[News] New Album TROUBLE on 15th August - Page 18 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 24th July 2018, 06:28 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

I never thought I'd see the day where someone is straight up grabbing her breast on a cover lol. It's sort of tacky but it does work with the "trouble" theme. Where are these badass songs to go with the theme of the album because I'm soo ready. Really really love all of the other photos from this shoot, she looks absolutely stunning and natural with her posing and makeup. I love these types of shoots from her way more than the super posed glamorous ones.
Old 24th July 2018, 07:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

I can't see any concept here. All 3 covers are completely different and don't match with each over
Old 24th July 2018, 07:37 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

However the Deluxe cover is not really my cup of tea, I like the photoshoot that comes with it but holy damn, that is expensive. Google calculated that it is about 142 euros and no please... that is extremely expensive for what you are getting.

Also so what is te difference between jacket A or B? Just the cover?

Edit; oh wait. Apparantly I have the most expensive version calculated. The others are 71 euro. Still expensive, that is food for a month.

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 24th July 2018 at 08:15 AM.
Old 24th July 2018, 07:45 AM
TO BE Initiate

I don't like deluxe cover. I couldn't believe what I was looking at.
Old 24th July 2018, 07:50 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
I never thought I'd see the day where someone is straight up grabbing her breast on a cover lol. It's sort of tacky but it does work with the "trouble" theme. Where are these badass songs to go with the theme of the album because I'm soo ready. Really really love all of the other photos from this shoot, she looks absolutely stunning and natural with her posing and makeup. I love these types of shoots from her way more than the super posed glamorous ones.
Wait... that is good to mention.. The theme: #metoo movement???????
Someone who has power used to harass ayu sexually???? Look at that expensive watch.. it symbolizes the guy is wealthy and grab her boobs (deluxe cover) and she pretends she is ok (smile cover) but in deep she is not (serious half face cover)???

If this is theme, it makes sense why We are the QUEENS is in the track list.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Last edited by kotora; 24th July 2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 24th July 2018, 07:52 AM
P.S II Initiate

Thou I don’t have any expectation, but, I really didn’t expect the cover... I’m confused by the deluxe cover when I first look at it, is it for TROUBLE or mag ads or poster at CK store? I don’t know
Old 24th July 2018, 08:00 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
Well this one makes me think about an advertising for CK or you know for sport xD The pic is nice but really not fitting for a cover album imo.
I much prefer the CD only version A !
Old 24th July 2018, 08:07 AM

Someone here said this release looks like haters would have predicted her releases would look like in the future. Unfortunately this is very true.
This release is a total scam in every aspect and how on earth Ayu can release this without being ashamed is beyond me.

First of all, after two years, there are only three new songs on this so called "album". And no need to compare this to Memorial address, since this mini wasn't released after two years of nothing but with a very tight release schedule.
I couldn't care less about that there is no real theme behind the covers, because let's be honest, the times of great cover art are long long gone. But that she basically did an ad for CK this time is not even funny anymore. It's as if she doesn't respect her music and art at all anymore. I'm sure she gets paid for this kind of advertisement and has some kind of contract. Regarding the price for the box set this is more than just greedy. This is what bothers me most. It's so heavily overpriced I don't even know what to say anymore.
It's common for a lot of artists to release the same album with different DVD editions, so no hard feelings there. I'm always buying both DVD editions for Acid Black Cherry's albums, for example, who is also under avex by the way and who's sales are better than Ayu's (I'm saying this so that no one can say that this is normal for artists less popular than Ayu or has something to do with avex). But normally a full studio album plus a concert DVD plus deluxe packaging plus a normal booklet plus another booklet, with drawn pictures and a story that goes with the album, costs me around 5000¥. TROUBLE, which is a mini album, costs twice as much. Adding a key chain isn't an excuse for another 5000¥.
This is beyond greedy and I'm disappointed that Ayu actually decided to release this.
She could as well release a 3 A-side single, with WATQ and WORDS as different bonus tracks for different versions. That would actually be a normal and fair release.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 24th July 2018 at 08:16 AM.
Old 24th July 2018, 08:07 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Part of me feels like in August we’ll get news of another “album” being released in September, with another 5 tracks, and that’s how she’ll be able to fill out a tour starting in October based on the album. Coupled with part 2 of the tour.

Feels? Hopes? Lol
Now that you say it... I can believe 2nd Mini Album in September with Chapter 2 and CDL, of course splitted up again in 2 expensive box sets....

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023

Last edited by ~angel*ayumi~; 24th July 2018 at 08:34 AM.
Old 24th July 2018, 08:28 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Someone here said this release looks like haters would have predicted her releases would look like in the future. Unfortunately this is very true.
This release is a total scam in every aspect and how on earth Ayu can release this without being ashamed is beyond me.

