[Utada Hikaru] Will you buy Utada's English album regardless? - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Will you buy Utada's English album regardless?
Of course! I'll definitely stand behind her! 69 49.29%
Erm, it has to sound good. 43 30.71%
As long as the album cover looks nice. 3 2.14%
I'm not buying it. 25 17.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd January 2009, 12:05 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I can't afford it because of school, so...

Best of luck to Hikki.
Old 22nd January 2009, 06:57 PM
Greatful days Initiate

The title of this thread is rather presumptious. I'm not getting this Album "REGARDLESS" of anything.

I'll be getting Utada's Album because I like her music, I want to support her, and I'm genuinely interested in what else will be included on the Album.

I Have Never Tried On PERFUME Before, But There Is A First Time For Everything.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Man, CoriKaru's posts are gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahtka-chan View Post
^Hell no, Ayu is not that pretty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^ There's nothig wrong on being a slut...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
I saw Ayu's dress and realized where the budget for the whole video went. On the dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoriKaru View Post
ayumistans I swear fo' gawd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelosama View Post
For some things you have Mastercard, for others you have Nakata Yasutaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle ! View Post
Kuu Like a Sick And His midecin is near She should use it before it's gonna expire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klauser_Bateson View Post
So this is the girl who said her favorite Playstation game was Super Mario Bros. and held the PS Vita upside down at a press conference.

That aside, how's her music? Is it good?
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:43 PM
LIMIT Initiate

I'm also getting the album because I really enjoy her music, and that's all there is to it. ^_^
Old 22nd January 2009, 11:58 PM
teens Initiate

I'm really hoping for some really good urban beats on the second album.

I thought the EXODUS album had good beats on it, especially Exodus '04. ^^
Old 23rd January 2009, 12:00 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

When EXODUS came out, I actually really didn't like it at all, but I bought it either way!

this is "do or die", baby.

♥ made by pepicoladas

Old 23rd January 2009, 12:02 AM
teens Initiate

About Exodus '04, I heard that the song had the sitar that was used from some Pakistan (?) or someone's song. Was it true? And what song did it sample from?
Old 23rd January 2009, 03:44 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

If the cover is nice, I'll probably buy it.

I'm not shallow xDD

livejournal / last.fm / awesome sauce

Old 30th January 2009, 05:08 PM
BEST Initiate

I'll only buy it if it's good.

I didn't buy Exodus because I hated it, and I'm glad it flopped, because I didn't want her to think it was ok to release such junk. I had such high hopes for that album, and it let me down so much. That being said, I have no expectations for this album after Exodus, so I might be happier easier.
Old 30th January 2009, 10:05 PM
LOVE~Destiny~H-Initiate

i'll definitely get it

only if we support asian stars by giving them good sales will they keep coming to release in north america....i.e. if you way more of them to come and have concerts here...stop just downloading them online but actually go and buy them

Thanks Omega Prime for the ava!!! And Delirium-Zer0 for reviving it!!
Old 31st January 2009, 07:37 AM
Naturally Initiate

I bought Exodus because it was on display in B&N and I thought it was kind of cool that a Jpop artist was there (it was in the beginning of my Jpop phase). I kind of regret it, because I only liked 2 songs out of the entire CD.

It's an endless story, always shining
Always, I want to tell you, forever
lj icon-journal

Old 1st February 2009, 12:49 AM
Greatful days Initiate

I'm definitely going to buy it. I'm so anxious to get it.
Old 1st February 2009, 10:42 AM
Sexy little things Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
I'll only buy it if it's good.

I didn't buy Exodus because I hated it, and I'm glad it flopped, because I didn't want her to think it was ok to release such junk. I had such high hopes for that album, and it let me down so much. That being said, I have no expectations for this album after Exodus, so I might be happier easier.
This.

I'm a hard-core Hikki fan and as such I bough Exodus regardless to support her, but it was probably the worst junk I've heard in centuries. If it came from any other Asian artist I would probably excuse it; but because she is fluent in English, has written perfectly good English songs in the past, and her songs are wonderful, there was absolutely no reason why that album had to suck so bad. I completely regret buying it. I don't care how much I love an artist, I don't have to buy an album if I hate it with every fiber in my body. In fact, by not buying it, it may be the only way for her to know that it was a terrible album. That's harsh, but that's how I feel.

Irregardless, if this album is good I will buy it. If it is not, I won't, and I have extremely low expectations. I will definitely be downloading it first to see if I like it, and then I will go from there. If it's a good album I will by it as to make her know that she is doing good and should keep on going.
Old 4th February 2009, 01:09 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

it sounds really boring, and NO
Old 5th February 2009, 10:21 PM
Daybreak Initiate

"hating an album with every fiber in your body", I didn't know that was possible

Well... I do hate the song "Let Me Give You My Love" with a burning passion... such dirty lyrics! Melting pot ugghh in that context it makes me sick xD

But I did like the rest of the album. Some of my favorite songs are on it (Kremlin Dusk, Hotel Lobby)
Old 5th February 2009, 10:29 PM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarbasil View Post
This.

I'm a hard-core Hikki fan and as such I bough Exodus regardless to support her, but it was probably the worst junk I've heard in centuries. If it came from any other Asian artist I would probably excuse it; but because she is fluent in English, has written perfectly good English songs in the past, and her songs are wonderful, there was absolutely no reason why that album had to suck so bad. I completely regret buying it. I don't care how much I love an artist, I don't have to buy an album if I hate it with every fiber in my body. In fact, by not buying it, it may be the only way for her to know that it was a terrible album. That's harsh, but that's how I feel.

Irregardless, if this album is good I will buy it. If it is not, I won't, and I have extremely low expectations. I will definitely be downloading it first to see if I like it, and then I will go from there. If it's a good album I will by it as to make her know that she is doing good and should keep on going.
Sadly, I experienced the same thing.

I loved Hikki until Deep River, and then when Exodus came out, my love for her entered an abyss from which it may never be rescued. I wept. I gnashed my teeth. How could she do this to me? The jokeyness, the wink-wink high school innuendo, the superficiality, the shallow life experiences, the immature ideas and themes of Exodus were stabs to the heart. Ultra Blue held promise, but Heart Station was another letdown.

Hikki's English sounds so forced and affected, almost like Alanis but without the undercutting irony. That makes it such a terrible shame.

Last edited by Uemarasan; 5th February 2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 6th February 2009, 05:57 AM
Initiate

it has to sound good.
i dont care who it is.
Old 7th February 2009, 06:36 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

YES im buying it i have all her american work Exodus only but lol ya but i want her english albums

Im buying it at FYE
Old 7th February 2009, 10:10 AM
End roll Initiate

I'm going to buy it regardless if I like it or not. I will buy it in HMV to support her and I will listen to it atleast once. That's that. BUT "Come Back To Me" was not a convincing single choice for me. If I didn't know who Utada was and I heard this song on the radio then I probably wouldn't bother looking into her any further. EXODUS is still one of my favourite albums and I'm a bit sad that she didn't continue with that style but it's Utada and she keeps changing for the better, this time she changed for the better of commercial sound.
Old 7th February 2009, 04:57 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

lol i ain't falling for the same trick again! for Exodus, I bought it before listening to the entire thing and i totally regretted it.

i listened to that clip on her website and i got bored after the first repeat cause it sounded really shallow. It seems she didn't learn her lesson with Exodus that hip hop beats + lyrics is WAY too common nowadays.

She should work with another producer and label cause Island and who ever is working with her now is ruining her chances here.
Old 8th February 2009, 04:44 AM
glitter Initiate

NO.

Tags
english album, major floppage, utada, utada hikaru