[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th August 2018, 06:35 PM
Don't look back Initiate

I feel like the music in the album is soooo driven. Im not sure how to put it but every song's arrangement and music is really very thorough and packed. There's not really a very quiet and slowpaced moment. Every song has the BAMBAMBAM factor. BUT one thing about it is that...its so apparent the difference in her quality of her voice when it switches from æternal to WORDS. The difference in smoothness and easy-singing is obvious to me (what Zeke mentioned).

I think her marketing worked. Those teasers on Spotify. Ultimately all led to this moment that, you are already familiar with the song, pieces of it and the final product is something not too out of your comfort zone. it's familiar and somehow reassuring to me. I mean of course, that is provided people actually replayed those teasers (which I hope they can take down from all her online disco NOW)

-----

01. We are the QUEENS - felt new to me because I completely havent listened to it for the past 1.5 years. It's still refreshing but very game music of course. Still has a gimmicky factor but in another light, quite empowering.

02. æternal - I was soooo scared about that vocal track she went with but she still went with it. The mixing makes her voice not so jarring especially when it turns emotional. In the latter half, she sounds really strong though, but still maintaining an emotional quality and that is what I love about her voice (at least in studio tracks). She doesnt have to FORCE it, she just HAS that quality in her vocals (for example in WORDS. She sounds emotional but she doesnt force it through the way she sings). I also forgot there was a bridge in this piece so it was great to hear it and I really do feel her passion when she sings here. Musically, I love the song. Someone compared it to NOW & 4EVA, beatwise and basswise, I can hear it but I do love this bittersweet summer midtempo track a lot.

03. WORDS - LOVE and still LOVE.

04. W - Wow What.The.Heck. Does W stand for WOW?! This is some really hard guitar and rock sound which I havent really heard from her. It totally deserves a PV omg. I can imagine this being the rockier twisted version of Ladies Night somehow. Musically, it reminds me of 1 LOVE. Verse super rich but Chorus less melodious. But wait, I mean, I wish it was more...creative? and LONGER? the chorus felt like it was going to places but it cut short. I totally love the speed of it. And the music during that bridge and how it led into the chorus after? BRILLIANT.

05. The way I am - Love this too. I actually already know the lyrics from listening just from the LINE Live and that fanrecorded version in PoM final LOL. It's so heartfelt and moving. She sounds so genuine and the way she sings gives me so much positive vibes along with the music (despite its typical arrangement but whatever, its classic)

Last edited by freedreamer; 5th August 2018 at 06:38 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 06:54 PM
everlasting dream Initiate

I loooooove W The lyrics are fun and I always like her rock songs. The others don't really do much for me.
Old 5th August 2018, 06:56 PM
Two of us Initiate

I absolutely love æternal!!!!
Old 5th August 2018, 07:00 PM
too late Initiate

"W" is horrible, nothing original....and borring.

Other tracks are just good for 2 and 1/2 years of waiting...
Old 5th August 2018, 07:06 PM
Far away Initiate

I'm still digesting everything and I'll give my thoughts later, but for now I can say:

"OK Ayu, you did... good?"
Old 5th August 2018, 07:09 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Look what our forum member Katsuyuki012 has made, the album preview:
Old 5th August 2018, 07:13 PM
Initiate

Nothing really outstanding for me, except W which I like! I wish Ayu did more songs like this one and not the eternal pop/ballad music
Old 5th August 2018, 07:15 PM
TO BE Initiate

W is on repeat . I just hope that W will get some creepy music video.
Old 5th August 2018, 07:23 PM
Initiate

æternal - it sounds nice but it lacks potential. It'd fit a full-length album better as a classic filler track.

W - it reminds me of 1 LOVE. It's the type of song I need to listen at least 5 times to form an opinion. With Ayu's rock songs it's always either love or meh and my first impression is that this one is going to be on the second batch.

The way I am - I love this one. It has the typical Ayu sound and emotional lyrics.

As some of you have already said, it's a bit disappointing for such a long wait...
Old 5th August 2018, 07:29 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Just listened to the album, overall I think it would work better if it were a mini album, still weirded out how they called it an album but yeah like people said I hope there's a part 2 (but I won't be expecting it).

Favorite tracks overall are We are the queens, W, and WORDS. W really blew me away, æternal is good but having it right before WORDS reminded me of how much better WORDS is lol. The way I am is quite simple and doesn't stand out to me, I can't even hear much emotion in her voice like I can in the other tracks. Overall I am pretty happy with it though and I'll be having W on repeat for a while!
Old 5th August 2018, 07:31 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Aeternal is a struggle for me to get through and her voice sounds constantly struggling too. I have NEVER had this feeling when listening to an ayu song. I love Made in Japan but on this album you can really hear those live inflections that she has adapted to sing certain tones like all the U are so intensely ÜÜÜÜÜ now and I hate that. She can't seem to hold a note anymore and it's sad. At least I couldn't hear that in the studio versions so far but in aeternal and The way I am it's so obvious.

