15th album title revealed to be 'Colours' - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th June 2014, 06:08 AM
Over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refix View Post
I wonder if the cover will be RAINBOW-ish or even become monochromatic like A-Best. Whichever it is, please deliver a good photoshoot with less tacky pose.
I was actually thinking about the same thing lol
....a colourful butterfly ayu standing/sitting on a bed of black/white roses (Endless sorrow cover!)

~Turn out the light~Turn up the bass~I wanna be front and center~Bring on the night~

Old 7th June 2014, 08:10 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlflight View Post
As an American English speaker, I could care less how Ayu spells her album's name. It's not like I won't buy this album because she doesn't spell "colors" like I do.
There are people on this forum who admit to using the cover of an album as the ultimate factor in purchasing it. How many times have you seen someone say "I'm waiting for the covers to see which version of the album I'll buy" or even "I'm waiting for the covers to see whether I'll buy the album or not"? I wouldn't put it past anyone on here to not buy it because of the spelling.
Old 7th June 2014, 11:46 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
There are people on this forum who admit to using the cover of an album as the ultimate factor in purchasing it. How many times have you seen someone say "I'm waiting for the covers to see which version of the album I'll buy" or even "I'm waiting for the covers to see whether I'll buy the album or not"? I wouldn't put it past anyone on here to not buy it because of the spelling.
And I find that really stupid.

Of course I would like an amazing cover for every album, but it's all about music. It doesn't matter how great the cover is if the songs are crap.

Old 7th June 2014, 10:03 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

If you're going to spend money, you want to have the most beautiful cover, lol.

Honestly, nowadays, you don't need a CD, you buy an album for the booklet and for the DVD or Blu-ray (if you like the videos and you want a good quality).

IMO.

TWICE

Old 7th June 2014, 11:17 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I buy CD only due to cost and I really only care about the music. I am interested to see what these covers will look like. And I hope to see a good quality version of the XOXO/Terminal cover at some point. I wonder if that cover is an indication of what the album cover will look like.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 8th June 2014, 12:23 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
If you're going to spend money, you want to have the most beautiful cover, lol.

Honestly, nowadays, you don't need a CD, you buy an album for the booklet and for the DVD or Blu-ray (if you like the videos and you want a good quality).

IMO.
What? I buy CDs for the CDs because I don't download any of my music. I rip the CDs at a specific bit rate that I know I wouldn't be able to find online.

I actually find it useless to buy CD+DVD/CD+Blu-ray versions for myself; unless they come with special stuff that the CD version doesn't come with. Or if they're on sale (LOVE again CD+Blu-ray for $25!? HOLLA!)
Old 8th June 2014, 12:30 AM
appears Initiate

The last cd I bought and put in my computer to rip was Namie Amuro's single TSUKI, so y'all can bet your ass I still buy cds to listen to. I download like there's no tomorrow, but I still buy cds all the time. Hell, I still own a walkman.
Old 16th June 2014, 07:48 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
The last cd I bought and put in my computer to rip was Namie Amuro's single TSUKI, so y'all can bet your ass I still buy cds to listen to. I download like there's no tomorrow, but I still buy cds all the time. Hell, I still own a walkman.
I also own a walkman. Somehow I think the sound quality is much better than iPod or iPhone
Old 16th June 2014, 06:40 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuuk View Post
I also own a walkman. Somehow I think the sound quality is much better than iPod or iPhone
It is.
CD quality is 1411kbps.
aac (itunes songs) are 256kbps
Old 16th June 2014, 08:40 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
And I find that really stupid.

Of course I would like an amazing cover for every album, but it's all about music. It doesn't matter how great the cover is if the songs are crap.
It's not all about music, it's about art, music is art, so covers have a great weight just like the songs. If it was all about the music people wouldn't spend time shooting covers, paying designers etc. Both music and art can't be split up. Think about CDs of a singer that you don't know yet, the first thing that would catch your attention are the covers.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:17 PM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by brener View Post
It's not all about music, it's about art, music is art, so covers have a great weight just like the songs. If it was all about the music people wouldn't spend time shooting covers, paying designers etc. Both music and art can't be split up. Think about CDs of a singer that you don't know yet, the first thing that would catch your attention are the covers.
i'd rather have a great album with shitty covers than a shitty album with amazing covers. At the end of the day, it's the music that we listen, we don't stare at the cover.

Old 16th June 2014, 09:21 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
i'd rather have a great album with shitty covers than a shitty album with amazing covers. At the end of the day, it's the music that we listen, we don't stare at the cover.
collectors do. people who buy an album for the cover. people who will never take their album out of the plastic. It seems these days as ayu loses followers, and her sales slowly decline the majority of fans is collectors and obsessors. people who buy an album simply to own it. people who must own a copy of every version of everything simply to own them. So yeah it sucks, but a lot of people really do buy albums just for the value.

Last edited by orangeakira; 16th June 2014 at 09:24 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:26 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
If the covers are like Namie's Ballada, I'm not sure about that
:x
j/K

TWICE

Old 16th June 2014, 09:31 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
I don't usually rip my CDs or listen to them, I download the songs. When I buy an album is to add it to my collection and sometimes just open it to appreciate the booklet and its beauty. And of course I'd rather have a great album with shitty covers than a shitty album with amazing covers, but what I'm saying is that we can't slip these two things, covers/booklet and music, both of them makes an album, one alone doesn't.

Last edited by brener; 16th June 2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old 16th June 2014, 09:46 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
I still own a walkman
Quote:
I also own a walkman
Walkman love!

It was the A Ballads cover that made me buy that album. And the fact that I was wanting some ballads but mainly the cover. I'd never heard any of Ayu's songs before I bought that album.

Tags
colours