[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Party Queen~ II - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th March 2012, 04:31 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetGirl View Post
wtf? why would I think Im wrong, Im just not a person who forces my own opinion on others, I dont have a problem if they want to believe what they want. I leave discussion cause I see no point in discussing katy and lady gaga. Whoever sees that as the way of boosting their ego its their problem. I couldnt care less.
You are funny
Spoiler:
Let me see,

1. You are distributing false information
2. When people prove you wrong, you keep holding on them
3. After multiple people prove you wrong, you decide to completely ignore it, and
4. Now you're acting all ignorant.

And you were the one bringing up the whole Katy and Lady Gaga. And you also were not (still not) making any point(s) either, so it's a good thing you're finally quitting.
But whatever, it is going very off topic now.
Old 27th March 2012, 04:48 PM
GREEN Initiate

Which I dont understand that anyways...
isn't kuu and Ayumi in thier 30's now?
Old 27th March 2012, 04:54 PM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
Which I dont understand that anyways...
isn't kuu and Ayumi in thier 30's now?
Yup. Technically, Kuu will be 30 in November, but close enough. I dunno, these days I don't really see age as a huge factor. Ayu and Kuu in their 30s. Many older popular rock bands are well into their 30s in Japan. Here in the West, J.Lo and Madonna are still around and on TV, but then you have Justin Beiber who has barely hit puberty. Ages are all over the place.

Old 27th March 2012, 05:06 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didz-19 View Post
Please stop comparing Ayu and Ku-chan...both of them are different..although I love Ayu, I also love Ku-chan~~please stop!!
Please, oh please grow up. Seriously. When it comes to music and their images they are different, but when it comes to sales, they are as comparable as any other artist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdolce View Post
Comparing Kuu and Ayu is just as annoying as that "Why are you even here if you don't love Ayu" question imo so why can't these things just stop already? I love both of them and it annoys me to see these two always being compared to each other in every way I can think of. -.-'
Why? They're both avex's A-list artists and both are considered divas in their own ways. Comparing the ways their respective managements are promoting them and the sales is interesting and I can't see how it hurts anyone. No one is really comparing their works...

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th March 2012, 05:27 PM
appears Initiate

[QUOTE=njanjayrp;2842938]Please, oh please grow up. Seriously. When it comes to music and their images they are different, but when it comes to sales, they are as comparable as any other artist.

What? LOL! I'm a 28 years old guy, I don't really care how many does Ayu or Kumi sold! But I know that I'm not like some of you guys who keep on whining bout her sale...If you guys want to keep her sale increasing, please, Oh please buy atleast a thousand copies of her album next time then, you all can keep on smiling and satisfied with her sales figure.
Old 27th March 2012, 05:33 PM
I am... Initiate

[QUOTE=Didz-19;2842950]
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Please, oh please grow up. Seriously. When it comes to music and their images they are different, but when it comes to sales, they are as comparable as any other artist.

What? LOL! I'm a 28 years old guy, I don't really care how many does Ayu or Kumi sold! But I know that I'm not like some of you guys who keep on whining bout her sale...If you guys want to keep her sale increasing, please, Oh please buy atleast a thousand copies of her album next time then, you all can keep on smiling and satisfied with her sales figure.
Maybe some people are just interested in the business, which includes sales?
Old 27th March 2012, 05:34 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Well in that case act your own age and stop asking for impossible. I don't care that much about it either, but it gives people something to discuss and it's not like people are really arguing. But no, before even reading the whole convo it's always the easiest thing to tell everyone to shut up because you can't handle them being compared in any way.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th March 2012, 05:35 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard from Hellsing View Post
There's one thing I don't understand about Ayu's and many other artists sales in Japan in general. Her sales r pretty much going ONLY downhill after RAINBOW (I'm not counting best albums here). So it's not about music quality. If u look at western artists u will see that some albums sell better some don't sell that good. They have their ups and downs. Here sales just keep on going downhill. Is she like losing 100k fans every year or Japan just doesn't bout her anymore. Seems like Namie is the only artist who really has ups and downs. And again looking at Namie you can' say it's bout physical sales only.
Physical sales have been going down for the majority - not just Ayumi. Mind, it's been almost a decade since RAINBOW's release and the internet is much more easily accessible and faster than it was then. Most people would rather stay in and download it rather than go to the store or order online and have to wait for it to arrive - and the digital sales aren't being counted here (and then, of course, there are the people who are downloading it illegally so that will hinder sales).

