The Official Beyoncé Thread - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > General Music Chat

Notices

Old 17th October 2008, 09:27 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
^Beyonce has another heritage in her but I forgot. I think it was Native American or something of that sort. =/ Her mom is mixed.
Yeah, her moms is Native American, African American and French. But Beyonce's gotta be at least 3/4 black.
Old 17th October 2008, 09:31 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
But Beyonce is definitely going for a race-less image, IMO. She's trying to appeal to white, black and Hispanic audiences, but she just ends up looking really strange. Half the time I mistake her for Mariah Carey, who is African-American and Euro-American, and Shakira, who is Spanish, Italian and Lebanese. But back in the day she actually looked black, because she was targeting African-American listeners. Now I feel like she's lost a lot of that realness.
This is what this L'Oreal controversy is really about. The media have this image of what being black is but a lot of us don't look like that. Black people don't come in one shade. Some of us choose to straighten our hair because it's a pain to deal with otherwise. They don't know what being really black is. Some of us go crazy trying to look like what people think we should look like. We change color depending on the amount of sun. A tan. There is no such thing in America as race-less. We have to have a race. Beyonce is Black in America and no amount of airbrushing is going to change that. It's useless.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:55 AM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundae View Post
This is what this L'Oreal controversy is really about. The media have this image of what being black is but a lot of us don't look like that. Black people don't come in one shade. Some of us choose to straighten our hair because it's a pain to deal with otherwise. They don't know what being really black is. Some of us go crazy trying to look like what people think we should look like. We change color depending on the amount of sun. A tan. There is no such thing in America as race-less. We have to have a race. Beyonce is Black in America and no amount of airbrushing is going to change that. It's useless.
LOL, I'm sorry but no black people have platinum blonde hair and bleached skin like Beyonce. Her stans can argue til the cows come home that black people come in all shades (which I'm well aware of) but she has done a lot to look almost Barbie-like. I mean, isn't Solange the one who actually bleached her own baby? Between the lightening creams, the blonde dye and the plastic surgery, Bee is really gunning for this ~racially ambiguous~ image but it's really just alienating a lot of people from her.
Old 17th October 2008, 01:19 PM
Far away Initiate

I'm so happy she's going to realease an Spanish Version ^^
hope she sings again in spanish on her Madrid/Barcelona shows

i love both songs they's great, but Single Ladies is better.
can't wait for the realease date ^^

and i read that maybe she'll be nominated in this categories at the Grammy 2009:

Record Of The Year-If I Were A Boy
Song Of The Year-If I Were A Boy
Best female pop Performance-If I Were A Boy
Best R&B Song-Single Ladies
Best Female R&B Performance-Single Ladies
Best Traditional R&B Performance-At Last
Best Pop Collaboration-just stand up
Best Short Fom Music Video-Flaws And All Live
Best Long From Music Video-The Beyonce Experience

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Last edited by fuawas; 17th October 2008 at 01:56 PM.
Old 17th October 2008, 03:56 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Wow I'm all sorts of lost... I never knew there was such contraversy with Beyonce and whether or not she looks black enough... <_<;;; She was always just Beyonce, the talented song-writer/singer to me...
Old 17th October 2008, 04:02 PM
Initiate

i don't like her two new songs , they 're different to what she did in past , but it'll be great if she can be nominated Grammy , good luck to her .
Old 17th October 2008, 07:23 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
LOL, I'm sorry but no black people have platinum blonde hair and bleached skin like Beyonce. Her stans can argue til the cows come home that black people come in all shades (which I'm well aware of) but she has done a lot to look almost Barbie-like. I mean, isn't Solange the one who actually bleached her own baby? Between the lightening creams, the blonde dye and the plastic surgery, Bee is really gunning for this ~racially ambiguous~ image but it's really just alienating a lot of people from her.
You just proved my point. Your image of a black person doesn't fit on Beyonce so you concluded she isn't trying to be black. Media would tell you that the ideal Asian has black hair, black eyes, and narrow eyes, but does every Asian look like that? Ayumi has dyed her hair a light brown. Is she trying to attract more white people? No, she just made the choice to dye her hair like that. Look. A black child with natural blond hair.

Besides people don't think like that. They don't go 'When Britney Spears had brown hair she was okay but now that she has blond hair I like her a lot more' Unless they're racist. Mary J Blige dyed her hair blond and she isn't trying to attract whites. Bee only alienates the narrow minded people who won't let go of what black beauty is supposed to be. What does that say about a person who looks down on others who don't look like what they are 'supposed' to look like?
Old 17th October 2008, 09:48 PM
dddaiyamondo

^The funny thing is that 90% of the people giving Beyonce flack are black people who feel offended by the fact that she is going for a blonde hair, light skinned image. You can post pictures of those kids who have naturally blonde hair (but mind you they only number in the thousands in the entire world) but it's not going to stop the controversy. Obviously with the strange quotes about how she wishes she was born ~Hispanic~, her plastic surgeries on her nose, her skin bleaching and her hair dying, the girl is definitely is trying to change her image on a racial level.
Old 17th October 2008, 10:20 PM
Trauma Initiate

^ I agree! Beyonce looks pretty whatever shade she's in. It's very saddening people feel the need to bleach their skin though.

Anyway, the I Am covers look cheap and hideous. Change them, quick!

ohaayoo, wutashee noo nahmaeh wa austin desu 8D
luls

flavors.me | last.fm | facebook

Old 17th October 2008, 10:33 PM
dddaiyamondo

^Yeah, I hate the covers. They look so 90s, but not in a good way. They give me a serious "janet." vibe.

Last edited by dddaiyamondo; 17th October 2008 at 10:40 PM.
Old 19th October 2008, 10:33 AM
Who... Initiate

i just cant wait to see them selling @_@ hoho i love beyonce :3
Old 19th October 2008, 05:42 PM
Far away Initiate

she's in the cover of InStyle:

the scans:

Twitter | Last.fm | Goodreads

Old 19th October 2008, 10:58 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Gosh I love her outfits in this shoot! I know I can't afford it but I'm curious about who designed them and where they can be purchased.... you know, in case I win the lottery hahaha
Old 19th October 2008, 11:38 PM
Trauma Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian_ayumi View Post
the scans:
Awkward. :/

ohaayoo, wutashee noo nahmaeh wa austin desu 8D
luls

flavors.me | last.fm | facebook

Old 20th October 2008, 04:38 AM
Banned

^Hater please make an exit!

OMG! Those scans are hot. My fave pic is the one with the blue dress. It's so cute. Oh, how I wish I could own those outfits she's wearing.

Anyway, Single Ladies is stuck in my head. I did a lil bit of the dance with my friend earlier today. XD I definitely can't wait til the deluxe comes out.
Old 20th October 2008, 06:12 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv ~Venus~ View Post
^Hater please make an exit!

OMG! Those scans are hot. My fave pic is the one with the blue dress. It's so cute. Oh, how I wish I could own those outfits she's wearing.

Anyway, Single Ladies is stuck in my head. I did a lil bit of the dance with my friend earlier today. XD I definitely can't wait til the deluxe comes out.
The blue outfit is my favorite too!
Old 20th October 2008, 07:34 AM
sending mail Initiate

I actually liked 'If I were a Boy' 'Single Ladies' was alright.

Old 20th October 2008, 08:34 AM
dddaiyamondo

That whole shoot is a big NO. What are them brows?
Old 20th October 2008, 11:33 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

the brows are bad imo. love u girl, but no.
Old 20th October 2008, 03:54 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I dunno, I love her eyebrows.... probably because I don't have much of em... I'm quite envious of hers D:

Tags
beyonce, divalicious, icon, sasha