Ayu is now on Spotify - Page 15 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 3rd July 2018, 05:45 PM
As if.. Initiate

I actually really like this mysterious demo. It has a very Summer diary-ish feel to it which I really enjoyed.
Old 3rd July 2018, 05:46 PM
walking proud Initiate

Okay, so it wasn't just me going crazy! I came across this song randomly yesterday as well. It sounds a bit boring, but too soon to say I think.
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:48 PM
SURREAL Initiate

The demo is #6 at AWA most streamed songs chart lmao
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:53 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ Honestly, I don't think it makes me happy. In my eyes, this whole situation is one big mess. Some weird way to make people talk... doesn't convince me and makes me feel embarrassed as a fan.
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:53 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
her power amazes me, love u queen ayu
Old 3rd July 2018, 11:13 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Not like I'm happy (in fact, I'd say it's funny) it just amaze me her power, if another random demo was released by x artist I doubt it would be charting, I think the fact that it has "Ayumi Hamasaki" as its artist is what makes the difference, and demostrates once again that people still care about her despite everything some people claim, wheter it was a mistake or a weird promotional campaign, I think it's working.
Old 4th July 2018, 12:14 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

The little synthy sound at the beginning of the demo is one of my favorite sounds lol.

I love when songs use that sound. I don't know what to call it, but it used to be in a lot of J-POP songs.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 4th July 2018, 01:30 AM
End of the World Initiate

I finally listened to it and it's very Ayu, I can almost hear her voice with it. It's nothing special but it's nice.
Old 4th July 2018, 02:39 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
Great news, it's a hint that their strategy is working somehow.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 4th July 2018, 07:28 AM
Sky high Protector

In this world you have to find new strategies to promote music. It's nice that it works well. So I don't see how it could be called a mess objectively. The more it is out of the ordinary, the more it has chance to work. If you stay in the usual path you won't be noticed.
Old 4th July 2018, 08:50 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think it seems like a mess because it looks as though they meant to submit it as a preview even 3 weeks ago when it was filed but then whoever did the paperwork for it failed to title it properly. At this point I think they may just ignore that this exists and release the 'real' thing later and be like here's a new song! That other 'single' didn't happen.

Last edited by truehappiness; 4th July 2018 at 08:53 AM.
Old 4th July 2018, 10:46 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
The little synthy sound at the beginning of the demo is one of my favorite sounds lol.

I love when songs use that sound. I don't know what to call it, but it used to be in a lot of J-POP songs.
It's my favourite bit as well!

I'm still surprised avex / Ayu still haven't commented on the demo, I kind of hope it will not stay on her Spotify!
Old 4th July 2018, 12:32 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The fandom is talking about it, a part of the media is talking about it, the demo reached top 10 on a streaminf service.

The campaingn is succesful.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th July 2018, 12:50 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

I am glad for her it's charting on AWA.
Though, streaming isn't really big in Japan (Spotify apparently only has about 200k users there e.g., Line Music apprently being the biggest platform) and according to RIAJ last year, the majority of Japanese people is using Youtube for listening to music (about 45%, only about 10% streaming sites, and about 40% using CDs - first time last year physical CDs were beaten).
I wonder why certain artists/companies don't use that knowledge further.
Youtube started their own streaming service in May in some countries and it's coming to Japan eventually as well.
Going to be intersting to see, if their service helps the streaming market in Japan.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 4th July 2018, 01:02 PM
As if.. Initiate

This HAS to have been done intentionally, right? The fact that it's charting, people are talking about it, news outlet are reporting it. There's just no way her, her team and the record label are oblivious to it all. Like if this was a mistake, they would've pulled it out asap as soon as news broke.
Old 4th July 2018, 02:19 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Geez...it IS a marketing technique. It has gotten people to talk about her. Just appreciate it and stop thinking its a mess. It was obviously an untitled demo that they sneakily leaked amidst her online summer promotion. For all you know, she hasnt even written the lyrics for it and just put it up to see if the reception is good. WHO KNOWS?

I was honestly quite meh if she just rehashed A SUMMER BEST and branded it as a new summer playlist but hey, now that there's this strange demo in there, totally got my attention. By the time the tune comes out officially, this demo would probbaly have had some listens and the actual track would give a feel of FAMILIARITY which is what marketing is intended to do - make something new seem familiar to you so that you actually buy it.
Old 4th July 2018, 02:50 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
^ Honestly, I don't think it makes me happy. In my eyes, this whole situation is one big mess. Some weird way to make people talk... doesn't convince me and makes me feel embarrassed as a fan.
Really embarassment? Isn't that a bit too much?
Everybody his/her preferations to its own, but to me it sounds a bit Ayu-stage-theatrics to feel ashamed.
No shade intended.

To me it sounds very intentional, well planned... it is even placed well-aimed (like someone said, right after her biggest hit and it even flows about right into MOON) I don't care about the summer playlist anyway, because therefore we have A SUMMER BEST. Now it sparks our interest, because of this demo. So yea.. I wouldn't view it as 'messy'.
I would say she nailed it.

Extra interest in new material now!

^ well said! @freedreamer

Old 4th July 2018, 05:53 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I think it is the laziest promotion I ever seen. Throw some random demo on spotify and let the people speculates about it and do the rest.

Sharing your work in progress isn't a good idea, it ruins the surprise factor and we will be already tired of the song when the real thing gets released, we might even remember more the midi track than the real track.
Old 4th July 2018, 05:55 PM
still alone Initiate

Even if it was a mistake, it's still pretty effective. It's still generating a decent amount of buzz. Fans are talking about Ayu's mysterious new song.
Old 4th July 2018, 06:01 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I think it is the laziest promotion I ever seen. Throw some random demo on spotify and let the people speculates about it and do the rest.

Sharing your work in progress isn't a good idea, it ruins the surprise factor and we will be already tired of the song when the real thing gets released, we might even remember more the midi track than the real track.
When she released MIJ people complained they didn’t wanna be surprised and that they would have much preferred her releasing singles first and anticipate the album. There is no way to make everyone happy I guess. I listened to the demo once...it’s your decision to have it on repeat

At least they are trying something new out.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 4th July 2018 at 06:07 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
spotify