Does Ayu wear real fur? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 5th March 2007, 10:13 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mac_veg...7594340778238/

Doesn't look like enough people care to really do anything about it in Japan..
Old 5th March 2007, 10:28 AM
no more words Initiate

After Petit pointed out that silkworms thing, I checked wiki entry about PETA... it's a lot more complex than I thought. They're basically against EVERYTHING that has anything to do with animals... from wearing real fur, to milk and fishing (yes, fishing!). I should dig into animal rights issue before I make judgement, but I still believe that animals shouldn't be killed for fur... It's not like fur does anything good to our health whatsoever (while eating fish or drinking milk generally does), it's just luxury.

And I can see this becoming an animal rights thread
Old 5th March 2007, 10:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Well, thing is, if you kill the animal for its meat..

Might as well use its other parts. But if its simply for the fur, and then you leave it to die, then that's jus F*F*F*K'd up.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:46 AM
ourselves Initiate

Well, to me animal RIGHTS aren't about what happens to the animal after it's killed. Then it's dead, it's dead and it won't care what happens to it. Animal Rights are to me how the animals are treated in life. Of course a lot of waste is bad in general, so I get that point (trashing meat etc), but I don't see how that connects to animal rights. It should rather be a general environmental issue.

Ostrich, kangaroo and crocodile/alligator meat is eaten,
Old 5th March 2007, 11:51 AM
YOU Initiate

i don't like fur but i do think it's very annoying and rather stupid to have all reactions to someone that uses them, in NY if you walk with a fur coat some PETA losers throw things at you, have some respect, who wears them knows where they came from and know it's wrong. the funniest thing ever was a PETA activist (sp) once screaming on the tv about fur use and wearing leather pants...maybe she thought that cows were aliens (even if it's fake, if you don't like fur just don't wear them at all)

5/31 Osaka Jo-Hall! AMAZING!
http://www.myspace.com/_takao_

Old 5th March 2007, 11:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't know why people want to force their beliefs upon others in such freakydeaky ways..

I mean, it's not like they're making the animals extinct right?~
Old 5th March 2007, 04:24 PM
poker face Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I don't know why people want to force their beliefs upon others in such freakydeaky ways..

Tiger fur? They're still being hunted. Though not really sure how long that's going to last since there's only a few hundred left in the world now....
Old 5th March 2007, 05:28 PM
ourselves Initiate

^
No luxury brand would use hides from threatened animals. These animals are usually kept in farms and the like.

Tigers are more hunted to be used in more or less useless magic ingredient in chinese "medication" and the like. Now THAT is a waste.
Old 5th March 2007, 05:38 PM
MY ALL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
silk worms are boiled ALIVE in the process of making silk... But does anyone care? PETA does..
It'd be more fair if each and everyone of them silk worms had a painless execution before being boiled, don't you think?

As for Ayumi wearing real fur, I'm sure she has at one occasion or another, since it's not always her deciding what to wear for photo shoots or galas. Perhaps she doesn't have any real fur in her private wardrobe, that's hard to tell, although I believe she very well might.

martinstark.net - ayuready? episodes - facebook - twitter
Old 5th March 2007, 09:48 PM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
In addition to this, Ayu has donated $40,000 to the September 11th disaster fund.
That's all I needed to hear. ^^
Old 5th March 2007, 10:07 PM
The Judgement Day Guardian

$40,000 is almost a joke for someone as rich as ayu

♬♪aijou de nuritsubushite
owaranai Spiral nukedasenai
mazari au mayoi sae irodukete so high
kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 5th March 2007, 10:15 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:

what?

are you kidding me? Its barbaric. You get an animal thats quietly living its life and you kill it simply because its got pretty skin? What the **** is thata bout? Not becoming extinct? thats your greatest justification? Neither are humans but hey lets go wear human skin why not, it looks so pretty!

What else are some good reasons. Oh its just fashion. Fake fur looks EXACTLY like real fur. Fake fur can be made to feel EXACTLY like real fur. But because humans, im sorry, rich pompous ****s are so stubborn, they have to have the real thing.

