[Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ A Vacation for Only Two Hours in the 55th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 2nd October 2016, 03:04 AM
still alone Initiate

I don't really see the big deal with Ore no Kanojo but I do think it is a standout track.
I'm so glad Fantome is selling like crazy. But I'm really not surprised, I knew that with all the hype and it being Utada, it was going to be a huge success. I am getting anxious already for the next album.
Old 2nd October 2016, 05:23 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
Today's ranking: still no. 1

Fantôme: 87,088 + 49728 + 27782 + 25038 = 189,636
EXILE: 79271 + 41258 + 18053 + 10688 + 8345 = 157,615

Seems like Fantôme may be able to break through 200K on the first week!!!!
This is unreal. EXILE tried to release a day early to spoil Utada, but don't ever underestimate Hikki...
Old 2nd October 2016, 08:16 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I don't really see the big deal with Ore no Kanojo but I do think it is a standout track.
For me, it's the lyrics. (Usually everything is when it comes to music.) The way the lyrics go back and forth between the man talking and then the woman and their comparison of thoughts. (then of course I was totally not prepared for that French to come along which just. fits. so. well. right. there. and. then.) It was just something different and fresh, considering most things in Jpop right now is so repetitive and flat-lined. (though I'm addicted to that too, I'll admit.)

I mean, I can't speak for everyone but Ore no Kanojo and Tomodachi and Boukyaku are my favorites so I just wanted to put in my two cents.

I personally don't see what's so special about Nijikan Dake no Vacance. I just can't get into that song no matter what. I mean it's still good, no doubt, but it just... doesn't do anything for me.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Old 2nd October 2016, 08:59 AM
TO BE Initiate

^listen to it on a pair of good quality earphones. the sound production is really gorgeous.
Old 2nd October 2016, 09:26 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^
Oh I always use my good quality headphones when I'm at the computer (which I usually am) and the sound production is definitely beautiful, one of the best on the album, or one of the best I've heard this year. I'm always a sucker for acoustic guitars so I absolutely love the acoustic in the beginning, and then those violins that kick in when the chorus starts. (It's very, very nice to hear actual instruments instead of the computerized stuff popular nowadays.) But the song still, as a whole, doesn't give me that OMG feeling it seems to give a lot of others on here and other sites I go to.

But that's all right. I'm not at all saying it's a bad song, cause it's definitely not. I'm just not on the same bandwagon as the majority of the fans here and there. No biggie.

Old 2nd October 2016, 11:37 AM
Initiate

when i first listened to nijikan dake no vacance, i actually hated it , but after a few listens and watching the video it has totally grown on me and it's now one of my fave tracks on the album, sounds awesome with super bass headphones too for some reason
Old 2nd October 2016, 11:38 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I actually love Nijikan Dake no Vacance so much (like literally the best album track not counting Hanataba and Manatsu). I love the atmosphere of the song. The music and arrangement are so good, and the lyric is on point. Not to mention how harmonious ringo and hikki are in the song.

Anywayz...

Oct 1 ranking: still No.1

Fantôme: 87,088 + 49728 + 27782 + 25038 + 28899 = 218,535
EXILE: 79271 + 41258 + 18053 + 10688 + 8345 + 8175 = 165,790

Just one more day before for the first week sales. It will break 230K for sure (well, it's not hard to get over 12K tomorrow right?). I have to say I'm amazed by the constant sales for the past two days. I thought the sales would drop to 15K on the 4th day, then 10K today. Today's number is actually higher than of the third day!

Last edited by bluegie; 2nd October 2016 at 12:06 PM.
Old 2nd October 2016, 11:44 AM
from your letter Initiate

wow she sold more today, that's amazing. Still the Queen of Japan.
Old 2nd October 2016, 02:10 PM
æternal Initiate

probably because its weekend, and most companies salary drops every 30th so many people was able to buy it! Yassss godtada..

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 2nd October 2016, 04:23 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

So happy with the sales!! total deserving sales
Old 2nd October 2016, 04:28 PM
appears Initiate

HAVE MERCY ON OUR FAVES GODTADA

Last edited by Cahz-; 2nd October 2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 3rd October 2016, 03:41 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

With this term..I think the album can sold around 450k-500k in the end. Hikki has longevity so it can reach to that number which is HUGE number for solo singer these days.

