[Official Message] Winter Single 「Zutto... / Last minute / Walk」 2014.12.24 in stores - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th November 2014, 11:18 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

It's been so long since I've been excited for an ayu release... Mind you I've only been a fan since party queen so I haven't been able to be excited for lots of stuff but the wait for love and again were painful.
This release not so much but the hype train wants to depart soon...
Old 9th November 2014, 02:28 AM
GREEN Initiate

I think party queen was the last time I was super excited?
Was five before or after? I cant seem to remember.

EDIT:
I take that back. i was really excited for her 15th anny... but after that mess of releases it was such a let down.
Old 9th November 2014, 05:06 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Thumbs down Kisumai...again

I don't think you guys are going to be happy again - Kisumai is going to mess up with Ayu again - first Colours, now this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
12th single Thank you Jan ! will be released on Xmas Eve

[CD+DVD] 「Thank youじゃん!」<初回生産限定盤A>

2014-12-24
AVCD-83191/B ¥1,728(税込)

☆豪華特殊パッケージ

【CD収録内容】

01 Thank youじゃん!
02 君にあえるから (KOWA「ぬくぬく当番」CMソング)
KOWA「ぬくぬく当番」CMソング

【DVD収録内容】

・ 「Thank youじゃん!」MUSIC VIDEO
・ メンバーが教える!!振付けVIDEO+α映像

[CD+DVD] 「Thank youじゃん!」<初回生産限定盤B>

2014-12-24
AVCD-83192/B ¥1,728(税込)

☆豪華特殊パッケージ

【CD収録内容】

01 Thank youじゃん!
KOWA「ぬくぬく当番」CMソング

【DVD収録内容】

・ 「Thank youじゃん!」マルチアングルMUSIC VIDEO
(複数のカメラで撮影した映像を自由に選び、自分だけのMUSIC VIDEOを作れる最新鋭の機能を搭載)

・ MUSIC VIDEO&ジャケット撮影メイキング密着映像

[CDシングル] 「Thank youじゃん!」<通常盤>

2014-12-24
AVCD-83193 ¥1,080(税込)

☆シリアルコード封入
 抽選でキスマイ新春イベントに招待! *詳細は追って発表
☆豪華フォトブックレット

【CD収録内容】

01 Thank youじゃん!
KOWA「ぬくぬく当番」CMソング
03 新曲 タイトル未定A
04 新曲 タイトル未定B

http://avex.jp/kismyft2/discography/
Old 9th November 2014, 05:55 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Well a big FUCK YOU to whoever those nobodies are.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 9th November 2014, 06:13 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
I don't think you guys are going to be happy again - Kisumai is going to mess up with Ayu again - first Colours, now this...

We already knew about the single. Someone mentioned before there is no way Ayu will get #1 because of a johnny's group single coming out same date.

The idol / johnny associates thing is so fucking old it faps to AKB48 covers and handshake events. That's how old and perverted and stinkin' has-been it all is. I wish we could get back to valuing soloists again.
Old 9th November 2014, 07:46 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

Well, Ayu already broke her streak, so #1 really doesn't matter anymore
Old 9th November 2014, 12:22 PM
SEASONS Initiate

I am really happy with this release but I think it would be cool if they make a DVD version including some footages from a nation or a nation SG. I am going to buy it anyway but extra content is always good.
Regarding any PV...well, Namie released BBC/beautiful in CD only version and the song got a PV so maybe they can do the same with Ayu, I don't know.

Last edited by Toniayu123; 9th November 2014 at 02:25 PM.
Old 9th November 2014, 01:58 PM
GREEN Initiate

I think its the trill she could have gotten a number 1... but with everyone else releasing singles on that day she would be lucky to be in the top 3.
Old 9th November 2014, 10:00 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
At least 70% of her discography is composed of songs with rock influences /elements or what you want so she can easily choose over all her discography if she want to make an A BEST ROCK someday lol

To me "Tell all" is a Synth Rock song ! It's electronic but still the rock influence is well present =)
well she does have Nomura Yoshio in her live band Without him her tours would feel different. I think its sort of a trademark in most of her songs to have awesome riffs before the final verse of her songs (made even better at her tours)
__________________________________________________ ____