First of all, after two years, there are only three new songs on this so called "album". And no need to compare this to Memorial address, since this mini wasn't released after two years of nothing but with a very tight release schedule.
I couldn't care less about that there is no real theme behind the covers, because let's be honest, the times of great cover art are long long gone. But that she basically did an ad for CK this time is not even funny anymore. It's as if she doesn't respect her music and art at all anymore. I'm sure she gets paid for this kind of advertisement and has some kind of contract. Regarding the price for the box set this is more than just greedy. This is what bothers me most. It's so heavily overpriced I don't even know what to say anymore.
It's common for a lot of artists to release the same album with different DVD editions, so no hard feelings there. I'm always buying both DVD editions for Acid Black Cherry's albums, for example, who is also under avex by the way and who's sales are better than Ayu's (I'm saying this so that no one can say that this is normal for artists less popular than Ayu or has something to do with avex). But normally a full studio album plus a concert DVD plus deluxe packaging plus a normal booklet plus another booklet, with drawn pictures and a story that goes with the album, costs me around 5000¥. TROUBLE, which is a mini album, costs twice as much. Adding a key chain isn't an excuse for another 5000¥.
This is beyond greedy and I'm disappointed that Ayu actually decided to release this.
She could as well release a 3 A-side single, with WATQ and WORDS as different bonus tracks for different versions. That would actually be a normal and fair release.
It's really hard to disagree...I don't mind the random product placement that much, but if there are really only 5 tracks this is really showing that they have no respect for their customers, albeit no one is making us buy anything.

Considering the venues she'll be doing, the concert tickets are over-priced as well.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 24th July 2018, 08:31 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Such flawless covers wasted on only 5 songs...
Old 24th July 2018, 08:35 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

I get the complaining about the lack of new songs, I get the complaoning about the CK "AD" (altough it doesn´t bother me that much) but I srsly don´t get the complaining about the price.
1944¥ (Mini Album, normal price) + 7,884¥ (Blu-Ray, took price from MiJ) = 9828¥
So that makes 540¥ for the Box and the goods.

Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
Old 24th July 2018, 08:38 AM
Sky high Protector

I'm glad that they released covers and goods. Now I know which version I'll buy. I can't wait to be at home to do it!
I can't wait to get this beauty in my hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
Wait... that is good to mention.. The theme: #metoo movement???????
Someone who has power used to harass ayu sexually???? Look at that expensive watch.. it symbolizes the guy is wealthy and grab her boobs (deluxe cover) and she pretends she is ok (smile cover) but in deep she is not (serious half face cover)???

Well it might be something like that. Her expression on the box looks as if she is asking herself What should I do? mixing with surprise. She doesn't look happy or look as she like that.
Old 24th July 2018, 08:41 AM
TO BE Initiate

Her face on the Deluxe version is very disturbing. I don't know what to think.
Old 24th July 2018, 08:47 AM
Two of us Initiate

Could anyone tell me, if there is a different version for TeamAyu members?
I've been thinking about joining for quite some time now and a special TeamAyu package of the new (mini-) Album would be very nice.
Old 24th July 2018, 08:51 AM

I highly doubt that there is any hidden message behind those covers. On the contrary, I think the photographer and Ayu just thought this would be "cool" and "fashionable". The CK ad cover looks exactly as disturbing as most ads out there do. I mean, in most ads women are portrayed as powerless puppets and a lot of fashion ads are rapey af. This is no different.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 24th July 2018 at 09:08 AM.
Old 24th July 2018, 08:53 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberatio View Post
Could anyone tell me, if there is a different version for TeamAyu members?
I've been thinking about joining for quite some time now and a special TeamAyu package of the new (mini-) Album would be very nice.
1st post has a picture of the vinyl pouch you get when you purchase both Boxes through TA, so nothing special that is worth the fee if you are not a member allready.

Old 24th July 2018, 08:56 AM
too late Initiate

It's not gonna do anything to engage anyone but fans, I suspect the general public will just do a collective eyeroll that ayu the obaasan is up to her old tricks again
Old 24th July 2018, 08:56 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post

If this is theme, in tracklist would be songs like Warning, not two pale untitled yet demos. I can see "trouble" only on covers
Old 24th July 2018, 09:09 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~angel*ayumi~ View Post
1st post has a picture of the vinyl pouch you get when you purchase both Boxes through TA, so nothing special that is worth the fee if you are not a member allready.
Ah super, danke! :-)
It's indeed nothing special... and a tad too pink for my taste anyways lol
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble