[CHARTS + SALES] GUILTY - ORICON STYLE Thread 5 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th June 2008, 03:18 PM
BRILLANTE Initiate

GUILTY is out from top 300 so it's stop charting now
Old 8th June 2008, 03:26 PM
WE WISH Initiate

^ Awww....

Thats too bad.
Anyhow, it did a good job on the charts even though it killed her #1 streaks.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 11th June 2008, 01:47 AM
SCAR Initiate

Well, if an album can get 60k and get #1, we know that to us, she'll always be #1 WAHAHA.

Anyway, I think guilty had a good run, considering it only had two singles...

YOU ARE FUNNY
Old 11th June 2008, 02:46 AM
rainy day Initiate

Poor GUILTY. Everytime I forget that she didn't hit #1 it pops up out of nowhere and I have to be angered all over again.
Old 11th June 2008, 06:11 AM
appears Initiate

Well dude, If albums can hit #1 with like, 30,000 in sales and this had 400,000, it was just a bad decision to release.

On almost any other week in the entire year it WOULD have gotten number one.

my current jam

Ayumi Hamasaki - GREEN
Old 11th June 2008, 06:24 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

It'll always be #1 to me, even if Oricon didn't think so.
Old 12th June 2008, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieAyuMix View Post
I liked Secret a lot more than GUILTY, I don't know know I just never really got into GUILTY it just wasn't that solid of an album in my opinion.
I agree, and after a few months I have found out my personal reason why I have in my mind that I don't like the album:

It's just too much of the same emotion. Almost every-freaking-song on the album is a depressive or angry song. Then a lot of songs are rock. I like rock, but not JUST rock. That's my main reason for not liking the album. When I think about listening to the album, my mind goes like "ungh...not ALL those depressive rock songs again!". While, in fact, those rock songs seperately are quite amazing. Just not all together. It's too much of the same thing.

My second reason is the interludes. Four interludes is simply too many. It is. Either make it a mini-album or a full album with full songs. My mind can't decide on this. I'm not sure why on this yet. But if I take out the interludes on my playlist I seem to have a larger urge to play the album... While the interludes themselves are pretty good, they just give a very cheap and empty feeling to me about the album.

@_@

I'm sad it got #2, too. It could have gotten #1 in any other week, as ^ said. That makes the album just a LITTLE less good for me too. (I have a weak for polls and stuff lol. I'm easily influenced.)
Old 12th June 2008, 05:22 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose View Post

My second reason is the interludes. Four interludes is simply too many. It is. Either make it a mini-album or a full album with full songs. My mind can't decide on this. I'm not sure why on this yet. But if I take out the interludes on my playlist I seem to have a larger urge to play the album... While the interludes themselves are pretty good, they just give a very cheap and empty feeling to me about the album.
That's why I don't think GUILTY is that special as well. There are only ten songs and the album doesn't flow very good to me. When I'm getting into the mood of glitter/MY ALL, for example, there's a change and after a ballad the album ends. o_O It seemd a little rushed for me. I'd rather have a mini-album with 8 songs.
Anyway, I LOVE this album, but not much as most of her other ones ^^
Old 12th June 2008, 05:49 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

GUILTY it's so incomplete.
10 songs and 4 interludes, WTH!? If she puts two more songs, maybe was beautiful, as others. Unfortunately, it's only a nice album. Very dark, and with few great songs (talkin' 2 myself, Together When..., Mirror and Marionette). Maybe this will be remember for the 'Album with the bests interludes' 'cause are very gorgeus (except reBirth)

Old 13th June 2008, 05:19 AM
WE WISH Initiate

^ That's why I don't like GUILTY in some reasons: too much interludes, too little full tracks.

I like the entire album art and the mood of an album but it should be a mini-album instead if they removed too much interludes especially for Marionette.

The interlude for it should be on THAT full track instead.
What do you think?

And there is a feeling that this album was rushed again.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 13th June 2008, 10:20 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Well I dont know.
Mirror could have been a full track from the beginning.
I love Marionette -prelude-. Its very diffrent from her usual preludes so that one should have been there imo.
The Judgement Day is splendid but OMG that one reaaaally should have been a full track.
reBIRTH could stay or go away. I dont really care about that one.

Anyway, in this way we would have only 1-2 interludes and two full tracks more and in this way GUILTY would have been sooo perfect imo. ^^

But othervice then this I love GUILTY and yeah, I dont think there is much that is wrong with it. Only those little things, so I still enjoy GUILTY alot. ^^

[Video] Key ~eternal tie ver.~_______LJ Blog________[Video] A History
[BIG SALE! Ayu CDs/DVDs/Goods/Ayupans and more!]
AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 13th June 2008, 02:19 PM
Banned

^

Hmm..I'm not sure..What do you mean with rushed? Secret really WAS rushed, but I completely love it.

