![]() |
| · Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations · |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
Additional thoughts:
When she looks at her faceless self, she runs into the elevator, only to be caved in. I think what's running through her head when she looks at faceless self is, "This is what I'm going to be if I choose a future." The whole caving in thing probably symbolizes society's look down upon view on Ayu if she doesn't choose a future. She didn't choose one, as shown by running into the elevator. Perhaps she's thinking, "If I choose a future, then this is what's going to happen to me. I'm going to have no personality; society is going to look down upon me; I'm going to be murdered/raped." :/ This is possibly the most ambiguous and perplexing music video that Ayumi has made. It absolutely tops "Alterna" in creativity. I'm not surprised some U.S. artists haven't been this creative.
__________________
![]() Thank you, Sakura_Genki, for making this set!
Last edited by qwerty; 29th December 2005 at 11:50 PM. |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
Stop talking about Hitler guys...
It's obvious she's emulating Eva Chacon. Anyway. Scared the ***** out of me. Loved it.
__________________
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
yeah I felt the same "Ayuvita"! =D!
__________________
I'm back! as of 2018.09.16 Spoiler:
Last edited by minkAYuko; 29th December 2005 at 01:54 AM. |
|
#5
|
|||
|
|||
|
I say she made stuff like this since her fans liked Alterna's weirdness. So we have ourselves to blame. xD
|
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Yep. xD
__________________
|
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#8
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Yes I agree. I remember WHATEVER and it's unsettling ending.
__________________
|
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
I love this PV and song! its fits with everything. i don't know why. it just works! ahah!
__________________
![]() There are Moments when Love can Inspire you!
|
|
#10
|
|||
|
|||
|
lol, Truehappiness got the play of words. xD
I like how Ayu keeps on going to the extreme. Hope her next PV will be more controversial.
|
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like a lot the song after watching the pv 3 times! I'm addicted to it!
The lady that paints in black the people looks like the lady with the butterflyes..I don't know if anyone said it before...(i've been reading the post and havent seen it)
__________________
|
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ayu´s cute but the PV is weird
|
|
#13
|
||||
|
||||
|
I like the elephant toy alot. It's cute and her outfit.
But the part where the American was "sitting" on a girl freak me out. It's quite freaky. And the people marching. Scary.
__________________
Hammie: AAAABBCCDPS Piggy: ZhuZhu i<3u since 15052005 avatar credit to Sweet_angel from boajjang |
|
#14
|
|||
|
|||
|
i love this pv. really random but cool at the same time.
I havent tried examining it yet but after looking at the lyrics im sure i could get a good idea. |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
Why are people saying it looks like she's being raped? She's not even fighting against it. Raping is a violent act, a scene such as that would be ayumi screaming and fighting against it but that's not what happwned, she seemed to actually be accepting that the guy was there with her geez. Plus there was nothing that "directky" suggested sex in that scene, other than both being on their bed. The guy looks creepy because that's how the girls feel after having their feelings hurt by their bf. Ayu actually seemed bored and angry at him despite how much wild and violent he would be like. She rather has a "I don't care for you attitude".
__________________
♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 28th December 2005 at 10:01 PM. |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Also, just a little interesting thing to note - when she is raped in the movie Redies, afterwords she just lies on that bed not moving and a single tear slides down her face. Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 28th December 2005 at 11:48 PM. |
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite Last edited by ImpactBreaker; 29th December 2005 at 12:09 AM. |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Like the whole rest of the video, the scene isn't explicit in its message and can be interpreted a number of ways. All those things that you mentioned don't need to be there to imply rape or murder. I see it as simply an abstract artistic expression of a man exerting power/force over a woman, be it rape, murder or what not.
Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 29th December 2005 at 12:12 AM. |
|
#19
|
|||
|
|||
|
Interesting PV. I haven't gathered my thoughts about it yet since I've only seen it once. However, I also don't see the rape connection. I forgot where I read it (must've been another one of these threads) but someone was connecting it to 1984 and "Equilibrium". Since I haven't read 1984, I couldn't tie a connection to it but I'll ask my sister to watch the PV. I do see where "Equilibrium" may fit in visually but not so much plot-wise.
On a superficial note, Ayumi looked really adorable in the hallway scene (even with the massive amount of glitter eyeshadow) but the outfit is so gaudy! It's something out of a cartoon. Nonetheless, very cute. |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Already many good interpretations have been tossed out with her future/career - doors thing etc etc, I noticed one person also noticed the stirrups. It was a young boy on the table (don't ask me why, I just imagine the older maid giving a young master a licking and there was nothing to suggest feminimity except for the hair which I'll touch in a moment) and it was a (I forget the term) table with stirrups for preganant women's exams/actual birth. This one may be stretching it but the maid is using her power/feminimity (maid = stereotypical female role) to push the young master into a submissive (female) position, long hair and such, getting satisfaction at using her feminimity in that manner. Actually that all sounded like a lot of rubbish, I should've slept more last night but feel free to pick it apart. People have already gotten the white lady with her diferent faces and butterflies, however with the black lady she's using liquid latex to cover the mannequins with a sort of "new skin" to change them from their pure white to darkness, completely changing their appearance in a sort of 180 from what they previously were. Liquid latex has a large fetishist's market so it could be saying something about how some has felt her career has gone from the pure little girl to some kinky sexual temptress. For the end part with the guy everyone seems to be screaming REYP but as I interpret it she's sitting in the dark room alone by herself with nothing but her "past" to haunt her, "the man" sneaking up on her, looking somewhat like a zombie, continually resurrecting himself to follow her and creep up when she's vulnerable and alone. I was just trying to touch on a few points however it all came out really jumbled, I might take another stab at being coherent later. |
![]() |
|
|
![]() |