New singles crossroad 9/22 and 「L」 9/29 [X] - Page 12 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th September 2010, 03:49 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
^ oh yes, Last angel won't have a PV..
goshh I really didn't realize bout that..
ah~ too bad.. i wish it would have.. but maybe it'll be included in the album! *hope so!*
Oh it better! That title is so cute! I can't wait to read the lyrics/tranlation!

"Reality is just a shared illusion"

♫♪ = AYU♥Cascada♥SUJU♥BSB♥Ariel Lin♥Taio Cruz♥B'z♥Kangta

Old 19th September 2010, 03:49 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I love Virgin Road!! Listening now. Something about it, I really love it... hm not sure what, but she sounds great.
Not a huge crossroad fan for some reason...but I love SEVEN DAYS WAR and now suddenly I really like crossroad! haha
I do think crossroad/seven days war are a great style blend for a single they have matching style~

You don't know how beautiful you are. ♡

Set by ownsarai.

Old 19th September 2010, 03:52 AM
Don't look back Initiate

^YEA! thats what i appreciate about the single. Same goes for MOON and blossom..the matching styles. I think L wont be having that much of a matching style though ahhaha...But i think we're gonna have warm, touching songs...Ok maybe Last angel is gonna be the exception (in a gd way)
Old 19th September 2010, 04:24 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

crossroad > SEVEN DAYS WAR by about 38947 miles

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 19th September 2010, 04:25 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Quote:
Its not ballad!!!RT @mmicrophone: @ayu_19980408 what kind of song is Last Angel? is it a ballad too?
Best news I've heard all week.

Eh, her working on a new album wasn't exactly "news" to me kinda already figured that since she's been practically living in the studio for weeks. lol But nice to have confirmation.

About Virgin Road... hmm, sounds nice but didn't really wow me like crossroad did. Have to get more used to it more to get a final verdict but for now it's just good but nothing amazing. Her vocals are lovely though. Not gonna listen to the crossroad single yet.

One more thing... AYU ON FIRE FTWW!!!! XD

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 19th September 2010, 04:25 AM
until that Day… Initiate

yep yep! about the matching style..both are so oldies!
even thought SEVEN DAYS WAR is more oldies than crossroad..
gahh this single is totally LOVE~~~~
Old 19th September 2010, 04:45 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
no worry! Ayu just confirmed through her twitter..
Last angel is not a ballad!
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I'm sure I'll love it no matter what now! xD;

Btw, I know everyone has a difference of opinion and everything but I don't know what else Ayu can do for some people anymore.

Different composer (than her usuals), touching lyrics, the arrangement isn't over done, it's simple and let's her words carry the song. What is this "EPIC" everyone is looking for? Dearest? M? What was so special about those songs that this song doesn't have?

Last edited by jbrat2219; 19th September 2010 at 04:51 AM.
Old 19th September 2010, 04:48 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

TODAY HAS BEEN SUCH AN AMAZING DAY FOR ME MUSIC-WISE (If I didn't struggle for 12 hours to write a paper it would have been better but...).

Honestly, with crossroad Ayu just completely made up for MOON, blossom, and all of NEXT LEVEL for me (I didn't like these songs... just my opinion, do not attack ^^). I love crossroad, I love SEVEN DAYS WAR, and I love Virgin Road.

I think a lot of my love for these songs has to do with her SIGNIFICANTLY improved voice though. I've been dreaming that she'd regain her earlier voice for a long time and I didn't think it was possible. Is all of this because she stopped drinking xD?

And I totally predicted that she would set herself on fire in the PV. I'm so glad that something exciting happens in it .

And Last angel isn't a ballad !

Oh Ayu... you will always be my music goddess.
Old 19th September 2010, 04:57 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post

Btw, I know everyone has a difference of opinion and everything but I don't know what else Ayu can do for some people anymore.

Different composer (than her usuals), touching lyrics, the arrangement isn't over done, it's simple and let's her words carry the song. What is this "EPIC" everyone is looking for? Dearest? M? What was so special about those songs that this song doesn't have?
I'm also thinking the same.... WHY OH WHY~~~~

i guess that for some ppl who love oldies, now you have it!
for ppl who love the upbeat/rock song/sparkle type of song, we still gonna have to wait! XDD
Old 19th September 2010, 05:04 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:

They are looked at through rose tinted glasses. People almost always look at things that happened before as being better. Also probably partly because they are really ingrained in peoples minds since they've been around so long. They are the standard and nothing will ever beat them for some people.
I personally think many of her classics are overrated (even if I love them), especially SEASONS which everyone seems to love. I'd take Virgin Road or crossroad over that any day, 100 times over.