I know this is an unpopular opinion but I also didnt think her recent live performances were any good. And it pains me to write this because I love ayu so much and she gets enough sh*t as is. Probably won't listen to those songs much. They're not pleasant to listen to for me. (only the 3 new songs, I actually liked Words and We are the queens)

tumblr

Old 5th August 2018, 07:46 PM
Far away Initiate

We are the QUEENS - I could count in both hands the amount of times I listened to it since it's release. It's a pretty fun song, it's just the long intro that I feel is totally out of place.

æternal - My favorite so far. I love the chorus and the bridge. I noticed that, probably because it's an early leak, but I feel the quality of the mixing sounds off. I hope that's case because the song is lovely. Another thing that bothers me is the way she sings "ru", it's the same way when she's singing live... which I'm not a fan of.

WORDS - Still feel the same. Cute, but nothing memorable or groundbreaking.

W - I was scared lol omg, I don't think she's made this kind of rock song before. This was one was very interesting, the opening, the verses and the arrangement and if she happens to make a PV for it, I can see something like a "dark circus". I just can't get into the chorus, it's so much build up but I feel like something is really missing in it, it could be more intense.

The way I am - As I expected, that live rip made the it sound richer and more alive, because the studio version it's just another cute, safe song in her discography.

Overall, it's an OK album, at first listen I thought it was gonna be better than sixxxxxx, but they're actually on the same level. It's very disappointing after 2 years of wait.

Last edited by RealLight; 5th August 2018 at 08:10 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 07:56 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Yes, definitely the way I am is the best out of the three new ones. words and watq , I think, are stronger then the three new songs
Old 5th August 2018, 07:59 PM
TO BE Initiate

W destroyed me

Old 5th August 2018, 08:06 PM
YOU Initiate

We are the QUEENS (4.5): I already loved it when it was first released. I like the musically rollercoster ride it is. The dramatically-epic-Game of Thrones-ish beginning, the "EDM explosion" when she start to sing and the mix of the two styles during the chorus. And again the birdge that mix the two styles like a duet starting with the "epic style" continuing wth the "EDM sound" and going back again until she goes back to the full fledged chorus. The strong lyrics is absolutely perfect with this music as well!

æternal (5.0): I think it's my favourite from this album. It's like a darker Summer Diary. Actually is not that sad... it's a mood in-between Shape of Love and Summer Diary. Probably because musically is closer to Summer Diary but the way she sings is so emotional that make the song closer to Shape of Love's tone. I love how she sings here, btw.

WORDS (4.0): A song that I loved, and still love, a lot. Probably if it was a new track it would be a little bit overshadowed by the rest, especially æternal that is on the same sound. Being released on its own made it memorable to me.

W (3.5): Well... probably "W" stands for Weird lol It's unexpected. It's like the funny, messy and weird sister of WARNING, but I prefer WARNING to it. There is a lot happening in not that much time. I feel like is not completely "flashed out". For me it needed to take its time to be more enjoyable. Probably the weaker from the album in my opinion, well for my tastes anyway. Being between WORDS and The way I am is not helping either.

The way I am (4.5): I love Ayu's power ballad. The perfect sequel to Anything for You and You are the only one. The lyrics is so close to my love situation right now that it would be impossible to me to not love this song now. Probably nothng original, but still listening to it is so touching.

Overall I still feel the album should had been a full album with at least 10 songs. This album is around 22 minutes long, but almost half of it (10:05 minutes) is stuff from last year. I don't know if TROUBLE alone is enough to fullfill an era in AYu's career and next year tour but, if I don't think about it, I really really like what I listened. I feel I will listen æternal A LOT, and The way I am will surely mark this period of my life.

Last edited by YuraiNamida; 5th August 2018 at 08:09 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 08:11 PM
Dolls Initiate

I dont like the fact that W have strong vocals and a freakishly good guitar rifs cause the whole song is such a mess which makes me enjoy this less. I love the lalala parts, but I am actually dissapointed.

It's kinda emotionless for me? Its all fun and games but it lacks of emotions (Microphone has it for example)

Last edited by pepper; 5th August 2018 at 08:14 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 08:37 PM
Who... Initiate

I really like We are the Queens, all though I wish it started around 00:55 into the song.
Æternal is fine for me. It's an alright song, but somewhat forgettable.
As for WORDS, it's just fine. Definitely not my favorite song, but I don't hate it either.
W is a hot rock-is mess, and I LOVE it!
I enjoy The way I am,it's a nice Ayu song, and that's all I need it to be.

いい音楽品質が欲しい。
Old 5th August 2018, 08:52 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I won't deny that I'm kind of let down with the lack of tracks on this. I suppose that's partially my fault for expecting a full album. Also having WORDS and We are the QUEENS on this mini album makes it less special considering it only has 5 tracks and those two were already released.

Oh well! I look forward to hearing the new tracks.

Last edited by DogboyShugo; 5th August 2018 at 09:04 PM.
Old 5th August 2018, 09:25 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^I say it again: don't listen to Singles in J-Pop. Everyone knows by now, they end up on an album.
Old 5th August 2018, 11:01 PM
End of the World Initiate

The album is up on Spotify
Closed Thread

Tags
the way i am, trouble, w (trouble), we are the queens, words, æternal