The official thread for your thoughts for "Rock'n'Roll Circus" (Anything!) - Page 21 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 14th June 2010, 04:42 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
well doesn't that suck? imo it seems like with every album, ayu moves farther and farther away from pop and more into just rock and ballads. imo that's all rnrc was. rock and ballads. it annoys me actually. but i think she has more ballads than anything else and she needs to slim that number down a lot. tired of hearing them.
I wouldn't call Don't look back, RED LINE, Lady Dynamite, Sexy little things, and Sunrise rock or ballads.
Old 14th June 2010, 04:50 AM
GAME Initiate

this is my review.

RnRC is not my most favorite album which I used to think I would. This is my third most favorite album after NL and GUILTY.

RnRC is kinda boring to me. But the messages are there. And I can feel how Ayu feel (at least is what I feel). The songs are not so amusing.

So far, I love Microphone, SLT, Lady Dynamite. The ballad songs like Sunset, BALLAD and YW... are my favorite too.

meaning of LOVE and RED LINE ~for TA~ are the most boring one. But I do feel what she wants to tell us. idk why, although they're the most boring one, but I always repeat the songs again and again.

The interlude, I never pay attention to that. But I think, Jump! is the best

That's all. Thank you

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 14th June 2010, 05:48 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

i think i still need time to 'digest' her new album
i find that i don't like it as much as i thought.when i first listen to this album,i think it was great.but after listening to 14times(according to itune play counts XD),i find the songs are boring,except Don't Look Back,Lady Dynamite,you were... and Red Line.others are just so-so to me.sad to say that i didn't listen to this album since last month

Old 15th June 2010, 03:08 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I wouldn't call Don't look back, RED LINE, Lady Dynamite, Sexy little things, and Sunrise rock or ballads.
you don't. but i consider don't look back and red line ballads. a ballad doesn't have to be a slow, orchestrated, deeply emotional song. and ok yes, there are 1 or 2 non rock/ballad type songs, but over all there aren't enough rock songs to consider this album rock and roll, and there aren't enough goofy, crazy songs like slt to consider it a circus.
Old 15th June 2010, 03:55 AM
Daybreak Initiate

I pretty much love everything about RnRC. The tour (which looks so awesome), the merchandise, the photoshoots... everything but the album sadly. LOL. I gave a more detailed review in the NL vs. RnRC thread but I'm too lazy to copy and paste so I'll just sum it all up and say:

--Too many ballads (I have no idea why she called this album Rock n Roll Circus when this is the least rock album she's done in years. I think she just liked the name lol O.O).

--Very few interesting tracks (Microphone, DLB, LD, and SLT being the only ones I still listen to).

--Weak and forgettable interludes

--Sunrise/Sunset... sometimes albums help me appreciate and even sometimes change my opinion of a single completely. I like Sunset a bit more but I still can't stand Sunrise so needless to say, this was not the case this time. XD

-- The album as a whole was just soooo boring. XD I can't stress this enough. Even more so than GUILTY which was my least favorite album until this one, lol.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 15th June 2010, 06:52 AM
Over Initiate

I thought everybody would get this by now. We're not supposed to take the title literally. The songs themselves don't sound rockish or circusy but that wasn't the point. Ayu herself explained the meaning behind the title in her magazine interviews.

Misa-chan has done a great job in translating them so you guys should really read them, then surely you won't be complaining that this album isn't "rock" or "circus" enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bea's Up May 2010
"Traditional Japanese, ethnic, European... with all of these different sounds mixed together, it's like a circus. And when I sing, they become rock. Rock is a very wide genre, and can include lots of different types of songs, but when I sing, they become rock. For example, even if I dress up in a girly way like today and sing a ballad, rock will still be rock. And because rock exists in my soul, it will be reflected in whatever I do. The new album's title "Rock'n'Roll Circus" reflects something interesting, scary, sad, weird, and a whole bunch of other things mixed together. And that is what I think Rock&Roll is all about.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 15th June 2010, 07:03 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post
I thought everybody would get this by now. We're not supposed to take the title literally. The songs themselves don't sound rockish or circusy but that wasn't the point. Ayu herself explained the meaning behind the title in her magazine interviews.