Last edited by kagami; 19th September 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 19th September 2010, 05:09 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
They are looked at through rose tinted glasses. People almost always look at things that happened before as being better. Also probably partly because they are really ingrained in peoples minds since they've been around so long. They are the standard and nothing will ever beat them for some people.
Hahaha yeah! It's like Dearest/M took their Ayu virginity and they have trouble letting it go LOL. Even though I'm not too fond of them, I'll admit they're great songs. But what bothers me is... well IMO... Ayu has WAY better ballads. JEWEL and HEAVEN at the very least are better. I guess if it were clearer to me what advantage those ballads over all the post-ballads I'd understand better. But to me, neither songs have better compositions / vocals / arrangements. The best thing about them... as with any Ayu song, are the lyrics.
Old 19th September 2010, 05:15 AM
And Then Initiate

oh i want to play the > game!
MOON > blossom > crossroad > SEVEN DAYS WAR > Virgin Road

maaan MOON was so epic, definitely on of her best songs LOL up there with moments I'm shocked a lot don't feel the same

everything else was good it's just dumped in with the rest of her stuff

aw i just realized the order means the singles are getting worse for me haha well here's hoping for the last two songs on L!

but virgin road... it's not bad, it's nice, but it just doesn't seem to stick. i've been trying LOL
Old 19th September 2010, 05:17 AM
until that Day… Initiate

^ haha then try harder~~~ wait til you watch the PV, maybe?
Old 19th September 2010, 05:17 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Hahaha yeah! It's like Dearest/M took their Ayu virginity and they have trouble letting it go LOL. Even though I'm not too fond of them, I'll admit they're great songs. But what bothers me is... well IMO... Ayu has WAY better ballads. JEWEL and HEAVEN at the very least are better. I guess if it were clearer to me what advantage those ballads over all the post-ballads I'd understand better. But to me, neither songs have better compositions / vocals / arrangements. The best thing about them... as with any Ayu song, are the lyrics.
THIS!!

My thoughts exactly.

To me any AYU song is just as beautiful and good as any other AYU song (did that make sense?). It's as if you asked AYU which is her fav. song...she could not decide because the lyrics she wrote for those songs are all equal in value to her...

"Reality is just a shared illusion"

♫♪ = AYU♥Cascada♥SUJU♥BSB♥Ariel Lin♥Taio Cruz♥B'z♥Kangta

Old 19th September 2010, 05:19 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:
Maybe one of the reasons is that they are CREA compositions. People automatically seem to like them better. Oh, and everyone will say they are more emotional, but the only reason M sounds so emotional is because it's too high for Ayu to sing and she is screeching, which = emotion to some Ayu fans.

I really do like Dearest and M but I think that she has had just as good/even better ballads.
Actually, Virgin Road reminds me a little bit of Dearest, in that they are both very sweat and pure sounding.
Old 19th September 2010, 05:28 AM
Initiate

M is too good, i don't care if is composed by CREA, when i first listened to it i didn't know anything about Ayu (just her name)
Old 19th September 2010, 05:38 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

wow, Virgin Road is really beautiful. I didn't like it at first, but once the chorus hit...
Old 19th September 2010, 05:43 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

was this pic not posted? from inside crossroad

she looks cute
Old 19th September 2010, 05:48 AM
until that Day… Initiate

^ wow thanks for sharing..
Ayu looks so cute on the glasses haha!
Old 19th September 2010, 05:49 AM
Daybreak Initiate

OMG WANT SCAN NOOOAAAWWW THAT GLASSES PIC IS TOO KAWAII!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavenly Zerase View Post
M is too good, i don't care if is composed by CREA, when i first listened to it i didn't know anything about Ayu (just her name)
Same. lol As a newer fan without the handicap of nostalgia, I can honestly say that I like most of her older work better. I just find a greater number of more interesting compositions/arrangements in her 2001-2004 work that I don't find as often in her more recent LP's. Just do.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, l 3a, l 50th single, last angel, single, virgin road