Ayu - Anything Goes Thread -X- - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th April 2015, 04:41 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

I'm in the process of burning CD-Rs (original source files being lossless in the first place) of Ayu's albums for my boyfriend, since he was a fan before he met me but he only had a huge handful of songs on his computer from like youtube or something lmao.

And my mom says to give him only 2-3 CDs at a time, and I was just like, "No I told him he's getting all 16 albums at the same time the next time we see each other." and my mom replied sarcastically, "That's not obsessive AT ALL!" And I didn't include the mini-albums and the compilation albums in that count so lol

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 12th April 2015, 07:39 AM
still alone Initiate

Although I don't necessarily consider A ONE and Step by step bad music, I feel like ayu is in a very ambiguous state in her career. I feel as if her vision for her career at this moment isn't really solidified. Like I can't really see what she's aiming for with her music or the direction she's going in. Like the music isn't bad it's just...lacking something. Wonder if anyone else feels this way.
Old 12th April 2015, 07:46 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, I think her vision has gotten a bit cloudier and less laser focused as it had been in the early to mid 2000s. However, I think that is because she may be taking a more relaxed approach when it comes to her music after getting married and moving to LA (ish).

It's not a bad thing necessarily, but you can see in what she's put out that she isn't exactly looking to be ~perfect~ anymore.
Old 12th April 2015, 08:00 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Well, I think her vision has gotten a bit cloudier and less laser focused as it had been in the early to mid 2000s. However, I think that is because she may be taking a more relaxed approach when it comes to her music after getting married and moving to LA (ish).

It's not a bad thing necessarily, but you can see in what she's put out that she isn't exactly looking to be ~perfect~ anymore.
Totally agree. I don't see it as a bad thing it just feels a bit...weird? I guess. And I definitely see it as her taking it easy. Whenever I'm close to calling her easygoingness as "lazy" I remember her constant touring, CDLs, and now the mini-album announced immediately after A ONE. She's working hard and it shows. It's all just an interesting thing to see as someone who's been an ayu fan for a while.
Old 12th April 2015, 03:17 PM
rainy day Initiate

Nobody answered my question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
has anyone else noticed what appears to be the sound of a school bell ringing in the distance in Key, from 1:11-1:20? It's very faint, but it always catches my attention.
I'm curious is that sound is supposed to be a school bell or what it is.
Old 12th April 2015, 05:08 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
Although I don't necessarily consider A ONE and Step by step bad music, I feel like ayu is in a very ambiguous state in her career. I feel as if her vision for her career at this moment isn't really solidified. Like I can't really see what she's aiming for with her music or the direction she's going in. Like the music isn't bad it's just...lacking something. Wonder if anyone else feels this way.
Right now I think she's mostly just releasing so she can tour something, hence the super mega safe songs she's been releasing that sound like they exist primarily to be inoffensive tbh.
Old 12th April 2015, 05:50 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Then why would she be releasing the mini album in august since she just released A ONE and started the tour???

As for your question Zeke. i do hear a very distant sound of a bell, but it sounded more like the bell announcing the arrival of a train than a school bell. I can't really choose because the sound is not loud enough.

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 12th April 2015, 08:14 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I'm curious is that sound is supposed to be a school bell or what it is.
how the hell did you hear that? I had to loop that 10 second section for like 10 minutes to hear it.

I know what you mean, but I think it just sounds like a bell ringing. Not the school bell or anything, but a musical instrument bell. Like a a faint jingle bell or something. At first I thought it was the sound of Engine Brakes on a train when they slow down as they enter a station and the brakes make that screechy sound.
Old 12th April 2015, 08:29 PM
rainy day Initiate

Ah, I am not familiar with train arrival bells. I was just trying to figure out the significance of placing that sound into the song and whether it connected with the lyrics somehow.

Lol, I listen to my music full blast and I open my senses to become aware of all the different layers when listening. It seems there is always something new to hear no matter how many times you've heard a particular track.
Old 12th April 2015, 09:15 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean-baptiste View Post
I agree in a sense. Although I think she had more of an idea with A ONE, I'm not sure if she thinks this is exactly how she wants her career to be. Idk if she knows what she wants her career to be. I'm okay with most of A ONE in the sense that it's a more mature sound. That can be boring, but I've realized lately that I'd like ayu to go the direction I think she was going with MY STORY and (miss)understood and make more mature music (not that her old music immature or stupid). Like, no more cutesy things and etc. No more XOXOs. I feel like when she released blue bird and beautiful fighters she regressed in that sense. And she put herself in this place where she would still release cutesy shit that may be more appealing to a younger generation. And it's not bad. And ayu is very grown up and mature and can be so thoughtful and wise and lyrically it's all there. I just wish she would continue in a direction sound and image wise that showed that. She can't be the forever young and hip type.

Idk. My thoughts are jumbled. Ayu can do whatever she wants and someone will like it and there's nothing wrong with what she does. I just know what I want to see. Also, ayu could still have something more when it comes to the arrangements of some of her songs.

Also, it's good to see you back, love

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 12th April 2015, 09:25 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
^ Then why would she be releasing the mini album in august since she just released A ONE and started the tour??
Answer is in my original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Punks View Post
Right now I think she's mostly just releasing so she can tour something, hence the super mega safe songs she's been releasing that sound like they exist primarily to be inoffensive tbh.
Old 12th April 2015, 09:40 PM
July 1st Initiate

@Zeke. : I think this bell can be related to a marriage bell or something like that, because I read somwhere that Key was a song about marriage (?), and the ~eternal tie version~ can be a sign towards this interpretation too.
Can anyone confirm this ?

Old 12th April 2015, 10:08 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Wow. you explained A ONE in words I couldn't quite put together. I couldn't figure out how to say that the album was safe and non-hectic compared to Colours. What you said is exactly what I think about the album.
Old 12th April 2015, 10:22 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
every song except maybe warning tbh
Old 12th April 2015, 11:14 PM
appears Initiate

Colours is one of my favorite Ayu albums of all time. Is that one of the most unpopular opinions in the world or what?
Old 12th April 2015, 11:17 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

An album with lelio, xoxo, and terminal... enough said lol
Old 13th April 2015, 01:37 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeakira View Post
Colours is one of my favorite Ayu albums of all time. Is that one of the most unpopular opinions in the world or what?
it's my #2 album by her actually. The most unpopular opinion would be that my #1 album by her is Party Queen, which it actually is.

cropped by me, fanart by the-chokey

Old 13th April 2015, 01:49 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

My opinion is probably the strangest. I like all the albums for different reasons so they're all #1 in some way oops.
Old 13th April 2015, 01:59 AM
Heartplace Initiate

I love Colours. I don't think it's one of her best albums by a long shot, but I really love it for what it is. After the three albums before it (especially LOVE again), it was really refreshing to have something that was just sort of fun and a little sleek. The only song I really don't care for at all is Pray, which of course sticks out like a sore thumb siiighs.

I didn't realize so many people actually disliked Colours until A ONE leaked lol
Old 13th April 2015, 02:07 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
My opinion is probably the strangest. I like all the albums for different reasons so they're all #1 in some way oops.
Asfxx ayu's magnum opus tbh. Tight vocals, great melodies, and superb mixing.

I never got why people didn't like colours. Ayu gave us the electo legend terminal, with lyrics that were actually interesting.
Closed Thread

Tags
anything goes