Though with a rock ballad, if I ask my friends what ayu songs sounds like a rock ballad, they refer to Marionette as a true rock ballad. I would love a ballad that could be placed next to Marionette

Last edited by douggn; 9th November 2014 at 10:12 PM.
Old 9th November 2014, 10:03 PM
ayu trance Initiate

But like every single, people will over hype it, then hate it when its released, than when something new comes put, act like they always loved the previous release (*´ο`*)=3

Old 9th November 2014, 10:12 PM
æternal Initiate

She might not get number 1 again this time but I have a feeling that this single's gonna sell well. The Japanese people love ballads and this single won't be exempted IMO. Let's just all wish for the best (regardless of the chart positions). At the first place, Ayu releasing a "single" (and a BALLAD SINGLE OMFG) is enough for me. <3

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 9th November 2014, 10:34 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Now I'm curious about the cover and song previews. Is this the confirmed final tracklist?

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 9th November 2014, 11:31 PM
Because of You Initiate

i don't think we'll get the covers untill middle of the next month lol
Old 10th November 2014, 01:35 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
She might not get number 1 again this time but I have a feeling that this single's gonna sell well. The Japanese people love ballads and this single won't be exempted IMO. Let's just all wish for the best (regardless of the chart positions). At the first place, Ayu releasing a "single" (and a BALLAD SINGLE OMFG) is enough for me. <3
Well, I totally wanted to think of this single as a comeback for Ayu, but when the no CD+DVD part, no PVs part, and what we already know will be true about this single because every other release of hers has had the same treatment for the last four-six years: No promotions or performances, was all announced... That really tanked my expectation that she wants to have her Namie Amuro moment.

I'm excited for new winter ballads, though I think sales will be significantly lower than Ftl/Mgr and may be only a bit higher than Terminal. I mentioned before that almost no one bounces back from a really low-selling single release in Japan unless they are completely reinventing their career (Namie) or they are part of an idol group. BoA, Otsuka Ai, Mika Nakashima, Kana Nishino... they are all big names that haven't recovered after a low-selling album or single. BoA dropped off the scene after IDENTITY, Otsuka's Love Letter ended her album streak, Mika had the same issue with YES, and Kana underwhelmed with Thank you, LOVE. I know Ayu is a little different, much more well-known, but she has been very experimental for J-Pop since 2008 when GUILTY was announced as her first rock album, so I think audiences are genuinely unsure what her next song or album will sound like... if they even know she is releasing something, which is where the lack of promotion makes things worse.

The whole industry has changed because of technology and the focus on idol groups now, so I think the only thing we can expect is that this will surely be a Top 20 single, but I won't bet on it being in the Top 5 and with no PV or CD+DVD, I am almost confident this will not be a Top 10.

I will actually kind of give my idea of what the figures will be just based off what we know right now. No promotion, no PV, no CD+DVD, the huge drop in single sales for Terminal, Colours' sales, etc... I think first week sales will be between 8-12k. Total sales may be close to 15k. If the previews sound very different from what she did on Colours and LOVE again, I think total sales will be closer to 10k.

At this point, I'm just glad she's releasing a new single before a new album comes out. But, at the same time, I am also kind of having my shock moments when things like Terminal come around. Ayu is having a lot of career firsts now... mostly things like "lowest selling single" and "lowest charting album"... which just aren't as exciting as saying "15th year in a row with a #1 album". But I'm still on board for right now.

I secretly hope though that she goes back to her old sound and only a few of us get to stick around to enjoy it. I always feel like I'm in a very special club listening to artists like KOKIA and RURUTIA because they aren't well-known but they are so amazing.
Old 10th November 2014, 01:39 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Wow I actually love all these titles this time. Been a while since an ayu song title didn't make me go "wtf?" lol
Old 10th November 2014, 02:30 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Well, I totally wanted to think of this single as a comeback for Ayu, but when the no CD+DVD part, no PVs part, and what we already know will be true about this single because every other release of hers has had the same treatment for the last four-six years: No promotions or performances, was all announced... That really tanked my expectation that she wants to have her Namie Amuro moment.

