AHS is temporarily unavailable - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 4th January 2009, 02:45 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

It's definitely helping that there aren't so many guests.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 4th January 2009, 03:29 AM
xLitax

^ It really is. The amount of users online is now 100 or less for the time being.
Old 4th January 2009, 04:59 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

thanks a lot for doing that .its still continue though.its still hard to acess to it . have you think to host it on a bigger server for 300 to 500 people ? maybe you can do a donation system so we can help you with the server .

i agree with people that poeple that register and have zero post shoud be deleted.

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 4th January 2009, 06:08 AM
appears Initiate

Okay I'm not saying I'm happy but at least I'm not the only one >.< LOL I thought I did something wrong and only I couldn't get on T_T
Old 4th January 2009, 06:23 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

so did i untill i found the explaination here

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 4th January 2009, 07:34 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

the past few days was very bad & initally I thought my internet was acting up again .

So far today nothing wrong has happened ... yet

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 4th January 2009, 07:55 AM
Startin' Protector

There's a problem with deleting users that have no posts...many people lurk here and never post. That's their perogative, but we don't have a rule about it and I don't really think we should. I lurk myself at many other forums and don't intend on posting. I really don't know how well just deleting users will do anyway.

I'm not in charge of what happens with the server...so we'll have to wait for a report from skal first before knowing anything about that.
Old 4th January 2009, 03:26 PM
Replace Initiate

The problem is that the server is totally fine for less than about 120 people, and 90% of the time, that's how many people are logged onto AHS... if they upgraded the server to handle 150+ people all the time, that'd be money that's basically wasted 90% of the time. When ayu gets busy, we just have to tough it out & deal with it until things calm down *shrug*
Old 4th January 2009, 08:27 PM
Initiate

I thought that maybe AHS had some problems...
Old 4th January 2009, 08:29 PM
Sexy little things Protector

Hm...I don't know. I've been getting the error message with as little as 43 people online. O_o Something definitely blew a fuse in the system.
Old 4th January 2009, 09:24 PM
Replace Initiate

Yeah, I thought it was gone there for awhile, but it's back o_o This morning I had hardly any troubles but after a few hours, the messages came right back.

I ultimately gave up posting the TA messages here cuz every time I tried, I got the "unavailable" error again x_x I see someone else has done it though, so. That's good.
Old 4th January 2009, 10:58 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

what if its just ahs getting more active people . not only because ayu is more active but simply because people like this forum ? i dont think an upgate would be a waste if its the case . plus she is coming back with a new song , new song means new single wich means new live and promotion and surely a new album . ayu have always been busy so the system might go down more and more often...

Old 5th January 2009, 01:12 AM
SCAR Initiate

It's much better today, I haven't got any errors at all so far.
Old 5th January 2009, 01:28 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
The problem is that the server is totally fine for less than about 120 people, and 90% of the time, that's how many people are logged onto AHS... if they upgraded the server to handle 150+ people all the time, that'd be money that's basically wasted 90% of the time. When ayu gets busy, we just have to tough it out & deal with it until things calm down *shrug*
how much more munny wasted are we talking about?

does anyone know?

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 5th January 2009, 04:12 AM
Because of You Initiate

I'm still getting them all the time. Regardless of the circumstances, it's very irritating.

Old 5th January 2009, 04:25 AM
BALLAD Initiate

does anyone realise that ahs always have problem with ayu's new release?

or when download are available? i'm predicting this time it could be due to her PCDL concert.

as for downloading, i find it ridicuolous that there are 196 replies but with like 5000+ views. leachers.....is there a way to prevent them?
like ayuchina, has a 'hide' function, so you can only see the download link after replying, or even limiting new users.

My Instagram

Old 5th January 2009, 04:43 AM
Replace Initiate

Hiding downloads until you reply does nothing more than create a whole mess of "thank you" spam. Better to have leechers than that, honestly. Leechers suck and everything, but if you put a download up, people are gonna leech... if you don't want that to happen, don't upload anything. You can't force non-conversational people to post at a forum. *shrug*
Old 5th January 2009, 05:29 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

hmm what about setting a limit that you have to post at least 50 times before you can enter the download threads?
Old 5th January 2009, 06:38 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy408 View Post
hmm what about setting a limit that you have to post at least 50 times before you can enter the download threads?
That's not a bad idea. I've seen other boards that have that policy. I'm sick of the users that actually post here having to suffer because people just come here to dowload stuff.

Old 5th January 2009, 06:52 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy408 View Post
Hm, personally, I don't know if I would agree with doing that. In theory, it makes perfect sense; but I think there are circumstances that make that unfair (in a way, so to speak).

For example, when I first became a member, I only used the news and downloads section; and sometimes I said thanks for the download. I had never been on a board before, and didn't like participating. I was a new fan, and only joined because it was the only place that I knew of at the time where I could find her music and information about her. I had no desire to talk about her yet, because I didn't know if I liked her enough or not.

I guess, in a nutshell: if you're a new fan, you might just want to try her music, not discuss. That's rather discouraging and might actually push you away from becoming an Ayu fan if you can't find a place to try out her music.

I guess that's just one flaw that I can see with making a posting limit before being able to download. As to what else to do, I'm still at a loss. :/