Online Shopping Help Thread #2 - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 18th April 2012, 01:59 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyusakiFan View Post
If you purchase an item from CDJapan using Paypal prior to a shipping cost change, will they still try to charge you the difference?
I don't think so , I remembered when Kuroki Meisa released MAGAZINE last year , CDJapan wasn't able to confirm the actual weight of both CD + DVD's til much later on

I remembered for those that paid for the album using PayPal , they were not charged extra with regards to the revised upwards shipping cost for MAGAZINE but for those that paid using credit card , they had to pay extra for the extra shipping charges

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 18th April 2012, 05:45 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

they used not to ask you to pay anything else extra, but they changed their policy around the end of 2011, now they'll send you an email asking what you want to do about it, and ask you to pay the missing amount.. :/
At least, that's what happened to me and a friend of mine not so long ago.

you may still want to try your luck there! who knows

KUMONOITO.NETDEVIANTART.COMTWITTER

Old 18th April 2012, 09:42 PM
P.S II Initiate

^That happened to me too.

It was when I ordered SNSD's JP repackage album and concert DVD last December. Both turned out to be very heavy releases so they sent me an e-mail asking me if I wanted to cancel the order or pay the difference. I just paid the difference.
Old 19th April 2012, 02:35 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Thank you all for the information regarding how CDJ handles a change in shipping price. They have already increased the shipping price of the item by 200 yen for the method that I chose (I used the shipping charge calculator to see the change). I personally don't mind paying the difference but I wouldn't mind if they handled the orders like they did before and didn't charge the extra amount, lol.

Old 19th April 2012, 02:42 PM

I frankly can't remember the last time I order something from CDJapan as all this while , anything Japan press related , I always use HMV Japan as it's cheaper for me

I give CDJapan credit for having really good customer service but cost wise , you're paying more for shipping + they don't give generous discounts to customers unlike HMV Japan that does it extremely frequent

Most if not all the time , whatever I ordered from HMV Japan , the total cost I have to pay usually ends up to be less than what the actual cost of the product

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 19th April 2012, 11:39 PM
UNITE! Initiate

I agree with you about HMV sometimes being the cheaper option to buy products, especially if you buy CD+DVD editions of albums as well as purchasing multiple items in one order. Before I place an order, I always do price comparisons of products at CDJ, YA, HMV, and Amazon.jp. HMV and Amazon.jp tend to change the prices of their items during the preorder stages so I always like to keep my eyes on those sites every once in a while, moreso at HMV unless I want to buy something large (like Ayumi's limited edition albums) where I'll focus more on Amazon.jp. For the order I inquired about, HMV is actually the cheaper option out of pocket, but in the long run, I'll save more at CDJapan since this order will earn me 490 points. I wish HMV didn't eliminate their points program with international buyers (I believe you have to have the order sent to a Japanese address to earn points now).

Old 20th April 2012, 12:01 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Really? HMV ended their point program for int'l buyers?
Old 20th April 2012, 12:15 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuuk View Post
^Really? HMV ended their point program for int'l buyers?
Unfortunately, they have ended their points program for international buyers. The only way an international buyer can earn points is to ship their order to a Japanese address and link it with a Ponta card. Orders shipped directly from HMV to an international address are ineligible to participate in the program.

Old 20th April 2012, 12:41 AM

yeah HMV Japan ended their points system sometime back but for me , it's not a very big issue

I don't often buy Japan press when comes to supporting my fave jpop artistes aside from BREAKERZ xD since I'm quite broke & heavily rely on OS presses

As long as they don't stop giving generous discounts to their online customers , I'm all good xD

Old 20th April 2012, 02:38 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

actually,they gave you a 'voucher' instead of points
https://www.hmv.co.jp/members/voucher/voucherInfo.asp

you can redeem the vouchers by choosing 'Gift Voucher & Credit Card' at the 'select payment method' page

Old 20th April 2012, 04:08 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post

you can redeem the vouchers by choosing 'Gift Voucher & Credit Card' at the 'select payment method' page
Thank you so much for letting us know about the vouchers! I actually had 100 yen in vouchers and they allowed me to put them towards a preorder that I placed earlier this month. The item is going to be released in less than a week so I'm so happy that you mentioned this as I was able to apply it to the order prior to it shipping. From now on, I'll use my vouchers when I initially place my order but it's good to know that you can use them even after you place an order as long as it's not in the process of being shipped!

