Ayumi smoking? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 2nd January 2004, 05:50 AM
Far away Initiate

Question Ayumi smoking?

I have a question.. does Ayu smoke? I never saw her smoking or anything, but i never say "making of" or in backstage.. does anyone ever saw her smoking?

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 2nd January 2004, 05:51 AM
Initiate

i dont think she smokes, but there was a picture lookin like she did, even if she smokes i dont mind its her life!

All of the moments that already passed
We'll try to go back and make them last
All of the things we want each other to be
We never will be
And that's wonderful, and that's life
And that's you, baby
This is me, baby
And we are, we are, we are, we are
Free
In our love
We are free in our love...

Nelly Furtado ~~ TRY

Old 2nd January 2004, 05:58 AM
Far away Initiate

oky, i see. Can anyone upload this picture please? i never saw it 0_o

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 2nd January 2004, 06:37 AM
No way to say Initiate

i do recall a photo shoot where ayumi was trying to look like a badass..and held a cigarette
Old 2nd January 2004, 06:37 AM
Far away Initiate

oky, thanks Mariko ^^ And about the fact that's it's her own life, you seems think that i disagree with you lol i never talked as if i disagree~ i dont juge her i jsut want to know.

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 2nd January 2004, 07:56 AM
P.S II Initiate

i wouldnt worry about it too much, although im sad at the information, she probably smokes very little

EDIT: regarding Mariko's link: after looking at the pictures nick provided and watching the video, I really dont think that she is smoking in there, she was coughing and had her hand near her mouth. and the claim that the guy handed her a cigarette is probably not true, because a few seconds before the "handoff" of the cigarette, he was clapping with nothing in his hands. and it didnt look like he grabed anything within the short amount of time before ayu passed in front of him. the pictures after just show her hands near her mouth, and her thumb was probably mistaken for a cigarette. i dont wanna make a too big of a deal out of this, but i just wanted to clarify the subject of ayu's "smoking"

Last edited by Kaiousei; 2nd January 2004 at 08:12 AM.
Old 2nd January 2004, 11:13 PM
Yvette

It looks like gum or something because when it goes in her mouth, you can see she seems to bite down on it- Her head moves down. I don't know..
Old 2nd January 2004, 11:19 PM
Far away Initiate

thank you all of you for making this situation clearer.. it seems that there's a kind of tension here lol please dont get angry if she does smoke.. however, a singer must take care of her-his voice so she shouldn't smoke, in the more probably case.

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 2nd January 2004, 11:40 PM
Yvette

I wouldn't really like Ayu smoking, because she's still very young, and smoking of course is bad for your health- she has a great voice to take care of. But if she does smoke, it's part of her personal life, and we as fans should still appreciate her for the great artist she is no matter what. This is a good topic, tho as long as people don't start arguing ^^;
Old 2nd January 2004, 11:55 PM
Yvette

lol I was kind of just aiming towards her smoking, not any nude photobook. O_o; But I agree, I definately wouldn't want to see that. It would just change a lot of my views on her. (Not trying to be funny here!) I believe Ayu doesn't have to go that far, and I don't think she would. That could probably put her career at risk. I think she's sure of what she can and can't do. But going offtopic here ^^; I don't think Ayu smokes. She has to take care of herself, and if she does smoke, she's probably not puffing frequently like a chimney or something. A lot of people/artists/whoever smoke
Old 3rd January 2004, 12:13 AM
No way to say Initiate

-_- honestly, i could give a flying rats ass if she did or didnt, but that lil real me gif there, that wasn't a smoke. haha she wasnt even holding it right to put in her mouth. and on the real me set? come on now.

and mariko, do you like ayumi because of her music or because she's an "innocent good person"?
Old 3rd January 2004, 01:37 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally posted by Mariko
As a person, I like her "innocent good quality", which I'll reword to one word: morality.
I agree with all you last post, mariko, but with this sentence in particulary. I think that she (ayu) MUST be very moral because so much people look at her and, as i know a lot of girls imit her for clothing and all.. so she need to keep on morality. If she doesnt, she will lost a lot of fans (me!!)

Migi te wo tsunaide

Old 3rd January 2004, 01:48 AM
//hikari

Quote:
Originally posted by jerms
-_- honestly, i could give a flying rats ass if she did or didnt, but that lil real me gif there, that wasn't a smoke. haha she wasnt even holding it right to put in her mouth. and on the real me set? come on now.

and mariko, do you like ayumi because of her music or because she's an "innocent good person"?
I agree with you .. it frankly doesn't matter if she does or doesn't ... health risks are present if she does, but it's her life ... if she smokes it's kept in her private life ... not in her public life .. to which we all know.

as for this making of gif ... she was coughing because she couldn't breathe .. I have the video ... it's easy to see. So she's not smoking in this clip.

I think someone said something about the dude in the yellow passing a cigarette ... puh-lease ... he's walking away from her and turning his head away from her ... is he going to do a sneaky drug deal with her and he's scouting for cops by looking around first? lol >_< .... that was random o.O

Last edited by //hikari; 3rd January 2004 at 01:52 AM.
Old 3rd January 2004, 02:24 AM
End roll Initiate

I remember seeing a picture of her on the second disc of the LOVEppears album. She was holding something in her hand that looked definitely like a cigarette to me. Her mannerism, too, yelled HOLDING A CIGARETTE to me. But, on further review and watching A STORY OF VIDEO CLIPS (part of the Hamasaki Ayumi PV collection), it was actually just a metal butterfly clip that she was using as a prop. How strange! But I was glad to see that she wasn't smoking. I doubt ayu smokes because I've never seen her light up behind the scenes, even when others are. ^^ But, it's just my opinion. I wouldn't be shocked if she did.

Mariko, I admire your viewpoint. ^^
And I could walk that way...
Old 5th January 2004, 04:34 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Hmm.. I doubt she does, and even if she does, who cares? She's a person, she can do whatever she wants..

Smoking is a health risk, definitely, especially for a singer, like her. Therefore, I really don't think she does. There've been other rumors about her before that were so crazy and out there that turned out to be false, and I bet this is gonna turn out to be one of them.

Sure, it LOOKS questionable, but it doesn't mean that the statement is actually true. People twist things out of proportion, many times celebrities get stuck in a bunch of tabloid-esque situations, or find themselves in some scandal, only for the public to find out it was just some stupid story. Anyway, in the clip it looks like.. gum or something. *squints* It's so fast, but it doesn't look like a cig or anything.

We should give Ayu the benefit of the doubt.

Upcoming Hello! Project CD releases
11/23 Berryz Koubou - Gag 100kai bun Aishite Kudasai
12/21 Pucchi Best 6
1/25 Maki Goto - [14th Single]

k so i don't post that much anymore. if anything in my sig is off title-wise/date-wise, i apologize. i'm not on here all that often anymore.

Thanks to thejadedangel for my lovely set! <33
Old 9th October 2004, 11:07 AM
Depend on you Initiate

does anyone has Ayu's smoking pix???
Old 9th October 2004, 03:46 PM
Two of us Initiate

YES!!!
She Does.
Old 9th October 2004, 04:03 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

It's bad for her health and her voice that's all I'd ever mind. But even though it's unhealthy, so many people are still doing it.

Aerith Gainsborough

We'll always remember you Aerith!!

Old 9th October 2004, 05:43 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Two pics from making of real me

in the right hand she has a cigarette

here it puts it in mouth
Old 9th October 2004, 05:47 PM
poker face Initiate

that's a shame....