The official thread for your thoughts for "Rock'n'Roll Circus" (Anything!) - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 2nd April 2010, 05:44 AM
July 1st Initiate

Oh my goodness, Don't Look Back PV's PURE WIN! I LOVE IT! Smart use of cinematography on that!

I'm glad she's singing songs that suit her voice A LOT better! I like the new styles she has, though Lady Dynamite's PV is seriously BLEARGH. Could have been a lot better. It seems like Kazu just threw in tons of weird random stuff and pieced them together without any coherency.
Old 2nd April 2010, 05:53 AM
July 1st Initiate

Oh, just to add on, I think the general theme of the PVs this time round are really non-Ayu centric (i.e. they just feature RANDOM people)

Sunrise, Sunset (TA members .... i.e. RANDOM)
You were ... (even more RANDOM people but they're in nice weirdsy clothes)
Microphone (RANDOM people in haute-couture)
Sexy Little Things (RANDOM people in british fashion)
Lady Dynamite (RANDOM weird people in a club)

Seriously, can't they produce more PVs like Don't Look Back? Even BALLAD was 'meh' because Ayu basically shared equal screentime with Shu-ya. Please, it's "Ayumi Hamasaki", NOT "Ayumi Hamasaki with DANCERS" or "Ayumi Hamasaki with RANDOM people".

My biggest complaint about the album.

Don't Look Back is pure WIN though. Both the song and PV! The other released album songs are good too (Microphone, Sexy Little Things, Lady Dynamite) but their PVs albeit need some polishing up.
Old 2nd April 2010, 05:58 AM
WE WISH Initiate

^ i loved all the pvs haha

mostly because i love all the songs and u could give me a crap pv and i will not criticize it as long as she didnt make a crappy song to go with it. to me pvs are just extra ways to interpret the song and they dont have to be all ayu 24/7 shoved in my face. thats just my preference

ah i still love this album sooo much already

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 2nd April 2010, 06:00 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruixiong89 View Post
Oh, just to add on, I think the general theme of the PVs this time round are really non-Ayu centric (i.e. they just feature RANDOM people)

Sunrise, Sunset (TA members .... i.e. RANDOM)
You were ... (even more RANDOM people but they're in nice weirdsy clothes)
Microphone (RANDOM people in haute-couture)
Sexy Little Things (RANDOM people in british fashion)
Lady Dynamite (RANDOM weird people in a club)

Seriously, can't they produce more PVs like Don't Look Back? Even BALLAD was 'meh' because Ayu basically shared equal screentime with Shu-ya. Please, it's "Ayumi Hamasaki", NOT "Ayumi Hamasaki with DANCERS" or "Ayumi Hamasaki with RANDOM people".

My biggest complaint about the album.

Don't Look Back is pure WIN though. Both the song and PV! The other released album songs are good too (Microphone, Sexy Little Things, Lady Dynamite) but their PVs albeit need some polishing up.
I am still thinking there are some non random thing in both Microphone and Sexy Little Things PV. Why ayu throw guitar is so important and repeat this act in both PVs? She can just simply stand-do-nothing and repeat it in both PVs.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 2nd April 2010, 06:01 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I don't want to stray too far off topic, but this album is like a gift from heaven to me. I just had this thought, "What can Ayu do to top this?!" Even if everyone doesn't like everything from this album, it's still more universally loved this time around so I wonder what Ayu will do to top this?!
Idk.. I hope whatever she releases after this doesn't seem like crap in comparison because this album is so good. I have to admit, my love for NEXT LEVEL and GUILTY has gone down a bit because of this new amazing album and noticing how much better it is.
Old 2nd April 2010, 06:08 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I think people just take things way too seriously with ayu sometimes.
Why would you assume that? I'm all for fun and nonsense like the Rollin' performance at NL tour and I really wanted to like this song, as I'm sure many others.

Quote:
Oh my goodness, Don't Look Back PV's PURE WIN! I LOVE IT! Smart use of cinematography on that!

