrai-chan is offline
NEVER EVER Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,664
The full version is much better.
  #82  
Old 1st November 2010, 05:45 AM
bluegie's Avatar
bluegie bluegie is offline
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
I love how even if you've heard a full chorus in a preview, you know you haven't heard it all because she changes her choruses up as well to advance the story. So it all still sounds brand new.
Yeah I was surprised at the 2nd verse during my first listen. I knew that hikki might change the way a bit she sang in the 2nd verse (since she always loves to twist the things around), still I didn't expect it would be quite different from the 1st verse.

And I love her voice during the bridge, it is so powerful...
__________________
...
...
...
.
  #83  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:11 AM
AyuGAME's Avatar
AyuGAME AyuGAME is offline
Virgin Road Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bandung, Indonesia
Posts: 19,312
after hear the full version,
i feel the song is a little flat and repetitive...
but there will be a PV for this? or not?
__________________




Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

  #84  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:49 AM
Ayu_desu Ayu_desu is offline
P.S II Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Boston / Vancouver
Posts: 1,024
I love the arrangement and the melody. I find it catchy and how each part flows into another seamlessly. Same goes for the varying instruments in each section of the song. Hikki never disappoints.
__________________

Got Ayu?

  #85  
Old 1st November 2010, 11:36 AM
terra's Avatar
terra terra is offline
forgiveness Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Indonesia
Posts: 5,147
Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkuK View Post
WHY MUST YOU HIATUS HIKKI????
Yeah, now that I listen to her latest works, I really feel that I've been missing her materials this year
  #86  
Old 1st November 2010, 12:16 PM
amorphose's Avatar
amorphose amorphose is offline
Greatful days Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Movin' on
Posts: 4,503
OMG. I'm speechless. Wow, I love this song. I haven't loved an Utada song this much since... Be My Last, no lie. I've got goosebumps.
  #87  
Old 1st November 2010, 03:25 PM
yabieru's Avatar
yabieru yabieru is offline
And Then Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Spain
Posts: 943
I'm totally in love with the full song. Thank you so much! *O*
  #88  
Old 1st November 2010, 03:55 PM
tenshi no hane's Avatar
tenshi no hane tenshi no hane is offline
everlasting dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,182
this song is great!
  #89  
Old 1st November 2010, 04:26 PM
nanakopy87's Avatar
nanakopy87 nanakopy87 is offline
INSPIRE Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,988
based on tsutaya,the song duration is as below:
Quote:
1 嵐の女神(00:04:16)
2 Show Me Love (Not A Dream)(00:04:17)
3 Goodbye Happiness(00:05:21)
4 Hymne a l’amour ~愛のアンセム~(00:06:29)
5 Can’t Wait ’Til Christmas(00:03:44)
__________________


  #90  
Old 1st November 2010, 05:14 PM
JackieRos's Avatar
JackieRos JackieRos is offline
Curtain call Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 16,157
so the radio rip is not the full song?
  #91  
Old 1st November 2010, 05:36 PM
Pieces_of_SEVEN's Avatar
Pieces_of_SEVEN Pieces_of_SEVEN is offline
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posts: 17,285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
I know I'm asking too much, but there are not PVs planned, right? :/
I believe two PVs are being filmed...not sure for which song though...
__________________

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
  #92  
Old 1st November 2010, 05:58 PM
amorphose's Avatar
amorphose amorphose is offline
Greatful days Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Movin' on
Posts: 4,503
I think the PV's are going to be for Goodbye Happiness and Can't Wait Til Christmas, but I don't think there's official confirmation of that yet..

Also, we're not missing much of Goodbye Happiness, probably just the fade out. I can't stop listening to this song.
  #93  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:02 PM
Beauty4123 Beauty4123 is offline
SAKURA Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 30,030
wow, it's 5 minutes? now i really want the full version, lol. but i just heard the radio rip and it's AMAZING! it's already stuck in my head! such a beautiful song.
__________________


Lisa on social media ♡ @ twitter & tumblr!

  #94  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:25 PM
Nackar_91 Nackar_91 is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In a random city in the Netherlands
Posts: 1,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by amorphose View Post
I think the PV's are going to be for Goodbye Happiness and Can't Wait Til Christmas, but I don't think there's official confirmation of that yet..

Also, we're not missing much of Goodbye Happiness, probably just the fade out. I can't stop listening to this song.
I hope one of the PVs is for Show me Love, actually. We've heared that title floating around for so long now it feels like it HAS to be a promotional song : /
  #95  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:31 PM
amorphose's Avatar
amorphose amorphose is offline
Greatful days Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Movin' on
Posts: 4,503
U.Blog's rough translation:

Quote:
After the sweet candy has disappeared
A sad looking little boy
On a cloudless Summer Day

Sunburnt hands and feet
Careless if her white one piece gets dirty
An unconscious paradise

I waited after the dream, but nothing
Then one day, I learned of your name

So Goodbye Loneliness
Singing along to a love song
Reflected in your eyes, I’m laughing

So Goodbye Happiness
We can’t return to those times
When we were naive and energetic
But that’s okay
Love me

You can’t overthink it or get too desperate
Don’t fool yourself
It’s a tough world

When humans find themselves all alone
Is when they realize the meaning of love

These fading passing days
Let me hear a gentle song
Do you still remember, to this day
The way we felt around the time we met

So Goodbye Innocence
We can’t return to those times
When we were naive and energetic
It’s all your fault
Kiss me

Oh everything goes round and around
Oh Darling Darling I’m not going to move on to someone else
Only you

Wouldn’t it be great if we could just live the way we are?
At crucial moments, my other self blocks my way.

So Goodbye Happiness
I want to return to those times
When we were naive and energetic
Baby, just one more time
Kiss me
I love the lyrics. She never fails, ever.
  #96  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:32 PM
ストロボ・EdGE's Avatar
ストロボ・EdGE ストロボ・EdGE is offline
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,670
I love this song. I can't believe I thought it was passable at first listen.
__________________
un asterisco
en la palma de mi mano,
una acotacion
de tu puño y letra
  #97  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:40 PM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,500


I hope the other three songs are up to the standard of the first two

And thanks for the rough translation as well! ^^

@Edge: My boyfriend thought that as well When he heard the bridge, he got all happy, so I guess he likes it too now.
  #98  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:44 PM
tenshi no hane's Avatar
tenshi no hane tenshi no hane is offline
everlasting dream Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Wouldn’t it be great if we could just live the way we are?
At crucial moments, my other self blocks my way.
I love this part <3
  #99  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:48 PM
dreamland2.0's Avatar
dreamland2.0 dreamland2.0 is offline
Liar Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,720
I love the lyrics
__________________

❁Flavors❁CD Collection❁Nana Mizuki Forum❁
  #100  
Old 1st November 2010, 06:52 PM
Beauty4123 Beauty4123 is offline
SAKURA Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 30,030
this part is my most favorite...
Quote:
Oh everything goes round and around
Oh Darling Darling I’m not going to move on to someone else
Only you
i love lyrics like this.
__________________


Lisa on social media ♡ @ twitter & tumblr!

Closed Thread


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.