I don't think Marionette should be combined with the prelude, though. It'd be like the boring Mirrorcle World intro. Fun the first 2 times and then meh.
Old 16th June 2008, 04:16 AM
Don't look back Initiate

i think the lack of enuf singles brought people's expectations of GUILTY to be lower...so probably thats why they didnt buy...

t2m/decision - despite being superb songs...i think the japanese dun really adore these rock songs? i duno, it always seems the case....so probably they expected the same and hence, didnt buy the dark album...

Hope Ayu picks up happily this time...and make a nice fun album like (m)u
Old 16th June 2008, 09:04 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Or like MY STORY. Pink, cute and giiiiiiiiiiirlish. ^^ That always goes home. ;P

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
We had such a nice time. We started dating in t2m PV, took it slow you know, let our love grow. Then it got really serious in 2008. Then after AT2009 we moved in together. It was lovely. Then on AT2010 he asked me to marry him. He was such a sweet. And Ayu gave us our blessings. She was also such a sweet. Now me and Maro are such a sweets together. Aaaw, how time flies.
Old 19th June 2008, 09:37 PM
Naturally Initiate

If she makes a lighter album, I'd rather have a LOVEppears-like album - fun songs, but meaningful lyrics. (m)u feels to me like it was too americanized for Ayu and the lyrics are overall quite weak, meh. MY STORY I consider a rock album, so not much of a change o_______O

But really, a lot of bad stuff was happening to Ayu lately, so that's probably what influenced her into making a dark album. This time around she seems to be feeling better, so the next one will probably be more balanced, I think. It still will probably sell less than GUILTY though, IMO... I feel like it's very hard to get your album sales up after you're already past your peak... isn't it? First they go up and up, then down and down, that's what's normal... I think. I'm happy enough that the drop from Secret and GUILTY was small~

BTW I don't understand what people have against the Marionette prelude, it's one of her best interludes EVER. And it gives lots of emphasis to the main song, which is like the climax of the album (IMO). GUILTY had such great interludes XD reBiRTH was the only boring one ne. And it's still not that bad, I like how the melody sounds happy and hopeful in the beggining, than it distorts a bit and starts sounding dark-ish and almost creepy-ish, and in the end goes back to hopeful. It does feel a bit like a rebirth haha.
Wa, I love this album<3

チャレンジは馬鹿げたこと リスク 回避するように
愚かな計算して何を守るの?

my graphics shop >> here! <<
last.fm | facebook | twitter

Old 19th June 2008, 10:19 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-pi View Post
If she makes a lighter album, I'd rather have a LOVEppears-like album - fun songs, but meaningful lyrics. (m)u feels to me like it was too americanized for Ayu and the lyrics are overall quite weak, meh. MY STORY I consider a rock album, so not much of a change o_______O

But really, a lot of bad stuff was happening to Ayu lately, so that's probably what influenced her into making a dark album. This time around she seems to be feeling better, so the next one will probably be more balanced, I think. It still will probably sell less than GUILTY though, IMO... I feel like it's very hard to get your album sales up after you're already past your peak... isn't it? First they go up and up, then down and down, that's what's normal... I think. I'm happy enough that the drop from Secret and GUILTY was small~

BTW I don't understand what people have against the Marionette prelude, it's one of her best interludes EVER. And it gives lots of emphasis to the main song, which is like the climax of the album (IMO). GUILTY had such great interludes XD reBiRTH was the only boring one ne. And it's still not that bad, I like how the melody sounds happy and hopeful in the beggining, than it distorts a bit and starts sounding dark-ish and almost creepy-ish, and in the end goes back to hopeful. It does feel a bit like a rebirth haha.
Wa, I love this album<3
Im totaly with you about the preludes. Marionette preelude is very diffrent, like WONDERLAND. Not like the ordinary preeludes Ayu uses. And The Judgment Day was so great that it would have been a full song! (Same for Mirror but yeah we got MW so. ^^)

But the whole dark vs light album thingy is simply a diskussion about taste. Its hard to say whats btter for Ayu to compose or not. I love her "darker" music. Its excellent. But yeah, I think MY STORY ahd a veeery good balanse. It had some rock(GAME, About You), some heartbreaking ballads (HAPPY ENDING, Winding road), some up-beat-songs(INSPIRE, mnW) and some cute girlish songs(HONEY, replace). Also MY STORY was one of those albums that probably discribed Ayus life and toughts for that year the best. (IMO)

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
Old 19th June 2008, 10:31 PM
Naturally Initiate

Yep, I love WONDERLAND sooo much as well. And that's another one people seem to dislike, isn't it weird? o____O Well, with WONDERLAND at least, what I hear people say is that they don't like it because "it's creepy", which I guess makes sense, if you don't like creepy things XD (which I do) But with Marionette -prelude-, most people I see complaining about it say it's boring, and that's something I find very very bizarre hahaha.