Misa-chan has done a great job in translating them so you guys should really read them, then surely you won't be complaining that this album isn't "rock" or "circus" enough.
I don't normally read her interviews but thanks for this it really clears things up. My feelings about the album remain the same though.

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Old 15th June 2010, 01:58 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I didn't like the album, but I don't think it has anything to do with the number of ballads or rock numbers... o.O

A Song for XX has 6 ballads (of 16 songs)
LOVEppears has 7 ballads (of 17 songs)
Duty has 6 ballads (of 12 songs)
I am... has 5 or 7 depending on what u consider a ballad (of 16 songs)
RAINBOW has 5 ballads (of 16 songs)
Memorial Address has 4 ballads (of 8 songs)
My Story has 8 ballads (of 17 songs)
(miss)understood has 6 ballads (of 16 songs)
Secret has 4 ballads (of 14 songs)
Guilty has 4 ballads (of 14 songs)
NEXT LEVEL has 3 ballads (of 14 songs)
Rock n Roll Circus has 6 ballads (of 15 songs)

from 1/3 to 1/2 of all of her albums are made of ballads...

So... Ayu is having tons of ballads per album for a while now =)
(not even counting the rock numbers... she is having songs with rock elements since Duty on several degrees of "rockness" to it)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th June 2010, 09:06 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by majrakun View Post

ikr. ayu has elaborated this a thousand times it feels in the different interviews.

she understands its not typical rock. she understands it may not flow well at first hear. but that why her interviews were important as is trying to truly understand the whole meaning of the album. .

however some people just look at the basic simplistic surface and base (supposedly well thought out) opinions off of that

nevertheless i still love this album. even more that i thought i did. LD, SLT, Microphone, count down, Sunrise, Yw/B. i just adore the most. and DLB is great too. . .and montage

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 15th June 2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old 16th June 2010, 07:59 AM
As if.. Initiate

My opinions are simple; This new album of Ms Hamasaki had totally refreshen the image and impression of myself towards her. Since RnRc meant so much message from part of her life, it's one of a precious stuff I've collected so far...

"Live each day as though you don't own a past. Live each day as though it's your last.
This is how you live to forgive
."

Old 17th June 2010, 03:52 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I didn't like the album, but I don't think it has anything to do with the number of ballads or rock numbers... o.O

A Song for XX has 6 ballads (of 16 songs)
LOVEppears has 7 ballads (of 17 songs)
Duty has 6 ballads (of 12 songs)
I am... has 5 or 7 depending on what u consider a ballad (of 16 songs)
RAINBOW has 5 ballads (of 16 songs)
Memorial Address has 4 ballads (of 8 songs)
My Story has 8 ballads (of 17 songs)
(miss)understood has 6 ballads (of 16 songs)
Secret has 4 ballads (of 14 songs)
Guilty has 4 ballads (of 14 songs)
NEXT LEVEL has 3 ballads (of 14 songs)
Rock n Roll Circus has 6 ballads (of 15 songs)

from 1/3 to 1/2 of all of her albums are made of ballads...

So... Ayu is having tons of ballads per album for a while now =)
(not even counting the rock numbers... she is having songs with rock elements since Duty on several degrees of "rockness" to it)
LOL, thanks. But really, it was just something that had confused for me for awhile. My bad for thinking an album called "Rock n Roll Circus" would have more Rock n Roll on it. lol I was just summing up my thoughts on the album in general, I didn't mean that the fact it had *insert number* of ballads was what made me dislike it. O.o Ballads or no, rock or not, I just thought RnRC was just an uninteresting album in general. :-/

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Last edited by Ranma Matsuri; 17th June 2010 at 03:57 AM.

Tags
don't look back, lady dynamite, microphone, rock'n'roll circus, sexy little things