Studies & Articles on Ayu - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 20th October 2023, 04:11 PM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

Studies & Articles on Ayu

Hi friends! I need your help!

I'm in the MA program Japanese and Asian Culture here in Japan. I'm trying to decide about what my thesis/research topic will be on and I consider Ayu too but I need ideas about what kind of thesis can I write on her so I need suggestions. Also I would appreciate if you can send me all English articles you can send me on Ayu.
Old 21st October 2023, 06:41 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

i think you could try searching japanese websites, with chapgpt/microsoft edge browser translation tools now it's way easier

also, i think id go for depicting her lyric writing and how she used it to connect with her audience, the same thing happened to taylor
Old 22nd October 2023, 01:08 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
i think you could try searching japanese websites, with chapgpt/microsoft edge browser translation tools now it's way easier
Be careful. ChatGPT famously "hallucinates" (re: lies) whenever you ask anything it can't answer. Even worse, it and the translation tools are eating their own tails--absorbing bad data so that some translations are getting worse than before, instead of better.
Old 22nd October 2023, 04:49 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calaeron View Post
Hi friends! I need your help!

I'm in the MA program Japanese and Asian Culture here in Japan. I'm trying to decide about what my thesis/research topic will be on and I consider Ayu too but I need ideas about what kind of thesis can I write on her so I need suggestions. Also I would appreciate if you can send me all English articles you can send me on Ayu.
https://scholar.google.com.br/schola...asaki%22&btnG=

@Summerain's undergraduate thesis was about jpop in general and talked a lot about Ayu, but it's in Portuguese.

One thing that may be hard, but that would be interesting as hell to write about is an analysis of Ayu's influence in current jpop stars. Chanmina for example is big right now and a lot of her stuff has a clear strong Ayu influence.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 22nd October 2023 at 04:53 AM.