[2006] Black Cherry vs. Secret (oh yes, I went there!) - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Which album do you enjoy most?
Secret - Ayumi Hamasaki 321 77.72%
Black Cherry - Koda Kumi 92 22.28%
Voters: 413. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 22nd December 2006, 02:41 AM
elepop's Avatar
elepop elepop is offline
talkin' 2 myself Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 12,113
YAY! Finally bought and listened to "Secret" and I must say it's a wonderful album. So yeah, I voted for "Secret"!
__________________

Girls' Generation is ♥.

Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 22nd December 2006, 02:45 AM
Mad_Cactuar Mad_Cactuar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Malaysia.
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by asongforXX View Post
YAY! Finally bought and listened to "Secret" and I must say it's a wonderful album. So yeah, I voted for "Secret"!
*feigns shock*

Joking, but in a good way.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 22nd December 2006, 02:50 AM
XFER's Avatar
XFER XFER is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: México
Posts: 2,860
Black Cherry will reach a million, I am sure
__________________

Set, courtesy of the always reliable Yoake!
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 22nd December 2006, 03:43 AM
Ayumiko's Avatar
Ayumiko Ayumiko is offline
Dolls Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 3,450
I also think black cherry will sell over 1 million or even more like ss...I dont know...a lot of unexpected things happened recently like the sales of Secret and The End..I didnt think The End would sell that low...I remembered there was a thread about which of the 3 albums would sell the most...I think I had mika and ayu tied after kumi. Also kumi is having big promotions where she was actually in person somewhere in public (I saw the pic somewhere) just like ft and ss. (her with a bunch of kumi look alikes) I think if I was there and saw her in person, I might really buy the album...even though I heard the album and didnt like it.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:25 AM
Keishi's Avatar
Keishi Keishi is offline
Will Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: dreamworld.
Posts: 8,493
Ah you mean the Cherry X'mas? Where she got girls dressing up like her Black Cherry CD+2DVD Cover? Yeah, I saw that too.


I think this one will hit a million. Coz well. It's Japan and their love for Mainstream Pop songs. Take a look how everyone predict 1 million for the rock album Secret and how it doesn't materialize. Perhaps Japan has different views for these two albums?
We love Secret, Japan hates, didn't really like this omfgreat album = no 1 Million yet.
We hate Black Cherry, Japan loves it = 1 Million is ensured, or at least
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:30 AM
Mad_Cactuar Mad_Cactuar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Malaysia.
Posts: 6,442
Secret isn't a rock album, it's pop.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:35 AM
..:Hot:Like:Wow:..'s Avatar
..:Hot:Like:Wow:.. ..:Hot:Like:Wow:.. is offline
Daybreak Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,713
BC may have a chance at reaching 1 mill but there is no chance in hell of it coming close to ss and absolutely no chance of it outselling ss... that would be as crazy as I am... having outsold A BEST. Kuu's already peaked in 05-06
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:37 AM
Mad_Cactuar Mad_Cactuar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Malaysia.
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
BC may have a chance at reaching 1 mill but there is no chance in hell of it coming close to ss and absolutely no chance of it outselling ss... that would be as crazy as I am... having outsold A BEST. Kuu's already peaked in 05-06
I agree with you. That's true.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:44 AM
minkAYuko's Avatar
minkAYuko minkAYuko is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: México
Posts: 5,524
I have to say Secret.

I SWEAR I tried my best to listen to black cherry and find something I Liked but I didn.t find that something (I only kept Juicy). I found Bc like it was trying too hard! most of the sons are really long... or at least they feel never ending, mainly beacuase they are repetitve and is a complete mess.

as for Secret it.s different from what she has released before... I find that is not realy a complex album as My Story (My story fans could agree with me) it.s really pop almost like RAINBOW but below it in complexity. The beats and "cool sounds" are the main atracttion on Secret, it could sound rrushed (as some ppl say but I still don.t understand what they mean by it) but if you notice even the art work on the booklet speaks for the album... "simplicity but cool"

I.m glad she got out of her system the "bold and delicious" feel that has Secret, now she can move on to a more grown and complex sound and keep on growing.
__________________
I'm back! as of 2018.09.16
Spoiler:
MY END: 5,000 posts.
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:48 AM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 35,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keishi View Post
Ah you mean the Cherry X'mas? Where she got girls dressing up like her Black Cherry CD+2DVD Cover? Yeah, I saw that too.


I think this one will hit a million. Coz well. It's Japan and their love for Mainstream Pop songs. Take a look how everyone predict 1 million for the rock album Secret and how it doesn't materialize. Perhaps Japan has different views for these two albums?
We love Secret, Japan hates, didn't really like this omfgreat album = no 1 Million yet.
We hate Black Cherry, Japan loves it = 1 Million is ensured, or at least
So they hated ULTRA BLUE too?


You have really bad examples.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 22nd December 2006, 05:58 AM
Kaiouforever's Avatar
Kaiouforever Kaiouforever is offline
forgiveness Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 5,026
Why do people post links if they can't even read it?