Also maybe you should look mor into animal abuse, animal cruelty, animal testing, things of that such. You think the animsl alreadydead when they start skinning it? They basically run a very sharp if the animsl lucky, knife right above its tissues, start peeling, peeling ist skin out while its bleeding to death, and then once the skins off, the carcass is just thrown in a trash can.

But sure, its cool, it makes us look pretty. You really need to youtube animal cruelty or read a book.

oh and on Ayu donating: wow 40K that's really alot. Its pocket change compared to the millions she spends on her dogs. Pathetic, I'm sorry but it is. Maybe she out to skin her pups and wear them since she loves fur so much.

Old 5th March 2007, 10:24 PM

I thought there was a thing that if you kill the animal first to remove the skin later, the skin will get hard and will lose it's softness because of the rigor mortis, so they kinda have to remove the skin while the animal is alive. Maybe I'm wrong though.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 5th March 2007, 10:28 PM
Beyond the Sea

Real Fur? Nasty. And Link, beggers can't be choosers. It's rude of you to demand her hard earned money to be given away. I'd be greatful that she donated any of it.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:34 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpactBreaker View Post
I thought there was a thing that if you kill the animal first to remove the skin later, the skin will get hard and will lose it's softness because of the rigor mortis, so they kinda have to remove the skin while the animal is alive. Maybe I'm wrong though.
No, you're right. If anything, watch this video...

http://youtube.com/verify_age?next_u...%3Df79pF2GepNw

ITS GRUESOME, AS A WARNING
But thats the only way you teach people.

Quote:
When undercover investigators made their way onto Chinese fur farms recently, they found that many animals are still alive and struggling desperately when workers flip them onto their backs or hang them up by their legs or tails to skin them. When workers on these farms begin to cut the skin and fur from an animal's leg, the free limbs kick and writhe. Workers stomp on the necks and heads of animals who struggle too hard to allow a clean cut. When the fur is finally peeled off over the animals' heads, their naked, bloody bodies are thrown onto a pile of those who have gone before them. Some are still alive, breathing in ragged gasps and blinking slowly. Some of the animals' hearts are still beating five to 10 minutes after they are skinned. One investigator recorded a skinned raccoon dog on the heap of carcasses who had enough strength to lift his bloodied head and stare into the camera.

Before they are skinned alive, animals are pulled from their cages and thrown to the ground; workers bludgeon them with metal rods or slam them on hard surfaces, causing broken bones and convulsions but not always immediate death. Animals watch helplessly as workers make their way down the row.
Source: www.furisdead.com

I'm not being rude, I'm just spitting the truth. You give what you can, not what you can to say you did.

Last edited by -Link-; 5th March 2007 at 10:37 PM.
Old 5th March 2007, 10:44 PM
ayu trance Initiate

ANIMAL KILLERS! I HATE YOU ALL! FUR IS NOT BEAUTIFUL!!!

the poor innocent animals POOOR ANIMALS! people have no shame!!!!

i was scared watching 101 dalmatians c'mon... they're puppies!! people discust me (yes i am against fur, why don't ya call me a hippie.)

Old 5th March 2007, 10:58 PM
GAME Initiate

Ugh, I hate it when people hold animals to a higher or even equal platform to human beings.
Old 5th March 2007, 11:02 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Ugh, I hate it when people hold animals to a higher or even equal platform to human beings.
i hate it when people think just because they're superior, they have the right to destroy anything and everything below them.

Old 5th March 2007, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
LOL animals aren't the ones self-destroying the place they live, so yeah. It isn't the animals who are causing the global heating Sorry, but some human beings don't even deserve to be compared to animals, such low-life they are.

kaeshitakunai
Rise in a spiral yeah
I go insane
Dive to your paradise
(Treat me like a fool)♬♪

Old 5th March 2007, 11:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Link- View Post
No, you're right. If anything, watch this video...

http://youtube.com/verify_age?next_u...%3Df79pF2GepNw
. . .

Whoa.

Just. Whoa. I almost started crying towards the end of that video. I never really viewed wearing real fur as a big deal but now... disgusting. *shakes head*
Closed Thread