New single 'Dreamed a Dream' by Tetsuya Komuro out July 31st, 2020 - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 30th July 2020, 11:05 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

A true Empress!
Spoiler:

I think someone did a simpler version of that on twitter.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 30th July 2020 at 11:47 PM.
Old 30th July 2020, 11:37 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
A true Empress!
Spoiler:

Lol that really is her signature post. Also Voyage, &, GUILTY, ...
Old 31st July 2020, 12:21 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Doesn't she usually use the "dream the same dream" phrase in relation to her fans and career? I think the song might be about that. But maybe it's just a theory lol
I thought the same. It could pertain to Max or fans. The Max connection is good as it’s like a “20 (or so) years later” following the conclusion of the drama. I could see the song playing at the close of the story.

But also I connected with the fan element and how she has made several songs about her “haters” or fans being nit picky and needy. I think she tires of that (of those “quarrels”) but in the end she realizes she’s still in it for the fans who are ultimately in it for her.
Old 31st July 2020, 12:30 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
A true Empress!
Spoiler:

This comparison just made me realise she's rocking her postpartum hair regrowth aha

on another note, DaD absolutely slaps, I almost feel as excited as I did in 2005 listening to an ayu song for the first time
Old 31st July 2020, 12:34 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Song is great, it sounds so refreshing and different.
Old 31st July 2020, 12:38 AM
Curtain call Initiate

I love that comparison, I wonder if it was on purpose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiza View Post
This comparison just made me realise she's rocking her postpartum hair regrowth aha
Regrowth? 5 months for me and my hair is just falling off in clumps T.T
Old 31st July 2020, 12:41 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
I love that comparison, I wonder if it was on purpose.

Regrowth? 5 months for me and my hair is just falling off in clumps T.T
Oh nooo, I hope it stops soon!! I got lucky and mine wasn't too bad, looked crazy with a ponytail for a while with all the wispies sticking up on end though! XD
Old 31st July 2020, 01:48 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I just love the song so much, she finally did a good song and not just and "ok" song.

I love everything except the strong "Uuuuu" she belts in the bridge, it seems to be a weird vowel to belt, not the most agreable, but it such a detail.
Old 31st July 2020, 01:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It helps that this is pretty much her first upbeat non-rockish and non-midtempo lead track in a reaaalllly long time. I think the last time she went remotely in that direction with a non-cover was in Colours? Later EDM explorations were usually not so well received, though Summer Love is great, I don't think it really was ever considered to be stellar.

Last edited by truehappiness; 31st July 2020 at 01:58 AM.
Old 31st July 2020, 02:21 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I just love the song so much, she finally did a good song and not just and "ok" song.

I love everything except the strong "Uuuuu" she belts in the bridge, it seems to be a weird vowel to belt, not the most agreable, but it such a detail.
I actually love that, she’s like carrying it in her throat which is interesting. It kinda reminds me of how she says certain parts in the opening of the track I am...

I like the song but the arrangement is a letdown compared to the remix. I don’t enjoy the piano in the background, the cheap little strings and such - that kind of “rolling over the hills” scenery that the song evokes - I thought of progress too which was mentioned already by true happiness. But the song has power and I love the tension from repeating the melody over and over before it finishes.
Old 31st July 2020, 02:23 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

There's a bit during a verse or chorus that really stands out as a progress moment with the strings. I think strings/piano helps keep it from being too TK-esque.
Old 31st July 2020, 02:38 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

ats- / Atsushi Sato did an arrangement! He usually does actual Ayu arrangements, lol! (Over, aeternal, WORDS, TODAY) Formerly as part of H/\L he is usually on his own lately. Also he produced some of Kalen's songs.
Holy shit I Love ats- and loved this version
Old 31st July 2020, 03:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

Actually rather than opening with this track, I could see her ending with it as a double encore or something. As it comes to an end I can see that intro part (from 00:16 onward) playing again on loop as they all take their final bows. The very beginning intro is also very fitting for starting after the lights go out and you think it’s the end but thar chaos starts and lights begin to flash.

Last edited by Zeke.; 31st July 2020 at 03:19 AM.
Old 31st July 2020, 03:18 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Seems like Dreamed a Dream will be included in the CDL19-20 limited edition! First press, I think? It's truly worth it this time.
https://twitter.com/ayu_19980408/sta...521869312?s=19

Old 31st July 2020, 03:20 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It looks like it's getting jammed on the same CD as Ohia no Ki too. Kind of a strange addition.
Old 31st July 2020, 03:22 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^True. Still nice it will get a physical release, albeit in an odd way.

Old 31st July 2020, 03:49 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I actually love that, she’s like carrying it in her throat which is interesting. It kinda reminds me of how she says certain parts in the opening of the track I am...

I like the song but the arrangement is a letdown compared to the remix. I don’t enjoy the piano in the background, the cheap little strings and such - that kind of “rolling over the hills” scenery that the song evokes - I thought of progress too which was mentioned already by true happiness. But the song has power and I love the tension from repeating the melody over and over before it finishes.
I am glad to read your comment because I shows that the things we dislike on the track aren't virtually bad but question of taste. Contrary to you, I like the background piano and the strings because they add some melancholy in the mix and I love it. I prefer the original over remixes, The original is more ''contained'' and I like that. Many people compares this song to Progress... to me it feels closer to We Are the Queens (with better lyrics).
Old 31st July 2020, 03:51 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I like it too. I mean Ayu does it in almost every song. Its her vocal quirk that I always loved. Keiko did this with her voice too.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 31st July 2020 at 04:28 AM.
Old 31st July 2020, 04:08 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It helps that this is pretty much her first upbeat non-rockish and non-midtempo lead track in a reaaalllly long time. I think the last time she went remotely in that direction with a non-cover was in Colours? Later EDM explorations were usually not so well received, though Summer Love is great, I don't think it really was ever considered to be stellar.
Agreed! I really missed this kind of song!

I liked the official version! It's cheerful without being too full and it's more remarkable than her latest releases imo
I hope those who have mixed the short version already will also make remixes of the full version, when we get a song with such strong melody, it'd be nice to have more versions just to keep listening to the "same" song XD if that makes any sense
Old 31st July 2020, 04:12 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuCanada View Post
I am glad to read your comment because I shows that the things we dislike on the track aren't virtually bad but question of taste. Contrary to you, I like the background piano and the strings because they add some melancholy in the mix and I love it. I prefer the original over remixes, The original is more ''contained'' and I like that. Many people compares this song to Progress... to me it feels closer to We Are the Queens (with better lyrics).
I generally love melancholy, I would inject it into my veins if I could. Lol. Missing is oozing with melancholy for example. But here it just feels out of place to me. I guess it matches the lyrics but it just waters down the power and/or tension. The melody is so playful and jumps around a lot, but that background piano isn’t so much. I love that the ats mix really took advantage of the playfulness and mirrored that in his arrangement to enhance that playfulness even further.
Closed Thread

Tags
dreamed a dream, kazuyoshi shimomura, tetsuya komuro