I'm glad she's singing songs that suit her voice A LOT better! I like the new styles she has, though Lady Dynamite's PV is seriously BLEARGH. Could have been a lot better. It seems like Kazu just threw in tons of weird random stuff and pieced them together without any coherency.
Kazuyoshi's problem is that he doesn't believe in editing or mixing up shots. Ayumi's performance saved Sparkle, but this time, he just made her look silly (and slightly deranged)

Ironically I was watching the new Lee Hyori video, Swing, just before watching Dont look back, and I was thinking "Wow, why doesn't Ayumi do anything like this?"...then Ayumi topped it a million times. with Dont look back.
Old 2nd April 2010, 06:22 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Why would you assume that? I'm all for fun and nonsense like the Rollin' performance at NL tour and I really wanted to like this song, as I'm sure many others.
Oh I mostly meant the video, not really the song. It seemed like some people were taking it too seriously.
Old 2nd April 2010, 06:53 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Kazuyoshi's problem is that he doesn't believe in editing or mixing up shots. Ayumi's performance saved Sparkle, but this time, he just made her look silly (and slightly deranged)
That's super true. And he likes to overemphasize certain shots. It's amateurish, because the only rule he seems to abide to is the "I need to change views every 3 seconds to sustain interest" and have some variation of settings. I thought Mirrorcle World was still ok, but Lady Dynamite takes the cake.

I have to agree that Ayumi's performance saved Sparkle. This album has great songs, but some of the PVs don't match up. I still like PVs that placed more focus on Ayu (alterna, ourselves, Don't Look Back) with her in different settings. Dancers are fine, as long as they don't take up too much of screen time (which they sadly ALWAYS do, just look at BLUE BIRD. Pfft.)

I don't think Ayumi's to be blamed for any of it, but the directors seriously need to rethink about the way they shoot PVs, especially Kazuyoshi. That man seriously needs to get out of Ayu's creative team.
Old 2nd April 2010, 06:57 AM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
I am still thinking there are some non random thing in both Microphone and Sexy Little Things PV. Why ayu throw guitar is so important and repeat this act in both PVs? She can just simply stand-do-nothing and repeat it in both PVs.
Eh, because it seems like it's a cool thing to do? Seriously, I think we're reading too much at times.

THOUGH I like random stuff! There doesn't need to be a meaning, sometimes aesthetic appeal is the most important and certain things, being random, are GOOD! I like how random the Sexy Little Things PV is! But if anything, both Microphone and the Sexy Little Things PV had TOO MUCH other people. And I thought it took away too much attention from Ayu. Not saying that the camera should stay on her 24/7, but it needed better cinematography.
Old 2nd April 2010, 06:57 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

talking about the PVs,anyone remembered they actually hired students/some people as passerby?its for which PV?lady dynamite?

Old 2nd April 2010, 07:32 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
That's super true. And he likes to overemphasize certain shots. It's amateurish, because the only rule he seems to abide to is the "I need to change views every 3 seconds to sustain interest" and have some variation of settings. I thought Mirrorcle World was still ok, but Lady Dynamite takes the cake.

I have to agree that Ayumi's performance saved Sparkle. This album has great songs, but some of the PVs don't match up. I still like PVs that placed more focus on Ayu (alterna, ourselves, Don't Look Back) with her in different settings. Dancers are fine, as long as they don't take up too much of screen time (which they sadly ALWAYS do, just look at BLUE BIRD. Pfft.)

I don't think Ayumi's to be blamed for any of it, but the directors seriously need to rethink about the way they shoot PVs, especially Kazuyoshi. That man seriously needs to get out of Ayu's creative team.
Sorry, but Ayu is the only one to blame

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd April 2010, 08:08 AM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightea_xx View Post
: ( lady dynamite is getting such a bad wrap. it's such a good song, and the pv is fun...

<3
Old 2nd April 2010, 08:12 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
stuff here
i mainly agree with what you posted. the pvs are... well, i won't give my opinion because i will undoubtedly be called a troll.

the music (for the most part) is a big step up from next level and a bigger step up from the disaster known as guilty. microphone and sexy little things both are pretty good having grown on me, and i looove sunset. not too excited about the other songs.

this album will be decent, which is all i'm expecting of it.
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:38 PM
Replace Initiate

I totally do not like the new songs. and I can't force myself to like them. that's really sad, but I'm hoping that if I listen to the album in full I will change my mind

as for PVs...