I'm excited for new winter ballads, though I think sales will be significantly lower than Ftl/Mgr and may be only a bit higher than Terminal. I mentioned before that almost no one bounces back from a really low-selling single release in Japan unless they are completely reinventing their career (Namie) or they are part of an idol group. BoA, Otsuka Ai, Mika Nakashima, Kana Nishino... they are all big names that haven't recovered after a low-selling album or single. BoA dropped off the scene after IDENTITY, Otsuka's Love Letter ended her album streak, Mika had the same issue with YES, and Kana underwhelmed with Thank you, LOVE. I know Ayu is a little different, much more well-known, but she has been very experimental for J-Pop since 2008 when GUILTY was announced as her first rock album, so I think audiences are genuinely unsure what her next song or album will sound like... if they even know she is releasing something, which is where the lack of promotion makes things worse.

The whole industry has changed because of technology and the focus on idol groups now, so I think the only thing we can expect is that this will surely be a Top 20 single, but I won't bet on it being in the Top 5 and with no PV or CD+DVD, I am almost confident this will not be a Top 10.

I will actually kind of give my idea of what the figures will be just based off what we know right now. No promotion, no PV, no CD+DVD, the huge drop in single sales for Terminal, Colours' sales, etc... I think first week sales will be between 8-12k. Total sales may be close to 15k. If the previews sound very different from what she did on Colours and LOVE again, I think total sales will be closer to 10k.

At this point, I'm just glad she's releasing a new single before a new album comes out. But, at the same time, I am also kind of having my shock moments when things like Terminal come around. Ayu is having a lot of career firsts now... mostly things like "lowest selling single" and "lowest charting album"... which just aren't as exciting as saying "15th year in a row with a #1 album". But I'm still on board for right now.

I secretly hope though that she goes back to her old sound and only a few of us get to stick around to enjoy it. I always feel like I'm in a very special club listening to artists like KOKIA and RURUTIA because they aren't well-known but they are so amazing.
Interesting outlook and post. It's sad, but the honest truth.
Old 10th November 2014, 03:55 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Since the release is on christmas week,
it was kinda expected there would be competition... I don't care for the position, I just hope it sells better than Terminal, because this time it's new material. But the sales will probably be lower than Feel the love, specially because it has less versions.

Old 10th November 2014, 12:10 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
You said Namie Amuro has regained popularity by reinventing her carrer (I think you're probably referring to the Best Fiction Era) but at the same time you said that Ayumi has been too experimental since 2008 (which is great for us, fans). My question is this : How can Ayu "reinvent" her carrer to be successful again? If we look at her albums, she's always coming with new sounds and visuals (if this is not reinvention, than what is it?), which is the main confusion of the jpop lover mass.
Look at Kana Nishino by the way : she has those big sales (not as big as before but still) because she keeps singing the same jpop styled love songs. Not that's a bad thing, but I feel that this is popular in Japan right now.

By the way, I love Kokia and Rurutia too
Old 10th November 2014, 12:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal17 View Post
You said Namie Amuro has regained popularity by reinventing her carrer (I think you're probably referring to the Best Fiction Era) but at the same time you said that Ayumi has been too experimental since 2008 (which is great for us, fans). My question is this : How can Ayu "reinvent" her carrer to be successful again? If we look at her albums, she's always coming with new sounds and visuals (if this is not reinvention, than what is it?), which is the main confusion of the jpop lover mass.
Look at Kana Nishino by the way : she has those big sales (not as big as before but still) because she keeps singing the same jpop styled love songs. Not that's a bad thing, but I feel that this is popular in Japan right now.

By the way, I love Kokia and Rurutia too
She like the change, the complaining fans like and want the same thing over and over. Its just the times and how the music industry is. Its outdated and they wont accept change. Look how long it took the industry to get with the online deal with the declining sales and blah. They're is such diversity with her songs (this is one of the reason I love ayu's music so much, something for every mood, I don't need much more in music). She just does what she loves and as long as people want to listen to her, she will keep on doing her own thing. Fans will influence her choice in some songs but the rest is what she wants, because ayu is reflecting herself in her songs, not us.

Old 10th November 2014, 01:22 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

I don't think that Ayu changing her style has to do with low sales at all, her albums never sound like the previous ones, she's been always changing her style. The only experimental thing she did may be Party Queen, besides it there's nothing ground breaking...

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Closed Thread

Tags
last minute, tetsuya komuro, tetsuya yukumi, walk, zutto...