Mod? how? how?? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 5th June 2003, 07:41 AM
-BOKU-

Question Mod? how? how??

how do u even become nominated to be a mod?.. not that i plan on becoming one then one day ruling teh forums then eventually teh world... just curiouse heh....
Old 5th June 2003, 07:58 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

they will be mod election periodically, at that time all initiates would be asked to nominate a candidate and eventually everyone would vote on it...

u can check out the ahs rules and guidelines for more info!

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 5th June 2003, 08:00 AM
Initiate

yea before you came there was a mod event... i was like 100 posts so it was ages ago lol like april ish..anyways mimika, impact breaker biscuit girl and edenzone are mods they r the newest ones..

All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be
And that's wonderful, and that's life
And that's you, baby
This is me, baby
And we are, we are, we are, we are
Free
In our love
We are free in our love...

Nelly Furtado ~~ TRY

Old 5th June 2003, 08:12 AM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

here is an extract from the rules and guidelines:

Rules of selecting a new mod are simple: An admin will propose and waits for approval from other admins/mods. They will select a few candidates and propose a poll thread to let the rest of the members for a vote. The highest and the second highest vote will be granted the moderation at once.

To become an admin, one must be a moderator with sufficient moderation experience, while only admins have the final say with the new admin selection.

An Admin/Mod can choose to quit his/her post at anytime as long as he/she has given a convincing reason why he/she wanted to quit.

An admin can choose to revoke a modˇ¦s power if he/she proves that the mod itself does not carry out his/her duties fully.

A good mod does not mean that he/she must come to the forum everyday. All we want was a responsible and warm mod that is trustable while doing his/her job nicely.

see here for more details: http://www.ahsforum.org/forum/showth...1179#post81179

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 5th June 2003, 05:51 PM
independent+ Advisor

When we felt like we needed to add new mods to the staff, we opened a topic for public nominations where anyone could nominate anyone. Then the staff took that big list of nominees, interviewed them, and then determined a list of final 4. Then through a series of public polls (hahahaha, got a little crazy) we added the mods. We've got a pretty big staff now, so I don't think we'll be adding more people for a while though.
Old 5th June 2003, 06:00 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Re: Mod? how? how??

Quote:
Originally posted by Boku Ai Ayumi
how do u even become nominated to be a mod?.. not that i plan on becoming one then one day ruling teh forums then eventually teh world... just curiouse heh....
suree... lol
Old 6th June 2003, 01:37 AM
-BOKU-

mimika and rainbow: hahaha ooo okay! thanx for the!! *jots that down*

Grantith: yeah i looked ath the results.. lolol what were eth chances.. wasnt they all tied?

pSyko_mEi_ xD: what what dont u belive me lol? im a good boy i could never possibly rule teh world..alone
Old 14th June 2003, 02:16 PM
Evolution Xavier

The last mod event was indeed messy, but eventually we still have our way in the end

To be a mod, you must wiling to sacrifice your time and energy, sometimes even money just to preserve the forum. That's the thing we do.

And next, you must have the heart to "do it". I think I made the right choice when I decided to let the forum go democracy instead of hierarchy when zef left us in the first place. But then, you do make mistakes. Just try to minimize it, learn from it and you should be OK.

Admins and mods are humans too. There's nothing great or mighty about their either. So if you REALLY wanna be a mod or even an admin. Think again.

So read until here you might ask, "hey Isaac, so whatd'ya got in the end?" I can answer you, "A lot!"

Because I got to know you lot in this forum, found a way to prove my love towards ayumi, and you will really feel great when you see the small forum 5 years ago turned into a thousand-population virtual community now. You felt that you're really doing something in your life. That's what I think I've gained. It realy can't be bought by money.

Old 14th June 2003, 04:10 PM
Banned

Amazing how searching for Ayu on Yahoo can lead you to a forum where you'd meet hundreds of other fans like yourself... even now, I'm wondering how that works; how people with all sorts of backgrounds, countries, etc. can be united by one thing: Ayu. When I was once the staff here, it seemed like I was, in a sense, "untouchable". That didn't mean I was all powerful or couldn't make a mistake.. haha... but what I mean is.... things look different to you when you're given a set of new responsibilities, and people look up to you like you're their older brother or something. The goal, tho, is to never let your "little brother" down, no matter what. Some of you here may think "I wanna me a mod!" or something, whether it's for the title or the recognition, but you don't need any of that to feel important here. People do make mistakes at times, but the best thing is to get up, dust yourself off, and keep going, no matter what happens. Only then, when you're sure that you can handle the job, sure that you can help others in the best possible way you can, sure that you'd do almost anything to help others, even if it means your own title, ... that is how you know you'll be an excellent candidate for being a mod!