Posting Games Forum - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 27th August 2007, 06:02 AM
Banned

But you have to go through to much to meet ppl. AHS is sooo much better and friendlier!!!
Old 27th August 2007, 06:07 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
^Well, just follow the rules. It takes time to meet and make friends on here. You dont need to reply to every post to do that. If you're looking for people to talk to, maybe PM someone who looks interesting and add them to you msn. Our server crashed a couple days ago. We're serious about being overloaded.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 27th August 2007, 06:15 AM
Banned

Yea....I got ya message! Oh, there goes my record! lol (j/k)
Old 29th August 2007, 01:06 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

have u ever thought of removing the member's pics threads? there are so many of these threads and the pics uploaded are the real cause of the server being so slow. we have tonnes of people postng pics of themselves.... like every other day?

do we really need this? why dont u say if those pple wanna post their pics online, they can use mySpace or jus send it thru PM or MSN to only to those who wanna see their pics. and not publish it on the net, with majority of the posts being "Oh you are cute!" or "i love your hair!!!!!!"

redundant.
Old 29th August 2007, 03:52 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
I think the member's pics threads contribute to the forum, personally. And plus, if we didn't have it, there would be a lot of separate threads made for people to show pictures of themselves, and this localizes it. Perhaps the specialized thread saves space? It's not like we dont want people to post pictures of themselves. It shows other members what they look like. A posting games forum, on the other hand, is quite a bit more spammy...

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 30th August 2007, 04:27 AM
Who... Initiate

I mean not to be rude but is there anything you can do? To stop the server from just crashing. This site goes extrememly slow for me (not to mention the fact that it is going even slower thanks to a storm outside) and sometimes that can result in issues, especially on forums. When I try to post on slow forums, I might hit a key that posts the reply, but instead of just posting, it takes a long time and while I am writing it will post everything I write in different posts while I haven't noticed it. I won't notice it until I finally press the Reply key and then I will see dozens of my posts, and my computer will go so slow that other people have time to even respond to my posts thinking I am spamming or I'm crazy. This has happened once on this forum and another. I will try to delete them, but because this internet is so slow and mixed in with the slow site it may take many minutes or longer before I can delete them all. This happened on a thread about using Kanji characters for an iPod or mp3.
Old 30th August 2007, 04:45 AM
winding road Initiate

oh, so THAT's what happened to you...

yea, i really think that it might be because alot of people are on at the same time...at least, that's what people told me when i asked about this problem.
Old 30th August 2007, 05:09 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think people being on AHS is causing the slow server problems.

It's probably something a bit more complicated than that.
Old 30th August 2007, 06:20 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sora2522 View Post
oh, so THAT's what happened to you...

Yup. That was it. I don't even know if I deleted them all. I tried to but the internet was so slow I just quit, and also the page just kept going blank. I was hoping I could do it before anyone else saw. LOL
Old 30th August 2007, 07:05 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corybobory View Post
I think the member's pics threads contribute to the forum, personally. And plus, if we didn't have it, there would be a lot of separate threads made for people to show pictures of themselves, and this localizes it. Perhaps the specialized thread saves space? It's not like we dont want people to post pictures of themselves. It shows other members what they look like. A posting games forum, on the other hand, is quite a bit more spammy...
the people who always post their pics are the same old people!! its jus a thread for pple to admire the members of this thread. does it serves any purpose? its jus slightly less spammy than posting game forums.

and for god's sake. if u forbid us to post at the posting games forum, please remove it entirely! this will stop any new members from wondering why we cant post in an existing forum.
Old 30th August 2007, 07:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
the people who always post their pics are the same old people!! its jus a thread for pple to admire the members of this thread. does it serves any purpose? its jus slightly less spammy than posting game forums.

and for god's sake. if u forbid us to post at the posting games forum, please remove it entirely! this will stop any new members from wondering why we cant post in an existing forum.
Ugh, I know! When I first joined I was CONFUSED! They have the section yet u can't post in it?!? Then what's the point of having it there if u can't post in it!
Old 30th August 2007, 07:28 AM
Who... Initiate

Yeah. And most of the time I can't even see the pics. Just people chatting and 10 million compliments but I've only seen pics of a few people. Maybe you can have it for pictures only but people can't post. Only go there to see pics.
Old 1st September 2007, 06:06 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

and most of the time i will go "yeah. u are very pretty. but i have seen enough of you". and this keeps going on and on. "wow! i love your hair!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 1st September 2007, 06:38 AM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
yeah. u are very pretty. but i have seen enough of you"
LMAO! And also, most of the time it seems they don't even talk about the pictures. It just goes into some big chat thread.
Old 1st September 2007, 07:04 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Ai View Post
LMAO! And also, most of the time it seems they don't even talk about the pictures. It just goes into some big chat thread.
well, it is the chat room! I so just get rid of ALL of those old threads like those requests threads, etc. I don't think posting a few pics can harm the server but if that was the case...they should delete some of those fanart threads too!
Old 1st September 2007, 07:28 AM
Who... Initiate

A few pics? That's a pretty big thread and Some of those are huge and take a long time to load for me, and especially due to the fact that some people quote that pictures so I have to wait for the quoted pics and the orginal pics to load. And it's not really a chat thread per se, just to post pictures of people.
Old 2nd September 2007, 03:48 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

yeah. i think the mods shld really consider what kind of threads to limit and what kind of threads shld be BANNED.