Tokyohive - Female Artist Talent Power Ranking 1st 1/2 Of 2021 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 16th April 2021, 09:40 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Tokyohive - Female Artist Talent Power Ranking 1st 1/2 Of 2021

Talent Power Ranking recently revealed their top 30 ranking for female artists for the first half of 2021. This ranking is the result of a survey done by Architect Co., Ltd., which measures “awareness” (knowing artist’s face and name) and “attractiveness” (wanting to see / listen / know more about them). This survey combines the data that was collected in November 2020 and February 2021. Architect Co., Ltd. surveyed 4,400 people ages 10 to 69, evenly distributed by age and gender.

Top 30 list

23.Hamasaki Ayumi : 21.0

https://www.tokyohive.com/article/20...t-half-of-2021

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 16th April 2021, 10:26 PM
ayu trance Initiate

It’s good !!! Ayu is not included in this ranking since years !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 17th April 2021, 01:26 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Its super sad that people who have not had a hit in over 10 years are more recognizable than ayu. However if she wants to make a comeback that might not be such a bad thing �� Very odd there is no Aimer nor Koda Kumi for that matter (BoA too).

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th April 2021, 02:00 AM
from your letter Initiate

^ I would have expected to see milet and Uru as well after the big year they had in 2020. Honestly just makes me question the validity of the chart in general given the limited size of the survey.
Old 17th April 2021, 02:48 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashen Twilight View Post
^ I would have expected to see milet and Uru as well after the big year they had in 2020. Honestly just makes me question the validity of the chart in general given the limited size of the survey.
Me too! milet and potentially Reol or Chanmina.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th April 2021, 04:17 AM
Two of us Initiate

I saw that this morning! It made me really happy. The wide range of idols made me happy, too; Matsuda Seiko and Matsutoya Yumi are still so loved. Ayu can be, too. <3

I'm not surprised at the lack of Koda Kumi or BoA, unfortunately. BoA's name is mud since the drug scandal, which is hideously unfair, but Japan is very strict about that sort of thing. And Koda Kumi just hasn't been in sight for a long time, though she's still making wonderful stuff for her fans.

As for Reol, she had a big year for her, but I never saw much about her in the news or on TV. Same with milet, which surprises me, because she had a number one album (then again, these days those sales don't mean much--idols keep getting the top spot, while almost no one but hardcore fans know anything about them). Whenever they do have articles online, there are never any comments--(to compare when there's an article about Ayu, there's dozen of comments at least, if not hundreds). The public overall doesn't know them and they're still pretty niche (which, again, surprises me with milet--maybe one particular subset really likes her, like women of a certain age?) Particularly if you're talking anyone over thirty or so, they wouldn't be known.

Last edited by MKAyu; 17th April 2021 at 04:27 AM.
Old 17th April 2021, 07:57 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Wait, BoA had a drug scandal?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 17th April 2021, 08:06 AM
SURREAL Initiate

^Yes but not exactly, she was carrying some sleeping pills from Japan and she (or her manager idk) didn't fill the application or something but tabloids reported it as a "drug scandal" lol
Old 17th April 2021, 07:06 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
^Yes but not exactly, she was carrying some sleeping pills from Japan and she (or her manager idk) didn't fill the application or something but tabloids reported it as a "drug scandal" lol
Which seems like no big deal to many countries, but in Japan, that's the end of your life. I remember some poor JET Program member back when I was working in Japan who got caught with unregistered pills he took for anxiety. He was booted from the country for life and the entire school was shamed to the nation. They were so enraged and humiliated that they had a campaign to destroy the next JET member who showed up, forcing her to resign from the bullying--telling her in front of students that they hoped she would die, that sort of thing--in just months. Or there was a new company member who showed up in Japan with pills that were legal in her country but not in Japan--not only was she booted from Japan for life, but she lost her job. in Japan, BoA's career is probably over. She hasn't so much as updated her Instagram since it happened.
Old 17th April 2021, 08:58 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Glad to see Ayu on the list!

————
Promotion in Japan has changed drastically in the past decade.

While it was common to have singers in ad campaigns for cosmetics, hair care, etc. in the past, it’s now largely done by models or talent. So facial recognition of singers is much harder to achieve. Plus, now there are barely any music tv shows. Magazines are also dropping in sales and disappearing, and are also utilizing models/talent more than anyone else. Before you were inundated with singers even if you weren’t particularly interested in them, so you ended up learning their faces anyway. Now unless you’re particularly curious, there’s less chance to know newer artists.

Personally I think this is why there’s been an increase in older celebrities becoming talent in recent years. It used to be considered like, pretty sad for celebs to become talent lol. But it’s probably far more lucrative than anything else now, since you could potentially become a regular and then get ad campaigns and kinda restart your career.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 17th April 2021 at 09:02 PM.
Old 18th April 2021, 04:36 PM
glitter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Glad to see Ayu on the list!

————
Promotion in Japan has changed drastically in the past decade.

While it was common to have singers in ad campaigns for cosmetics, hair care, etc. in the past, it’s now largely done by models or talent. So facial recognition of singers is much harder to achieve. Plus, now there are barely any music tv shows. Magazines are also dropping in sales and disappearing, and are also utilizing models/talent more than anyone else. Before you were inundated with singers even if you weren’t particularly interested in them, so you ended up learning their faces anyway. Now unless you’re particularly curious, there’s less chance to know newer artists.

Personally I think this is why there’s been an increase in older celebrities becoming talent in recent years. It used to be considered like, pretty sad for celebs to become talent lol. But it’s probably far more lucrative than anything else now, since you could potentially become a regular and then get ad campaigns and kinda restart your career.
This sounds so interesting! What do you mean by talent? what's the definition?
Old 18th April 2021, 05:44 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

^ I think tokyoxjapanxfan meant is talento which misono has now venture into & she's now more successful than her short lived solo music career

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 18th April 2021, 06:48 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Yes “talento”, or basically variety TV regulars. Sometimes they’re just a pretty face, sometimes they lean more comedic, sometimes their “thing” is just being rich/flashy, but essentially just commentators. But because prime time Japanese TV is almost all variety programs, it’s impossible to escape them lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 18th April 2021, 07:38 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKAyu View Post
Which seems like no big deal to many countries, but in Japan, that's the end of your life. I remember some poor JET Program member back when I was working in Japan who got caught with unregistered pills he took for anxiety. He was booted from the country for life and the entire school was shamed to the nation. They were so enraged and humiliated that they had a campaign to destroy the next JET member who showed up, forcing her to resign from the bullying--telling her in front of students that they hoped she would die, that sort of thing--in just months. Or there was a new company member who showed up in Japan with pills that were legal in her country but not in Japan--not only was she booted from Japan for life, but she lost her job. in Japan, BoA's career is probably over. She hasn't so much as updated her Instagram since it happened.
Sorry dude, but you’ve got it all wrong. It was Japanese prescribed pills taken to Korea -> https://www.koreabiomed.com/news/art...tml?idxno=9965.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 19th April 2021, 01:28 PM
TO BE Initiate

I have no idea what this list is about, but I’m glad she’s there. I have only heard of 6 people on this list, including Ayu.
Old 22nd April 2021, 04:07 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Sorry dude, but you’ve got it all wrong. It was Japanese prescribed pills taken to Korea -> https://www.koreabiomed.com/news/art...tml?idxno=9965.
So I do! Thanks, my bad. Hopefully Korea is more lax than Japan is, maybe she can get her name back there.