Ayumi's discography added to Youtube - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 23rd December 2019, 12:09 PM
appears Initiate

Smile Ayumi's discography added to Youtube

All the albums are up on Youtube!

https://www.youtube.com/user/ayu/pla...dd&shelf_id=98

Although some songs are missing.

Last edited by Cahz-; 23rd December 2019 at 12:42 PM.
Old 23rd December 2019, 06:21 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

nice! I saw they did that to Kuu's discography, it's nice they're making them available on all platforms.
Old 23rd December 2019, 07:53 PM
No way to say Initiate

woooow! that's great!!

ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 A ~WAKE UP~. Dec 29/30/31, 2012. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. Apr 13/14, 2013. Saitama Super Arena, Saitama.
ayumi hamasaki 15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~. July 27/28, 2013. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. May 22, 2016. XEBIO Arena, Sendai.
ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~. July 18, 2016. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka.
ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』. Dec 29, 2016. Yoyogi National Gymnasium, Tokyo.
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. July 15/17, 2017. Osaka-Jo Hall, Osaka
ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』. January 9, 2018. ROHM Theatre, Kyoto
Old 23rd December 2019, 10:03 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

nice
but what is the point on putting full album playlists with short versions of the main single songs? :/

Last edited by perfectodub; 23rd December 2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 24th December 2019, 12:27 AM
And Then Initiate

Pretty cool! <3

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 24th December 2019, 05:57 AM
Daybreak Guardian

That's really nice! Her discography is so good, it deserves to be available in as many platforms as possible.
Old 26th December 2019, 02:59 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

I know this is good for ayufans and casual fans but how can this be good for ayu's pocket?

Isn't it self-defeating that her music is on other paid platforms like AWA?

So what's the point

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 28th December 2019, 06:32 AM
Two of us Initiate

More good news on the YouTube front: Avex released a "most viewed" list, and while Ayu didn't make a most watched video, her channel is their 7th most watched overall as of the end of 2019!

Source: https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2...83505-exp-musi

Also, visionfactory, it certainly can eat into profits to offer the music for free this way. But putting it up earns money from YouTube streams. Not as much as downloading it, but if Avex doesn't put it up a pirate site/channel will, and then they will earn NO money.

At least, that's how I assume they're thinking. It's the logic that makes the most sense to me.
Old 31st December 2019, 04:01 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKAyu View Post
if Avex doesn't put it up a pirate site/channel will, and then they will earn NO money.

At least, that's how I assume they're thinking. It's the logic that makes the most sense to me.
While that's absolutely true, I'll add this: Years ago, there was a free site that streamed all sorts of content, and this is where I got introduced to Ayu. One of the "channels" was streaming the Clip Box set - one video after another, in a loop, 24/7. I found myself rather fascinated by her overall work.

To make a long story short, I've since purchased *all* of her albums, EPs, compilations, and concerts (tours + countdown live). If they've lost a few sales here and there of a few random albums, I've singlehandedly made up for a few of them. :-)
Old 31st December 2019, 07:03 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dandy_ View Post
While that's absolutely true, I'll add this: Years ago, there was a free site that streamed all sorts of content, and this is where I got introduced to Ayu. One of the "channels" was streaming the Clip Box set - one video after another, in a loop, 24/7. I found myself rather fascinated by her overall work.

To make a long story short, I've since purchased *all* of her albums, EPs, compilations, and concerts (tours + countdown live). If they've lost a few sales here and there of a few random albums, I've singlehandedly made up for a few of them. :-)
That's great, but it's by no means what everyone does. Author Maggie Stiefvater posted a great essay on how her book series The Raven Cycle was almost cancelled, despite readership GROWING, because of pirating. You can read it below:

https://thewickedandthehufflepuff.tu...l-you-guys/amp
Old 1st January 2020, 04:04 PM
Two of us Initiate

Agreed. But the other argument is that not everyone who uses the "alternatives" would have made a purchase if those didn't exist.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:01 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Agreed. But the other argument is that not everyone who uses the "alternatives" would have made a purchase if those didn't exist.
I would have agreed with that a few years ago. Now they're often already available from the library (including online services like Hoopla, where you can read/listen for free online at any time), low-cost streaming, buying from second-hand sources, and sometimes from the authors/musicians/artists themselves who'll put the music up for free to get ahead of pirates.

Doing it that way artists realize they might get a little advertising money, can connect with fans, and are promoting the real money makers--concerts and goods. If pirating meant more sales for them, it wouldn't have led to so many artists going broke, getting dropped from their labels, and changing their business models. They're changing to KEEP UP with piracy now. There's no longer money in just making the music itself. Or books or art or whatever.

For example, over the last decade a lot of mid-list authors have had contracts cancelled from piracy. Or in music, singer Jean Grae had two albums-in-progress in a row pirated in 2008. She gave up on making money from that and supported herself by charging to make music for others. She says now what you said--that the music spread to new people via piracy. She lost money then because few people bought it after listening, but now that she's learned better how to get around pirates and more people know her from that pirated music, she finally released a new album just last year.

I can't blame anyone who pirated to get things they COULDN'T get until now, or used pirating to sample things. I won't pretend I never did it with manga that wasn't yet available in English. But now that I know how many careers were ruined, or at least derailed, and now that so many artists are making sure their stuff is available before pirates can get it and there's so many sources to access most anything, hopefully fans will do their best to, say, watch an artist's videos on their own channel. <3
Old 2nd January 2020, 04:17 PM
Two of us Initiate

I write software for a living, which is another area where piracy is rampant, so I'm very familiar with the topic. Piracy's always existed, and always will; there's *always* someone who will get the content without paying. You can't go after everyone; there's a point of diminishing returns and just have to accept not every pirated copy translates into a lost sale anyway.
Old 2nd January 2020, 05:37 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
I write software for a living, which is another area where piracy is rampant, so I'm very familiar with the topic. Piracy's always existed, and always will; there's *always* someone who will get the content without paying. You can't go after everyone; there's a point of diminishing returns and just have to accept not every pirated copy translates into a lost sale anyway.
Yah, definitely. That's where the artists and companies have just been trying to compensate, and have a better handle on it now. Like you said, they can't stop it, so they're finding ways to roll with it.

Tags
ayumi hamasaki, youtube