Old 20th April 2012, 05:20 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:

Thanks a lot! I didn't know!
Old 20th April 2012, 06:15 AM

Quote:

wow I had no idea about this & when I clicked on it , I have 7 vouchers that HMV Japan issued which I didn't know they gave me until now =_=

awesome , now I know what I'm going to do with them

Last edited by KarenPang; 20th April 2012 at 06:18 AM.
Old 20th April 2012, 01:58 PM
UNITE! Initiate

CDJapan sent me an email this morning regarding a reduction in the price of an item I preordered. Since I paid for the item with paypal, they credited the difference to my frequent shopper points account. I didn't know they did this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
wow I had no idea about this & when I clicked on it , I have 7 vouchers that HMV Japan issued which I didn't know they gave me until now =_=

awesome , now I know what I'm going to do with them
I know what you're going to do with them as well, lol. It's great timing since BREAKERZ new single just became available for preorder recently, lol.

Old 29th April 2012, 04:48 AM
SCAR Initiate

Hoping someone can help me out with Yahoo! Auctions.

I'm interested in bidding for some ayu tickets through a shopping service. These tickets are the ones I'm looking at - http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m95815594

Just wanted to check the bid price here is the total for 2 tickets seated together? Seems a bit unbelievable that arena floor seats are going for so cheap.
Old 30th April 2012, 02:04 PM
BALLAD Initiate

The price is for one ticket. If you want 2, you will have to let the seller know and pay for the 2nd ticket.

My Instagram

Old 4th May 2012, 03:05 AM
P.S II Initiate

Does anyone know how "buy-it-now" works on Yahoo! Auctions JP and if you can still do it through Noppin?

I'm trying to get some complete sets of Nogizaka46 singles through buy-it-now but when I put in the asking amount on Noppin, it looks like I'm just bidding on the auction instead of buying it outright.

Noppin reports that I won the auctions but the listings look like they're still active. So what's going on?

Is it something to do with Golden Week? Or do listings have to run for the whole amount of time they're scheduled for on Y!AJ regardless if someone uses buy-it-now? I don't seem to remember that being the case before...

Oh, and on one auction that seemed to have only a buy-it-now option, I put in the requested amount and showed up in the bidders list but the auction looks like it's still going on - and even weirder, someone else bid after me, and also shows up in the bidders list, but the auction still hasn't ended nor has the bid amount increased.
Old 4th May 2012, 06:48 AM
Connected Initiate

It shd work. Are you sure there's only 1 copy of the item? Try lookin @ the original YAJ auction and see the bidders and you shd be able to see your bid.

Old 5th May 2012, 04:27 AM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinix View Post
It shd work. Are you sure there's only 1 copy of the item? Try lookin @ the original YAJ auction and see the bidders and you shd be able to see your bid.
^I think this is the case for the "Oide Shampoo" auction (http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b134795051). I didn't notice it before but it says "個数: 7" in the details so I guess there must be 7 of them available. ^_^;;

But for the "Guru Guru Curtain" auction (http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n111942066), it looks like it ended as scheduled with only one bid (mine) for 1500 JPY. Yet, Noppin just sent me an invoice that says the winning amount was 1600 JPY. :/

I already sent them a message through their contact board asking if the amount is correct, and if it is, why the auction didn't end right away. Also, I asked if buy-it-now is supposed to work through their system.
Old 5th May 2012, 08:56 AM
Connected Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRSTKLAS View Post
^I think this is the case for the "Oide Shampoo" auction (http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b134795051). I didn't notice it before but it says "個数: 7" in the details so I guess there must be 7 of them available. ^_^;;

But for the "Guru Guru Curtain" auction (http://page11.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/n111942066), it looks like it ended as scheduled with only one bid (mine) for 1500 JPY. Yet, Noppin just sent me an invoice that says the winning amount was 1600 JPY. :/

I already sent them a message through their contact board asking if the amount is correct, and if it is, why the auction didn't end right away. Also, I asked if buy-it-now is supposed to work through their system.
yeapz its bcos of the quantity for both cases. if you see the bidding for the 2nd case, u will see that u have actually bidded ¥1600 which is the buy it now price. and thus, noppin charges u ¥1600 whereas if u bidded ¥1500, only the it will show ¥1500. the reason why the auction shows ¥1500 is bcos there is 2 quantity. if another user were to bid, he could have won for ¥1500.

oot... is their singles really that cheap in retail price? ¥1500 for 4 disc o.O?""

Tags
cdjapan, hmv, yesasia