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuXAyu-fan View Post
CRAP LOAD of promotion? What? It doesn't matter when you have 17 PVs on an album when nobody has heard any of them. That's like saying stuffing an album with 30 tracks is promotion. Kumi did nothing to promote her album the month of release and had no tie-ins for her album tracks.
Kumi was already in the media around the time of the album because of her marriage/pregnancy announcements in December. This isn't "promotion", as such, but it definitely promoted (positive) awareness. Unlike Ayu's divorce which looks to have been received in a more negative light.

last.fm

Old 27th March 2012, 05:49 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinfonietta View Post
Kumi was already in the media around the time of the album because of her marriage/pregnancy announcements in December. This isn't "promotion", as such, but it definitely promoted (positive) awareness. Unlike Ayu's divorce which looks to have been received in a more negative light.
Kumi has received a lot of negative feedback as well because of her "shotgun" wedding. So it's not exactly positive either.

倖田來未
浜崎あゆみ
中森明菜
松田聖子
鈴木亜美

Old 27th March 2012, 05:50 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Well in that case act your own age and stop asking for impossible. I don't care that much about it either, but it gives people something to discuss and it's not like people are really arguing. But no, before even reading the whole convo it's always the easiest thing to tell everyone to shut up because you can't handle them being compared in any way.
How is it impossible if you really care about her sales? I'm not asking for anything~I'm just saying if you really care about her sale, then buy lots of copies of her album (a thousand!). Discuss? Really? Most people in AHS usually arguing (like now). and of course I don't have the time to read the previous pages/posts, it's not like I have more time to read your whining! i can't tell the AHS community to stop comparing, but not all of us really like to compare~ AYU is AYU! You do know that! Even if you compare her with Kumi-chan or Namie or Yuna Ito, they're all different!!! Musically or sales figures!

Last edited by Didz-19; 27th March 2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: owhh..before people even start to think I'm comparing Ayu with other artist that I mention, I really love Yuna, Namie & Kumi!
Old 27th March 2012, 05:50 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by haikudasai View Post
While music is an art, the music business is a business. Those things look good for the artist and anyone who wants to give them more money for better production. The absolute most important thing (especially for a pop singer like Ayumi) are sales.
I was talking more from the perspective of a fan. There's just a lot of worry around here since PQ's release about her sales and streaks etc. I was just saying from a fans perspective it shouldn't matter.

But since you brought it up with me I may as well reply

I understand that music is also a business but I beg to differ that an artist like Ayu needs streaks, records and numbers to look good nowadays when her amazing legacy is already stamped, sealed and bolted in Japan. It's a fact she will always be remembered for years to come even if she decided to retire tomorrow due to the records she's set herself.

So even on the business side I don't think it should matter anymore as I think this is a natural fall for any artist who releases albums as frequent as Ayu does. I mean, I'm amazed she's still able to shake the charts up after nearly 14 years of non stop releases

Of course, I would love if she had a big comeback the way Namie Amuro did but I'm personally happy if she just keeps releasing new music for us.

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 27th March 2012, 06:04 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

+100.000!! Cool!! Waiting for 150.000 in monthly(or yearly ) album chart!!

-Afraid of Tell All chorus-

Old 27th March 2012, 06:22 PM
P.S II Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
I was talking more from the perspective of a fan. There's just a lot of worry around here since PQ's release about her sales and streaks etc. I was just saying from a fans perspective it shouldn't matter.

