Ayu-Gaga 'conversation' on Music Station - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 18th April 2010, 01:01 PM
Naturally Initiate

I don't see this as arguing; we're all just stating opinions, and talking about what we're basing our opinions on.
Old 18th April 2010, 01:41 PM
Real me Initiate

Yeah, this really isn't arguing, just discussing how Gaga may have been or not been rude. A nice conversation though, better than a rage thread.

tumblr

Old 18th April 2010, 02:56 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal_Ageha View Post
I do think GaGa is snobby. It's one of the many reasons I don't like her. But really, she wasn't too bad in this interview. Honestly, this is a case of American vs. Japanese etiquette and responses. Americans are known to be very.......forward, and love to talk about themselves. Japanese are the complete freakin' opposite. They show respect to guests, no matter what, and are brought up to ask about others, not directing things towards themselves so easily.
This is a big part of the reason that I started enjoying j-pop. Not necessarily because of musical differences with the west, but personality differences. I much prefer the humility of the Japanese as opposed to watching all the self congratulating behavior that you see on MTV all the time.

I love when American singers/actors come on Japanese tv shows like SMAPxSMAP and what not because it really contrasts who has the big egos more so I think than on American tv as some stars I think tend to amp up the arrogance in foreign countries. For instance, Cameron Diaz and Johnny Depp always come across as really great people and Madonna comes across with a "I'm too good to be here" type of attitude (although she seems like that most places, even though I like her).

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I've seen Britney Spears on Japanese shows and she was very sweet (kinda confused lol, but sweet). Lady GaGa was just verging on ERIKA level, it wasn't cute
Yeah, it really varies. Some people are really great, while others are like "why did my record label force me to come here?" Honestly quite a lot do come off as rude even without taking cultural differences into account.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 18th April 2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 18th April 2010, 04:41 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
Neither came off as arrogant to me. it was an amazingly enjoyable moment. But leave it to AHS to rip and tear it apart. Talk about a buzz kill
Wow, this is the only statement in this thread I agree with.
Old 18th April 2010, 05:30 PM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

IMO Gaga just wanted to maintain her usual act of being "schizophrenic" and that's how she is, she is only sweet with fans...

But if u notice, she had to most of the time listen to her translator when anyone else is taking in Japanese... so she will definately look spaced out... so the only way to look cool is "not to look at people"

then, when she starts talking, she was looking away as well, coz she must have tot nobody understood her... until when ayu starts responding. That's when you can see Gaga actually facing Ayu (on HQ video, you can see Gaga's eyes behind those sunnies) like colleagues chatting...

on the part about the dress... i tink she was complementing on Ayu's creative work, coz even she admits that she would have wanted that dress Ayu had on... but American stage tech just wasn't as good... LOL then again, Ayu's sense of fashion is definately much better, hands down!
Old 18th April 2010, 06:26 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

lol Well, honestly, whether people think she was "rude" or not...the tone of voice she took and way she directed the conversation was not at all modest or really as "nice" as I've seen her before.

You know, It's kind of like when Gaga was interviewed by Barbara Walters, and she was like "You know, I don't take off my sunglasses for many people, but I'll do it for you." I mean, that statement is just full of hints at her personality lol

Gaga CAN be sweet and nice, and I think, it's only the closer you are to her, and the more respect she has for you, that you'll get to see the genuine side of it...and even then, her personality is still very strong, she is not modest, and she is always excited about what she is doing or has done, because it's her life.

I don't think she was particularly as comfortable as normal on the show...and I do think that her and Ayu would fare better if there werent so many people around and having to have less things translated lol but that wouldn't stop Gaga from not being humble in the way of her work. And honestly, I think Gaga paid more attention to Ayu, because of her English, and also because she was the biggest star there, she even sat closer to the hosts! lol

Someone mentioned that Gaga should have looked into the custom in Japan and acted the way they do...which, honestly, I don't agree with. I think you should, to an extent, but honestly, the Japanese think so many tiny things are rude, they need to get over it already. I would not want Gaga to feel she has to act in certain ways other than who she is, and God knows, she was probably already given a lecture a few times before she got there about what to do and what not to do.

