Lady Dynamite PV -my thoughts- - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 1st June 2010, 11:33 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Lady Dynamite PV -my thoughts-

Quote:
sugarbasil:

However, since everyone is so interested and since it's a really good topic, why doesn't someone just make a thread about their thoughts on the Lady Dynamite PV?
You know what? I'll do just that.

As most of you know, Lady Dynamite is a serious "love or hate" type of pv. It features ayu dancing around in a gay club (not mentioned, just assumed) having a good old time with her overly sexified and very hot (especially maro) backup dancers in bondage outfits (which btw has been done tons of times by her). Other parts are flashed through out the video such as the bathroom scene (not even 3 seconds long) and various drag queens having a good old time.

For me, this video is amazing. Instead of focusing on a sexy ayu like rule or sparkle, it pays more attention it seems to the people around her. This is not her first time shooting a pv in a club. She has also done various parts in Fly High, greatful days, 1 love, and green (more of a dinner theater but w/e) This is also by no means her first attempt at anything sexy. From her bondaged, gas masked, latex friends dancing around in Sparkle, to herself strutting around a pole as a prostitute in 1 LOVE, to her in her bare lingerie in scenes throughout Mirrorcle World; Lady Dynamite really is anything but shocking, vulgar, or taboo. Considering we do not live in a perfect world, many would agree that this video is offending, crude, stereotypical, and wrong. However, if you don't look too deep into it, it is simply ayu having a really fun time dancing around with her friends in a gay club. This is by far one of my favorite videos and I give props to ayu for acknowledging a different crowd other than those who are straight, or those who are in team ayu. >> Her backup dancers aren't even that new considering the bondage stuff has been done before in her concerts like taskinst, GAME, and my name's WOMEN.

I think if anything, it is completely ludicrous to take this pv any more seriously than you'd take any other of her videos that are meant to be fun, and care free. Although some will completely acknowledge this as one of her worst pvs of all time, I find reasons to support the reasons behind their thesis considering the whole club, bondage, sex, gayness has been done before. This time it is just brought to us all at once.

Anyone care to comment?

Last edited by Picaflor 7/4; 1st June 2010 at 11:40 PM.
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:01 AM
Liar Initiate

I admit I was a bit shocked when I first saw it but mainly cause it was so wild. I just can't get over that part where she is riding that one guy
I think Ayu looks like she is having a good time anyways. And it's not like it was all Ayu who created it, obviously Kazuyoshi's influence is the main part of this PV. XD And we already know he touched on this sort of stuff in the GREEN PV, so really it wasn't so out from what she has done previously.
Though for me I'd rather watch GREEN XD
One thing I love about LD PV is the colours!! Everything is so vibrant! And Ayu looks hot!! XD

FlavorsCD CollectionNana Mizuki Forum
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:02 AM
I am... Initiate

I know a lot of people have said that the PV is just about people dancing and having fun etc. but I think the PV does have a link to the song. We all know ayu does nothing by accident and as the PV is so visual, exaggerated and in your face, I think it does tie to the lyrics of Lady Dynamite, particularly:

I've noticed since a while ago
That you are of a dominative and possessive nature

and

Because your heroic story is
Filled with exaggerations
And no more in the original shape
Isn't it ?

The PV, I think, is a visual expression of what ayu is saying, ie; people standing out by dressing up in crazy outfits (drag queens & leather outfits) and doing outrageous things (looking at each other in the bathrooms). The fact that it is featured in a gay club I think its just ayu's way of being fun and acknowledging her love of gay culture.

As far as shocking goes, umm have people not seen other Japanese music?? Koda Kumi kissing female dancers in BUT, fan-service provided from visual-kei groups and half-naked, under-age girls dancing around in most idol PVs?? By their standards, ayu is seriously a saint

ROCK'N'ROLL

rock chick

Old 2nd June 2010, 12:03 AM
No way to say Initiate

I agree (^_^) It's not my favorite PV, but I do really enjoy her "having fun" PVs
Old 2nd June 2010, 12:05 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

I don't see anything wrong with Lady Dynamite PV, seriously only a paranoic-homophobic would.
It's just a PV made for fun and I like it. Maybe people hate it because its meaningless omg Ayu PVs are the best cuz there are hidden meanings blabla but overall it's one of her best 'Meaningless PV ever' in my opinion
And she's quite ironic during the PV so that make me love it lol.

Old 2nd June 2010, 12:11 AM
Startin' Protector

I just love it because she's so fierce in it.
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:16 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

LOL there was nothing shocking about the PV imo. By the way some people voiced it, I thought I'd get something a little bolder like the TABOO PV where kuu rubs her face on the toilet floor and gets down dancing with the people inside bathroom cabinets XD I watched Lady Dynamite the first time this week, because of people make controversial drama over it..too deceiving that the drama was really not worth since there was nothing really surprising in the PV. ayu did nothing out of normal...for people who get shocked and think she's promoting a "certain style of life", well, she's just showing a club with people dancing. Like, for real, clubs are EVERYWHERE in the world, and like, it's legal and not unhealthy to dance at a club...people go there to dance (duh) and ayu just showed that. Doesn't matter if it's gay or straight. She showed most likely a gay club..but still a club. Just like she showed a 'possibly straight' club in Fly high, so if you were to get angry at her for promoting people dancing at clubs, people should have gotten deceived by her ages ago already

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd June 2010, 01:49 AM
glitter Initiate

I think there isn't much to say or think about this pv really.

uhmm... I really enjoy this pv, more than the song itself. It is a very fun pv overall! I like watching it before going clubbing xD (Which I don't do very often but still), or when I feel like going out.