But since you brought it up with me I may as well reply

I understand that music is also a business but I beg to differ that an artist like Ayu needs streaks, records and numbers to look good nowadays when her amazing legacy is already stamped, sealed and bolted in Japan. It's a fact she will always be remembered for years to come even if she decided to retire tomorrow due to the records she's set herself.

So even on the business side I don't think it should matter anymore as I think this is a natural fall for any artist who releases albums as frequent as Ayu does. I mean, I'm amazed she's still able to shake the charts up after nearly 14 years of non stop releases

Of course, I would love if she had a big comeback the way Namie Amuro did but I'm personally happy if she just keeps releasing new music for us.
I do agree that sales shouldn't matter on some levels, don't get me wrong. I don't think they should matter when it comes to starting fights about two artists that aren't similar; a healthy debate is fine though. I do think they're vital to the artist to continue to get music out for their fans.

For new coming artists, even they worry. It's a big deal for them to become successful (especially in the Pop world). I'm sure you already know. Just reiterating.

I made the comment "(especially for a pop singer like Ayumi)" I only meant in the genre of pop. If Ayumi* or someone less successful all of the sudden lost a ton of sales and concerts, you wouldn't get the same quality music sound or video production.

Sales also let execs and even artists know what's trending. She has to stay current or know what the future curve will be.

*Granted, I know Ayumi has quite a few friends in high places that she could still get the good stuff for years to come.

Just a general comment, not necessarily directed at you :] Irish pride!

Old 27th March 2012, 06:29 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Aah finally it hit +100k. Congratulation!
Old 27th March 2012, 06:29 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeyChan View Post
+100.000!! Cool!! Waiting for 150.000 in monthly(or yearly ) album chart!!
Yeah!!! I hope the album sales will be steady from now on. This album deserves the sales so much, it's one of her best ones if you ask me!
Old 27th March 2012, 06:30 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
How is it impossible if you really care about her sales? I'm not asking for anything~I'm just saying if you really care about her sale, then buy lots of copies of her album (a thousand!). Discuss? Really? Most people in AHS usually arguing (like now). and of course I don't have the time to read the previous pages/posts, it's not like I have more time to read your whining! i can't tell the AHS community to stop comparing, but not all of us really like to compare~ AYU is AYU! You do know that! Even if you compare her with Kumi-chan or Namie or Yuna Ito, they're all different!!! Musically or sales figures!
People can care about the sales and not buy 1000s of copies. Being interested in sales doesn't mean you have to buy more than 1 copy. Considering you don't have the time to read thru the thread I wonder how did u come up with the conclusion that people are arguing? o.O If you don't like to compare them, simply stay out of the discussion. Their sales should and will always be compared as long as they are relevant. The day one of them bombs completely they'll prolly stop being compared.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th March 2012, 06:48 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ yep! I only ever buy one copy of Ayumi's albums and singles, but i love checking on her sales...
I think it has something to do with how many people can hear it for me...
I see high sales and i see that her messages is getting out there...
corny i know... but that how i am!
Old 27th March 2012, 07:00 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ yep! I only ever buy one copy of Ayumi's albums and singles, but i love checking on her sales...
I think it has something to do with how many people can hear it for me...
I see high sales and i see that her messages is getting out there...
corny i know... but that how i am!
I agree! I think there's just some...pride in seeing your faves do well, isn't there? And high sales also tend to mean high budgets so it's great to be a fan of an artist that sells lots of copies.
Old 27th March 2012, 07:26 PM
GREEN Initiate

yeah...

But I also think that Ayumi is such a force that she can funnel as much money as she wants into an album...
I do have to say after listening to this album for so much know...
The quality of Party Queen (the song) is just lacking... I mean, how the music kinda goes out during the second Kampi! is just... amateur work for me!
Old 27th March 2012, 07:30 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ I pretty much feel the same about it. At first I didn't like it much, but the song has grown on me quite a bit, though it still feels quite unpolished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
I agree! I think there's just some...pride in seeing your faves do well, isn't there? And high sales also tend to mean high budgets so it's great to be a fan of an artist that sells lots of copies.
I am not sure why people fail to understand that.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, oricon, party queen