I think, while I love her, I was never a fan of her snobby attitude sometimes, and, if you do listen and watch her interviews, she absolutely IS snobby somethings, I still think we ought to cut her a little slack, because you know what, NO ONE is perfect, and everyone has faults or flaws, or things that may not be so appealing to others...and im sure we've all been in the position of having to just "accept" certain people as they are. I think it would be good for all of us to not judge so harshly in this matter.

imo she wasn't THAT bad...but I think it was enough for the people there to realise how much of a self-promoter she is...and maybe even how much she is obsessed with her work...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 18th April 2010, 06:36 PM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
lol Well, honestly, whether people think she was "rude" or not...the tone of voice she took and way she directed the conversation was not at all modest or really as "nice" as I've seen her before.

You know, It's kind of like when Gaga was interviewed by Barbara Walters, and she was like "You know, I don't take off my sunglasses for many people, but I'll do it for you." I mean, that statement is just full of hints at her personality lol

Gaga CAN be sweet and nice, and I think, it's only the closer you are to her, and the more respect she has for you, that you'll get to see the genuine side of it...and even then, her personality is still very strong, she is not modest, and she is always excited about what she is doing or has done, because it's her life.

I don't think she was particularly as comfortable as normal on the show...and I do think that her and Ayu would fare better if there werent so many people around and having to have less things translated lol but that wouldn't stop Gaga from not being humble in the way of her work. And honestly, I think Gaga paid more attention to Ayu, because of her English, and also because she was the biggest star there, she even sat closer to the hosts! lol

Someone mentioned that Gaga should have looked into the custom in Japan and acted the way they do...which, honestly, I don't agree with. I think you should, to an extent, but honestly, the Japanese think so many tiny things are rude, they need to get over it already. I would not want Gaga to feel she has to act in certain ways other than who she is, and God knows, she was probably already given a lecture a few times before she got there about what to do and what not to do.

I think, while I love her, I was never a fan of her snobby attitude sometimes, and, if you do listen and watch her interviews, she absolutely IS snobby somethings, I still think we ought to cut her a little slack, because you know what, NO ONE is perfect, and everyone has faults or flaws, or things that may not be so appealing to others...and im sure we've all been in the position of having to just "accept" certain people as they are. I think it would be good for all of us to not judge so harshly in this matter.

imo she wasn't THAT bad...but I think it was enough for the people there to realise how much of a self-promoter she is...and maybe even how much she is obsessed with her work...
This. Everything about this.

It's Gaga. If you love it, yay, if you don't, well sorry you can leave I guess...

AND YES. Just because it's "rude" the way Japan sees it, it doesn't mean that Gaga needs to change who she is just to fit into the ideal socializing custom that Japan has. Wouldn't like it if the tables were turned for Ayu, right?

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 18th April 2010, 07:16 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post

I really agree. The whole environment probably was just uncomfortable. Like I said, imagine being in her position. Sitting on a bench with people around you speaking a language you don't know and having a good time while you have to listen to your interpreter the best that you can is harder than we think. But, she was somewhat snobby acting anyway, and even as a Gaga fan you admitted that she acts like that alot.

Atleast she and Ayu got to interact with eachother and it wasn't like "OMG YOU'RE THE JAPANESE ***** THAT I HEARD STOLE MY STYLE!" or something!

tumblr

Old 18th April 2010, 07:36 PM
GAME Initiate

^Ahaha.

I'm feeling that we all just repeat the same thing again and again. Don't you all guys think so? Come on guys.. It's almost 3 days ago... But I'm still looking forward to this thread lol

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 18th April 2010, 10:18 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
Lady GaGa was just verging on ERIKA level, it wasn't cute
i think that's a bit of an exaggeration... ERIKA acted like a complete ******* that day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolution7/4 View Post
But leave it to AHS to rip and tear it apart. Talk about a buzz kill
if you think AHS is bad, you haven't seen what the GaGa fans are saying.
Old 19th April 2010, 04:47 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^Yeah im afraid to look. Havent checked the boards yet.
Old 19th April 2010, 10:37 PM
Voyage Initiate

I thought they were both polite and seemed interested each other. Didn't get any vibe at all that they disliked each other.

mi|kshake~

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, hamasaki ayumi, lady gaga