I think comparing the two is silly, because they both have very different voices and styles, so ultimately it's near-impossible to vote for one or the other, because everyone's tastes are so varied.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:01 AM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 35,493
People group whoever they can together, and it seems Ayu is the 'dominant' one of pairings..

Ayu vs. Hikki
Ayu vs. BoA
and now, Ayu vs. Koda.

I wonder if an Ayu vs. JYONGRI is possible..
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:10 AM
..:Hot:Like:Wow:..'s Avatar
..:Hot:Like:Wow:.. ..:Hot:Like:Wow:.. is offline
Daybreak Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,713
I think it's because Ayu is the biggest singer out there so when a passing fad with a quick burst of fame comes along, they instantly want to compare that singer to the greatest of them all, the Queen of J-pop Ayumi Hamasaki.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:13 AM
Keishi's Avatar
Keishi Keishi is offline
Will Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: dreamworld.
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
So they hated ULTRA BLUE too?


You have really bad examples.
I'm not talking about ULTRA BLUE. Stay on topic, already.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:15 AM
Mad_Cactuar Mad_Cactuar is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Malaysia.
Posts: 6,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
So they hated ULTRA BLUE too?


You have really bad examples.
I agree, once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofpop View Post
I think it's because Ayu is the biggest singer out there so when a passing fad with a quick burst of fame comes along, they instantly want to compare that singer to the greatest of them all, the Queen of J-pop Ayumi Hamasaki.
You got it right there! People always want something better, and even if Ayu is now the bestest, the search is on for the next hot starlet. Human nature, tsk tsk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keishi
Take a look how everyone predict 1 million for the rock album Secret and how it doesn't materialize. Perhaps Japan has different views for these two albums?
We love Secret, Japan hates, didn't really like this omfgreat album = no 1 Million yet.
We hate Black Cherry, Japan loves it = 1 Million is ensured, or at least
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keishi
I'm not talking about ULTRA BLUE. Stay on topic, already.
You contradict yourself.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:37 AM
WillofDusk WillofDusk is offline
independent Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 3,055
I picked Ayu's Secret without any doubt.
At the first time I listened to BC.I though, oh my god,Ayu'll lose....*sniff*
After then..... hoho Ayu has won again.
I dun really think Kuu are that talented and she dun have a perfect voice like Ayu, although she tried her best, the result is just based on promotion factors. The music should be flow itself not by using selling tricks like her recent 12 singles in 12 weeks and the 2 Best with many tracks and PVs that are limited in the 12 singles, and now the drama Cherry girl.
I now feel more sure that sales dun say anythings , the only thing that make music fantastic is your ears and the artist's talent.
So many times I update and del songs in my computer and iPod, the only person I couldn't do so is just Ayu. She's got the talent and my ears love her, the more I listen to her, even those songs that you said it is horib, the more I like her and her songs, her work. If Kuu had the talent, she would have sales milions like Ayu from the very first album.
And like I said,BC is promotional work.The only track that is luckily tucked in my head is Get up& move,I barely care about the lyrics(so as ayu) so just the rymth and the voice and Kuu has got nothing in BC.Tough luck, not as my expected.
Sorry Kuu fans for using so many "i'm kicking ye *ss" speech and I'm not an Kuu-hater or anti-Kuu

Last edited by WillofDusk; 22nd December 2006 at 06:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:43 AM
PSYCHEDELICOdust's Avatar
PSYCHEDELICOdust PSYCHEDELICOdust is offline
independent Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,113
I forgot, hadn't voted.

Secret.
__________________



set amazingly made by truehappiness

Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:51 AM
Keishi's Avatar
Keishi Keishi is offline
Will Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: dreamworld.
Posts: 8,493
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar View Post
You contradict yourself.
You need to read posts better. Srsly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Keishi View Post
Ah you mean the Cherry X'mas? Where she got girls dressing up like her Black Cherry CD+2DVD Cover? Yeah, I saw that too.


I think this one will hit a million. Coz well. It's Japan and their love for Mainstream Pop songs. Take a look how everyone predict 1 million for the rock album Secret and how it doesn't materialize. Perhaps Japan has different views for these two albums?
We love Secret, Japan hates, didn't really like this omfgreat album = no 1 Million yet.
We hate Black Cherry, Japan loves it = 1 Million is ensured, or at least
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:59 AM
PSYCHEDELICOdust's Avatar
PSYCHEDELICOdust PSYCHEDELICOdust is offline
independent Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 3,113
Seems kinda strange to limit the view to just those two albums, one would assume it applies to all recent entries in the female pop spectrum.
__________________



set amazingly made by truehappiness

Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 22nd December 2006, 06:59 AM
~X2RADialbomber~'s Avatar
~X2RADialbomber~ ~X2RADialbomber~ is offline
Real me Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 3,684
^ (to keishi) Not everyone hates or likes a certain thing so you cannot particularly blame it on that. I think the reason Secret was so popular was that her vocals were amazing and the music was something we've wished we'd see for a very long time. Black Cherry was loved by a lot of people, but people only saw the album for it's album tracks and said it was crap. I know so many who have said that Black Cherry is their favourite Kuu album.. so don't generalise >_>

How do you know a one million is ensured? Lets wait and see for the sales and then it will suffice.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.