Lady Dynamite is a very cheap looking thing. badly directed, and Ayu with bad faces again...I can't understand why she makes him do so many PVs, I like none of his stuff, both photography (except 1 Days & 2 MW covers) and the PVs are truly horrible to me, too much sparkle, glam, but overall a bit trashy-looking for me, sorry

I love Sexy little things and I don't think she copied Gaga and also the opening with this "waaa" scream and blood from the switch just made my day! I liked it very very very much

Don't look back is rather good. I can't say I love it, because it's a bit blank/boring for me. I liked the theme & idea too. stroken A BEST 2 cover in the background smells ourselves. but ourselves is one of her best PVs, so it's of course much better but let's not compare the old stuff anymore, because we saw the lyrics of Don't look back actually she will never get back to the past, I'm glad she's honest. by reading the lyrics I think she expressed what she felt at those ppl who blame her nowadays and constantly remind of the declining sales...maybe, I'm not sure. so, I really like Don't look back

I liked all new PVs except Lady Dynamite. superglad with this fact

as for music, I still like none. I mean, I don't even really feel "like this!" =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megshere View Post
Since GUILTY, my interest in Ayu has decreased due to the decreasing quality of the product. I guess I am finally done looking forward to any of her music. I really just want to forget all of the crap she has put out since 2007-2010.
I completely agree with you. some ppl will place me to the "haters" club, since I've been constantly honestly saying for a while, from the release of (m)u, actually, well, anyone has it's taste, that she has started to lack the quality. I think she might not be interested anymore, that's what it is, and I understand that.
I felt like MY STORY was the last straw. everything went wrong after Moments relase for me, hmm. Moments was the last amazing single

everyone love "his" Ayuperiod. I loved absolutely everything 1998-2005

Last edited by ayu_ready?; 2nd April 2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2nd April 2010, 02:47 PM
count down Initiate

I keep repeating the Lady Dynamite PV while I do other things like MSN. I'm not too favorable of the PV BUT OH MY GOD I LOVE THE SONG SO FREAKING MUCH

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd April 2010, 12:25 AM
Secret Initiate

After listening to Sexy little things over and over...I'm happy to say...I have a ton of faith in the album (even if the title is stupid). Good job Ayu (: Off to watch Don't look back now~
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:12 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It makes me sick to my stomach to watch Lady Dynamite PV. The song is awesome, but the PV is just horrendous. Why is Ayu flaunting the celebrity lifestyle so vehemently? Ugh. I can't even stand to think about it. She's not the same. Watching interviews from 1998 is just shocking now. She's not the same person...I feel like she's lost her essence.

Also, it could be all Kazuyoshi's fault. Why don't Ayu's bosses realize that Kazu can't direct worth crap. His pictures are okay, and at least the worst there is that he's making Ayu do those stupid "fierce" faces. The videos are always choppy, incongruent and utterly embarrassing to watch. It's like he's never heard of editing or is complete **** at it, but he thinks he's the best. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ayu doesn't deserve to be brought down by Kazuyoshi.

Alternatively, it could be Ayu's fault, depending on whether or not it's her making the decisions. She never mentions anything about actual decision making, so for all we know avex execs could be forcing him upon her. But if she's the one hiring him over and over again (which I doubt considering what she's said about him) then Ayu really needs to wake up.

avatar + signature by Zanmato@Ayu Dynasty
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:33 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reixminako View Post
It makes me sick to my stomach to watch Lady Dynamite PV. The song is awesome, but the PV is just horrendous. Why is Ayu flaunting the celebrity lifestyle so vehemently? Ugh. I can't even stand to think about it. She's not the same. Watching interviews from 1998 is just shocking now. She's not the same person...I feel like she's lost her essence.

Also, it could be all Kazuyoshi's fault. Why don't Ayu's bosses realize that Kazu can't direct worth crap. His pictures are okay, and at least the worst there is that he's making Ayu do those stupid "fierce" faces. The videos are always choppy, incongruent and utterly embarrassing to watch. It's like he's never heard of editing or is complete **** at it, but he thinks he's the best. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ayu doesn't deserve to be brought down by Kazuyoshi.

Alternatively, it could be Ayu's fault, depending on whether or not it's her making the decisions. She never mentions anything about actual decision making, so for all we know avex execs could be forcing him upon her. But if she's the one hiring him over and over again (which I doubt considering what she's said about him) then Ayu really needs to wake up.
It's Ayu's fault.
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:35 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Lady Dynamite is definitely a love or hate video.
Old 3rd April 2010, 01:37 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by reixminako View Post

QFT, the one n only PV that I don't like about this album is Lady Dynamite, Ayu was so Paris Hilton-ish in that PV, something like drinkin', get drunk then sexy dancin' in club all night etc... I mean that kind of image is just meaningless/trivial =-=

My Facebook: Rocky Raven

Please come and join Amuro-Namie New Forum

Last edited by Rocky Raven; 3rd April 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Tags
don't look back, lady dynamite, microphone, rock'n'roll circus, sexy little things