And now that you mention it, yeah, MY STORY was quite balanced. And it's good how it managed it balance all the different things without sounding messy and "pointless", it has a good flow... mm. But the albums I can see Ayu's thoughts the most are the 3 first, maybe because from I am... onwards she started minding the listener more ("I didn't have the mental space to think of the listener..." and all that lol) I get a feeling that she starting trying to "translate" her lyrics to make them understandable for everyone, where her first writings were more "raw". But maybe that's just me, haha XD

Anyway, MW was a good start for the year, I've even seen some people who are not usually Ayu fans impressed by it, and that's always a good thing XD If she keeps this quality up, I'll really be looking forward to the next album. And if she keeps these SALES up (since MW is doing great right now) who knows what we can expect haha XD (though I still hope MW won't be included on the next album! XD)

チャレンジは馬鹿げたこと リスク 回避するように
愚かな計算して何を守るの?

Old 19th June 2008, 10:40 PM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by apple-pi View Post
Yep, I love WONDERLAND sooo much as well. And that's another one people seem to dislike, isn't it weird? o____O Well, with WONDERLAND at least, what I hear people say is that they don't like it because "it's creepy", which I guess makes sense, if you don't like creepy things XD (which I do) But with Marionette -prelude-, most people I see complaining about it say it's boring, and that's something I find very very bizarre hahaha.

And now that you mention it, yeah, MY STORY was quite balanced. And it's good how it managed it balance all the different things without sounding messy and "pointless", it has a good flow... mm. But the albums I can see Ayu's thoughts the most are the 3 first, maybe because from I am... onwards she started minding the listener more ("I didn't have the mental space to think of the listener..." and all that lol) I get a feeling that she starting trying to "translate" her lyrics to make them understandable for everyone, where her first writings were more "raw". But maybe that's just me, haha XD

Anyway, MW was a good start for the year, I've even seen some people who are not usually Ayu fans impressed by it, and that's always a good thing XD If she keeps this quality up, I'll really be looking forward to the next album. And if she keeps these SALES up (since MW is doing great right now) who knows what we can expect haha XD (though I still hope MW won't be included on the next album! XD)
I dont care about the sales really. I think it kind of messes up the whole meaning of the music if it gets to hyped. But this MW sales hav been very nice to see, MW reaaaally deserved it. Cuz, like you said, MW is an excellent track and if the following singles will keep this quality we have a great album comming up. ^^

AHS married to Maro
~13/1-2010~

Spoiler:
Old 19th June 2008, 10:47 PM
Naturally Initiate

Aww, I care about sales. I want good music to be recognized. It pisses me off when an artist releases a bunch of great albums that sell like crap, and then a crap album that sells great. And I'm always really really happy when an artist releases lame music and doesn't sell, and when they come up with something awesome, people start buying<3 Or like, when these really unknown underrated artists who make great music suddenly get recognized and become famous<3 Hahaha... and since I'm so used to Ayu's current status in the music industry, it's hard to think that one day she just won't be as famous anymore. But of course, sales are just a detail in the end ^^

チャレンジは馬鹿げたこと リスク 回避するように
愚かな計算して何を守るの?

Old 20th June 2008, 02:22 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
i think the lack of enuf singles brought people's expectations of GUILTY to be lower...so probably thats why they didnt buy...

t2m/decision - despite being superb songs...i think the japanese dun really adore these rock songs? i duno, it always seems the case....so probably they expected the same and hence, didnt buy the dark album...

Hope Ayu picks up happily this time...and make a nice fun album like (m)u
I agree with you, that's what happened with this album.. We all know her sales are decreasing, but the fact that this album didn't have any major single (like BLUE BIRD for Secret, it wasn't THAT big, but it was very successful). People in Japan didn't like t2m that much, and g/f wasn't a big hit as well.

And I don't like the overall visual concept of the album, it seems just lots of different themes thrown together. I think it's her worst album in these terms. But I like it anyway and I agree with the one who said the album seemed rushed; I already found Secret a rushed album, this one seemed even more. But anyway, it's probably not her fault, she always has so much to do, and create an album must be really difficult >__<