The official thread for your thoughts for "Rock'n'Roll Circus" (Anything!) - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd April 2010, 10:44 AM
Who... Initiate

Sorry to bring back talk about not-so-new songs but I have recently developed a HUGE loving for BALLAD... xD I mean seriously, the "Koyoi no tsuki no akari wa" in the final chorus gives me chills. I did like BALLAD before too, but now I'm just crazy for it. Same for Sunrise/Sunset. Funny, since I'm usually not really into the single songs so much anymore at the time the album comes out. Now that I'm crazy about both single and album tracks, this album's going to be so epic for me personally.

BRILLIANCE

Old 3rd April 2010, 02:24 PM
monochrome Initiate

Don't look back (song and PV)

are FREAKING AWESOME!!!

love it. makes up for lady dynamite being so meh

Old 3rd April 2010, 02:47 PM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I think people just take things way too seriously with ayu sometimes.
I kno rite? Not like we've seen MV's/PV's in America/Japan where they're just dancing and having a good time. Not everything in the world has to have symbolism lol. Why can't a singer just go out and have fun XD
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:15 PM
until that Day… Initiate

i love mostly all the new songs, can't wait for count down and meaning of love..
it's the acoustic feel which i really really love
Old 3rd April 2010, 03:24 PM
YOU Initiate

All the songs are so different from each other. Nice to hear different styles. I can see why the album is called (R´n R)circus. Although I expected more rockish songs. But can´t wait to hear rest of the new songs. At the moment sexy little things keeps playing in my head non stop.
Old 3rd April 2010, 05:46 PM
count down Initiate

This is what I posted about the Lady Dynamite PV in the "Ayu as a Gay Icon" thread before it got thrashed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon
I watched Lady Dynamite again and I must say, as much as I dislike her stupid face at most parts... there are interesting parts. This scene where she was at the locker, the first thought that came to my mind was, "coming out of the closet".

You know what, sorry if the PV made you feel odd or that you feel it's "too much", because really, the message of the PV is for homosexuals (or actually anyone) to be yourself, and be comfortable with whoever you are... because being ashamed of your identity because of social stigma is just too depressing.

Which is why she chose a gay club with all the ott gays and really in-your-face stuff... because admit it, gays who go to a gay club actually feel the most comfortable and the most like themselves in it... I think that's what Ayu wants to convey anyway - be comfortable and proud of who you are,

and that was how the PV for Lady Dynamite came about
I never thought the concept for the PV was bad... in fact everything was good imo, except for the horrible editing and Ayu's REALLY fugly facial expressions in most scenes... I had such a hard time choosing good screen caps for my set cos she's so ugly in most of them : /

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd April 2010, 06:23 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not~Yet View Post
Sorry to bring back talk about not-so-new songs but I have recently developed a HUGE loving for BALLAD... xD I mean seriously, the "Koyoi no tsuki no akari wa" in the final chorus gives me chills. I did like BALLAD before too, but now I'm just crazy for it. Same for Sunrise/Sunset. Funny, since I'm usually not really into the single songs so much anymore at the time the album comes out. Now that I'm crazy about both single and album tracks, this album's going to be so epic for me personally.
I feel the same except for "You were..." I just love it so much now. I loved it before, but now it's in my top 5 ayu ballads. Sunset grew on me a lot too. I love the variety this album has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
I had such a hard time choosing good screen caps for my set cos she's so ugly in most of them : /
She's looked the hottest she's ever looked in a PV in those lollipop scenes imo. Some facial expressions I guess were ugly, but since she's so gorgeous it didn't really ruin anything lol
Old 3rd April 2010, 07:01 PM
count down Initiate

^ that's why I had to make a set the lollipop scenes were so hot even though selecting pictures were tough!

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 3rd April 2010, 09:44 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
^ that's why I had to make a set the lollipop scenes were so hot even though selecting pictures were tough!
yes, me too I desperately needed a lollipop set after seeing Lady Dynamite <3

Old 3rd April 2010, 10:10 PM
WE WISH Initiate

@ waterballoon: thank you. with everyone saying how lackluster and "meaningless" it is i completely missed these points in the video.

anywayz i love all the songs so far. LD is awesome song to me (Really i dont think a not so well edited video is the end of the world. sadly people judge ayus career on pv quality). DLB is just amazing. i adore the style of the song a lot. and the lyrics are my fav. some people really need to get the message shes sending. Microphone is still fantastic to me and my fav song from RnRC. SLT is just . its catchy and meaningful at the same time (and the pv is now one of my ayu favs ^___^) countdown is great. and Last Links and Meaning of Love arent bad at all, especially MoL. i already lvoe the singles ( i like Sunrise, Yw, and BALLAD a lot) so im sure ill enjoy this album quite a bit.

the overall concept works perfectly

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 4th April 2010, 01:17 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayu99persen View Post
lol it is a lifestyle... never go to a club?
I never go to a club which i can see whole bunch of leather dressing gay men with ayu dance crazily.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 4th April 2010, 01:46 AM
Prologue Initiate

DLB PV is wonderful she looks pretty even when she goes crazy

Old 4th April 2010, 02:15 AM
until that Day… Initiate

i agree that Ayu on the Lollipop scene is just HOT..
i love it..
i love the color of her lips..
it's kind of sexy!
Old 4th April 2010, 03:19 AM
No way to say Initiate

I was FINALLY able to watch DLB!

That's literally what I was thinking... Just WOW.

A~M~A~Z~I~N~G~

I think it's an awesomely awesome PV; maybe the best on the album, IMO!

I don't see what's so wrong with Lady Dynamite... (-_-) it was a good PV to me! And the lollipop scenes were

Sexy little things was weird, sure, but it was still awesome! Ayu looked best in the big black dress, IMO

Microphone was amazing as well; fierce Ayu returns! Lol.

Overall, the PVs for this album are phenominal and I can't wait to see them on my TV in HD!

The songs are also fabulous and amazing~

This album is just.............
Old 4th April 2010, 03:22 AM
Secret Initiate

Don't look back was a boring PV :| It's "ourselves" PART II. Couldn't really get into it. Meh
Old 4th April 2010, 04:24 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

The songs sound awesome I'm not too keen on a couple of the PVs but the rest are good so far

Old 4th April 2010, 10:30 PM
sending mail Initiate

EVERYTHING SO FAR IS AMAZING. PERFECT.

Old 5th April 2010, 02:51 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

So far, I'm really excited about this album! I think the cover art could have been better, and maybe a little more thought could have gone into the PVs, but all of the music that we've gotten to hear so far is very strong. And the PVs definitely aren't terrible by any means - I'm a sucker for high fashion, so SLT is visually my cup of tea. I just think she could have gone a little bit farther with them. Don't Look Back is probably the most striking of the four.

But I can't get Microphone out of my head, Lady Dynamite is a very strong song, Sexy Little Things is very original and is definitely growing on me, and Don't Look Back is one of the best ballads she's released in years. And that's what really matters; the music.

I was really, really worried with such lackluster singles starting off the new album, but I'm becoming more confident in this album. I can't wait to hear the rest of it!

これからもずっとこの歌声が皆に届きますようにと... ♥
Old 5th April 2010, 03:50 AM
ourselves Initiate

So just now I looked at my daily shoe calendar, where RnRC's release date is written in. And I realize that the shoe for April 14th is called "Rock 'n' Roll". I shouldn't be this excited.

My travel blog
Old 5th April 2010, 03:54 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I hope there's a hidden track!! We haven't had one of those in a looooong while

Tags
don't look back, lady dynamite, microphone, rock'n'roll circus, sexy little things