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 3rd October 2016, 05:37 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miduhyo View Post
For me, it's the lyrics. (Usually everything is when it comes to music.) The way the lyrics go back and forth between the man talking and then the woman and their comparison of thoughts. (then of course I was totally not prepared for that French to come along which just. fits. so. well. right. there. and. then.) It was just something different and fresh, considering most things in Jpop right now is so repetitive and flat-lined. (though I'm addicted to that too, I'll admit.)

I mean, I can't speak for everyone but Ore no Kanojo and Tomodachi and Boukyaku are my favorites so I just wanted to put in my two cents.

I personally don't see what's so special about Nijikan Dake no Vacance. I just can't get into that song no matter what. I mean it's still good, no doubt, but it just... doesn't do anything for me.
I also love the concept of the song. It's kind of a breath of fresh air for Jpop, a song with substance and creativity. But the whole album is like that really.
Manatsu No Tooriame was my top favorite for so long and I think I killed it by overplaying it.
Tomodachi and Jinsei are rising to the top of my favorites list.
For Nijikan Dake No Vacance, my instant reaction was that it reminded me of 2000's Utada vocally. I liked it when I first heard it and it has grown on me since. I feel like the collab with Sheena Ringo really adds to the song, without her I think the song would be a little repetitive and not as fun.
As for those new sales, wow. What if it becomes the best seller of 2016?
Old 3rd October 2016, 05:47 AM

I can't find it, but someone on twitter said the best top 3 albums in 2016 have album sales over 500K at least. Hikki needs to work really hard to get into top 3 I guess.
Old 3rd October 2016, 06:11 AM
Greatful days Initiate

They have her featured under the new music tab on the iTunes US home page.
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:16 AM

Okay. Found the info.

Oricon 2016 top albums (up to the week before Fantome):

1 - Sandaime: THE JSB LEGACY (637K)
2 - Oda Kazumasa (401K)
3 - EXILE - HiGH and LOW (357K)
4 - Nogizaka46 (328K)
5 - Fukuyama Masaharu (302K)

I think Hikki could get into top 3 if Fantome has longevity.
Old 3rd October 2016, 07:35 AM
still alone Initiate

That number 1 spot might be difficult to beat. But I also think the top 3 is a possibility. But if she did get number one I bet it would make headlines everywhere.
I think Fantome will continue to chart through October.
Old 3rd October 2016, 08:49 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I also love the concept of the song. It's kind of a breath of fresh air for Jpop, a song with substance and creativity. But the whole album is like that really.
Manatsu No Tooriame was my top favorite for so long and I think I killed it by overplaying it.
Tomodachi and Jinsei are rising to the top of my favorites list.
For Nijikan Dake No Vacance, my instant reaction was that it reminded me of 2000's Utada vocally. I liked it when I first heard it and it has grown on me since. I feel like the collab with Sheena Ringo really adds to the song, without her I think the song would be a little repetitive and not as fun.
As for those new sales, wow. What if it becomes the best seller of 2016?
I did the exact same thing. When it first came out I just remember being like OHTADA!!! and just listening to it over and over and over and over and over. I've yet to do that to Hanataba wo kimi ni but I'm getting there. xD

God, I'm still in love with this album. This is and daydream by Aimer have been keeping me alive this past week. Nonstop playing. Excerising, working, even just chilling with friends these albums have been on blaassstt~~~

My favorite part (and totally random story here) has been: a couple of my friends whose only attachment to Japanese is watching some popular animes got really into Tomodachi and tried to sing along with the chorus, and oh my gosh, I wish I recorded it. It was just a bunch of friends singing gibberish together, it was amazing.

Old 3rd October 2016, 09:08 AM
Initiate

Manatsu no Tooriame has won Best Female Video at the MTV VMA 2016!

She won for a music video she didn't even appear in it!
Old 3rd October 2016, 10:22 AM
appears Initiate

^urgh queen
even she's not in the video, i really like this vid so i'm glad she won it!
but ok nowadays there aren't many good PV's out there anymore

even i love Sakura Nagashi, but i felt without it it's such a good flow after Jinsei Saikou no Hi to Michi when you listen on repeat!

Tags
hikki, jpop, utada hikaru