DIR EN GREY ◙▒◙ the 2nd thread - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 4th September 2018, 07:00 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
^Personally my favourite Diru album is Withering to death. I really love this one and consider it a masterpiece. Vulgar is also great and I like six Ugly too. Also songs I listen to again and again are I'll, Cage and Garden, because I like how old school they are.
Other than that I also enjoyed THE MARROW OF A BONE. Sadly, after this release, I didn't enjoy any of their albums. If you're into this kind of metal, you may like those albums, the style they atoppted ten years ago just isn't for me. But I would recommend the second disc of their self cover album THE UNRAVELING, the new version of MACABRE as well as the unplugged versions are great!
But I have high hopes for the new album, since I really enjoyed Utafumi (recommend to download the single, especially because of the track they did with SUGIZO, which is also on the single and might be one of the most beautiful songs they ever did), as well as Ranunculus, which was beautiful the two times I heard it live.

I had the opportunity to listen to "Withering to Death" yesterday and while it isnt what I normally listen to, it definitely is a gem I also ventured into "Uroboros" but it was a bit too intense. Thank you for this recommendation (it only took 11 years to finally get into Dir 🤣&#129315 I think what also makes it great is that they are so active after so long between touring in Japan and the Europe/North America. I dont feel that normal customary burn of being a Jmusic fan and feeling like you'll get to see the artist unless you go through some immense process and loss of money. I cant wait for them to get back to the U.S.
Old 5th September 2018, 03:17 AM

^if they ever come near you and you have the opportunity to see them live, I recommend it. But don't travel for them to another city or something. If you didn't like UROBOROS, there isn't much for you at their concerts. I listen to Diru since I was 12 years old and I loved them deeply. They still have a place in my heart and I saw them twice here in Tokyo, since I'm here anyway atm, but I wouldn't travel for them anymore. I did this in the past in Germany a lot, but nowadays they only play songs that were released from UROBOROS onwards or new versions of old songs that now sound like stuff from later in their career.
If you prefer their old stuff over their new stuff, like me, I fear there isn't much for you at their concerts. =(
Old 6th September 2018, 01:34 PM
from your letter Initiate

^ it is kind of a shame that they dont appear to play anything older in their discography outside of Japan. I had the opportunity once again(dont know where all this time is coming from) to listen to "Macabre" last night and it's easily one of my favorite albums period, but then again I shouldn't be surprised because for whatever reason early 00's late 90's music has always appealed to me (something was in the water around that time I'm convinced) Also, it's not so much that I disliked UROBOROS but more I have to be in that mind space to listen to it in its entirety and be prepared for a potential headache ����. This wouldn't turn me away from going to one of their concerts even if it's for the experience. I have to say though the fandom seems a little intense. They would put some of these new kpop fandoms to shame with some of the antics they pull, including the story you shared earlier.
Old 7th September 2018, 02:56 AM

^I am out of the fandom for quite some years now and only knew the German community, but then again German teen fan communities regarding anything that has to do with Japan are crazy anyway. So I have no idea how crazy their fans are or not.
But yeah, if you to a concert in Japan, I definitely recommend a ticket with a seat.
Old 11th September 2019, 08:15 PM
fairyland Initiate

sorry for bumping up this thread~~

|| Switch FC: SW-6768-6471-0697||

Old 20th November 2019, 03:30 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Label/Cat#: FIREWALL DIV. – SFCD-0247
Year: 2019-09-18
Format: CD, Single

Tracklist
1. The World of Mercy (10:22)
2. DOZING GREEN (Acoustic Ver.) (03:07)