AHS is temporarily unavailable - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 1st March 2009, 11:45 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
it's not that hard to make this site faster and crash less.
a. delete about half of the inactive users (if there are any) [leechers, people who haven't logged in in a few months-half a year, people that rarely ever post, etc.]
b. delete about half the site's archives, [I'm sure no one is going to miss having 100+s of threads deleted that haven't been visited since 2002 and waste space at the back of the site. ]
you'd actually be surprised.

A while back, the server crashed at some point, and I remember we lost quite a lot of data.

The other day I was looking for an old thread for a friend of mine...and I'm like...okay it's not there, and he was like so angry because to him they need to keep it for "records" or something LoL

to him all it is, is text...I tried to tell him it was a bit more complicated...but to him they need to keep all those files lol.

I do think we should maybe....get rid of the people who have never posted...but...I don't remember if they didn't want to do that or not.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 2nd March 2009, 06:10 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Its just the life of a forum. You'll have some that will actively participate, post and socialize in threads and you'll have others who just sign up for the downloads benefits. That is probably why they don't do that idea.

And I believe they mentioned the problem is mainly when they are experiencing heavy traffic and too many users online at once crashes it.
Old 2nd March 2009, 08:14 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Well March is here and I'm expecting nothing less than Armageddon. This site is going to get raped. I'm sorry.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 2nd March 2009, 05:14 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I wonder if the "too many members online at once" thing is the main reason for the site crashing.

If its true, it feels so much better knowing that these members have such intellectual vocabulary.
Old 2nd March 2009, 06:14 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I wanna donate some money for AHS.. But... I have no money left in my pocket.(= =!)

Thanks Raiu-Ayu for the set.
Tee-mi-x Beautiful LJs Alan XVII Summer Plannings Tee-mixshow

Old 4th March 2009, 09:28 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
I was told deleting inactive users wouldn't make much of a difference.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 4th March 2009, 07:49 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfebaggins View Post
Perhaps you can try to pitch the idea of a Paypal donation system since you need a valid bank account or credit card, and you need to be atleast 18 to set one up under your name. Youths can still have a bank account under a parents name, but most parents don't trust their kids enough to set one up before their 18 anyway .
I don't know how the laws in america are, but in germany you can have your own bank account(on your own name) at every age, I got mine with 11. So that really doesn't work xD Maybe for some parts of the world(are bank accounts for under-18-years-olds really forbidden in america?), but not worldwide.
Well, I'm 14, have a Paypal and WOULD donate something(like 3-5 dollars) <- The last line was only to show, that youths are willing to give some money, too, if it helps, because this problem really get on my nerves!

and deleting old threads would be horrible! I just looked through all 58 pages of downloads today, to see, if i missed something
Old 4th March 2009, 08:08 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
are bank accounts for under-18-years-olds really forbidden in america?
No its not forbidden, it depends on the laws of each state, but most (not all) state laws require to be atleast 18 or if you are under 18, need to sign with a parent. Some banks allow all ages too, so if you live in the right state and have the right bank, you can have your own bank account under the age. You have to be 18 though for credit card.

It is probably more lenient in Germany because German kids are not as irresponsible as American kids
Old 4th March 2009, 09:12 PM

Laws are a lot more lenient in europe for a lot of things.

Banks here are not willing to take any risks at all...so yeah, depends on the state, depends on the bank you sign with. Of course the banks' rules won't overrule the state laws lol

So anyway...I would still like to know how much a server upgrade would cost.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 5th March 2009, 05:47 AM
Far away Initiate

yeah it's irritating!!!!!
Old 5th March 2009, 10:10 AM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
I have no idea, emiko. It's the business of the administrator and they have expressed that they would like to keep it their own business. That means we just have to smile and accept it and enjoy the use of this site.

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com

Old 5th March 2009, 08:24 PM

As usual

I wouldn't expect them to come out and say it...or to say it to any one else.

However, with certain events happening in other places...and things happening with Ayu, we can only expect the forum to get bigger, and the problem will not go away.

As long as she's aware.

But whatever, AHS isn't going anywhere...and no matter how much the forum changes with it's members, it never really changes, does it. Perhaps that's why it's still here.

Well...good luck to everyone with the messages.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

Old 8th March 2009, 06:36 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I'm seriously glad it's not just me who gets this BS when they come here. Every time I come to this site, I get the initial hit, then what can be a half hour to forever of "Unavailable". I've been a member for years and this has never been an issue before.
Old 10th March 2009, 07:11 AM
SCAR Initiate

i haven't been getting it lately....is the problem permanently fixed?
Old 11th March 2009, 01:54 AM
Banned

It must be difficult to maintain such a forum; so it's only logical. funny thing though; I KEEP reading: AHS is temporarily unbelievable somehow
Old 11th March 2009, 04:04 AM
count down Initiate

For the past 2 days, I've noticed that members online are about 80-90 throughout the day = smooth traffic!

But the moment the NEXT LEVEL tracks are revealed as ringtones and have the interludes revealed blah blah, the members spring up to 130+ in peak time...

It's like some members have a weird 6th sense that goes

"OMG NEW AYU STUFF IN NEWS SECTION!!!"

And they come online.

HAHAHA.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 12th March 2009, 05:45 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
As usual

I wouldn't expect them to come out and say it...or to say it to any one else.

However, with certain events happening in other places...and things happening with Ayu, we can only expect the forum to get bigger, and the problem will not go away.

As long as she's aware.

But whatever, AHS isn't going anywhere...and no matter how much the forum changes with it's members, it never really changes, does it. Perhaps that's why it's still here.

Well...good luck to everyone with the messages.
Ah well, it was worth a shot for us trying to pitch the idea for member contributions.

I do appreciate the admin's generosity in keeping the site as their own responsibilities.

I guess all we can do to help contribute is remembering to make our orders through the forum for webgains. Probably doesn't add up to much, but whatever we can do to help.

Is the CDJapan webgain link broken though? I don't see the webgain tracker like I do with Yesasia
Old 15th March 2009, 12:05 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Oh so thats why... And nothing to do... Thats a bit sad. That message hits me everyday. I get it more often then I get logged in to AHS. And if I get logged in I often just get to read one page and then it gets unavaible again. Its hard to even post these days. It just gets worse and worse for everyday it seemes.

But maybe that just my bad luck. >.< But if there is nothing to do, i accept it, I will try to enjoy AHS just like before.

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 17th March 2009, 06:59 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i think it would be nice if you upgrate for 300 or 400 people allow to access the website in one time . why not make a donation system ? im sure user will be glad to help the staff.

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 22nd March 2009, 02:14 AM
Liar Initiate

I only get this error like once every....5 minutes...seriously whats going on...