About the homophobia thing, people that think or feel that way towards homosexuality are ALWAYS going to see that side of everything first; they will always pick on stuff that don't even refers to homosexuality.

I guess people think in different ways, they see things how they want to see them.

Either way, people seem to have false expectations. Like in ayumi's case, people never thought she was going to bring up the gay theme, and because she did so, people seem to be horrified and even stopped liking her.

Sadly I have to reveal that, homosexuality is just as normal as being imperfect human beings. If you are going to live your life judging others because of what they do with their lives in any aspect, if they dress differently, if they are gay and kissing in public, I guess you will never be happy.

Anyway, I like what this pv caused. For ayu I'm sure it wasn't more than just a silly but fun videoclip, but no, people just had to take it to a totally different level just because they see things with their own eyes; they see things how they feel like seeing them. Pretty selfish.

EDIT: And I'm looking forward more gay material from her in the future without a doubt.

Last edited by SURREAL__RAINBOW; 2nd June 2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 2nd June 2010, 01:57 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I seriously laughed my ass off the first time I saw that PV (maybe because it was meant to not be so serious)! I love it, though! I seriously thought it was better than the PV for Sparkle (because she crept me out in Sparkle's PV! O.o) In my honest words... IT WAS ADORABLE!!!! I mean... What did people expect ayu to do for this PV? Dance around on a beach with her male dancers????

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm

Last edited by YuriChan; 3rd June 2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:03 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I agree with most of what people are saying here. I liked the PV, it was just a lot of fun. The expectations that some fans have of ayu is kind of annoying. God forbid she have a PV that doesn't have some sort of deep meaning to it and was just meant for fun. It's not like people even have to like it, but the overreaction to stuff like this is just insane.
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:07 AM
forgiveness Initiate

I want to go to the club, it looks like fun.
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:16 AM
WE WISH Initiate

i kinda a agree with pretty much all that Picaflor said

u see. i see no issue. and i loved the bathroom scene because it reminded me of a scene in an An Cafe vid where the members did the exact same thing. so i developed the "oh thats cute" reaction. the drag queens are love in that video. they give it an awesomely lovely and fun vibe. ayu herself is fierce and funny in a way to match the lyrics.

the fact that some people dont like the gay theme is in part instances of homophobia. . .and people that want to say its controversial and overdramatize everything are people that want to say sparkle is waaaayy to sexual and is like the dirtiest video of 2009 . in seriousness i mean the same people who try to find something that ayu is doing "wrong" when truly ayu compared to so many artists does nothing so extremely "vulgur" like some people like to say. this video, awesome as it is, is subject to that.

eh. . i could go on and write an essay on this video, but i will spare this thread my extremities. ^__~

look at this sexy guy in my sig. he does fanservice all the time. no big deal right. its all fun!
|
|
V

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 2nd June 2010, 02:18 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

^^Let's go!

Personally, I loved the PV. FOr me, it's light and fun and quite entertaining.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 2nd June 2010, 02:33 AM
GAME Initiate

About the pv, imo, she looks totally sexy and I do really really love it! I don't really mind if this pv is meaningless or not.. It's still Ayu btw. I would prefer the meaningless pv then the meaningful pv. It's not heavy to think the meaning

About your opinion, I think, there's a truth in your thoughts. I like to read these.

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 2nd June 2010, 02:34 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I like the part when Ayu is on the locker room, as she was saying people to get out of their own lockers xD

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd June 2010, 03:05 AM
The Judgement Day Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I like the part when Ayu is on the locker room, as she was saying people to get out of their own lockers xD
LOL it does have a meaning after all

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 2nd June 2010, 03:07 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Hmm well, as a heterosexual male, I don't have any interest in gay culture, but the fact that Ayu made a video just for a niche crowd that really adores her, I think that's cool.
de tu puņo y letra
Old 2nd June 2010, 03:14 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

The PV made me love the song so much. It was so fierce and stuff, and there is a lot of eye candy for a different people.

Old 2nd June 2010, 03:15 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

I just have to say, I LOVE when the first chorus hits and they are all dancing and surging up and down to the beat! It really makes me want to get up and dance!!!

The PV itself is totally tame though in my opinion. I see crazier things almost any time I go out, lol. Well, maybe not every time, but basically there is nothing in this video I haven't seen in real life many times before. I do give her respect though for taking part in something that I assume could be a little controversial in Japan.

I just want to forget it all, without even saying "goodbye."
『Last minute』

Old 2nd June 2010, 03:35 AM
WE WISH Initiate

i am happy to see that ayu is going on a different direction... like... being some rock star, she used to be pop right?

Tags
lady dynamite