Let's Get Together! The 2nd Official Do As Infinity Thread - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 19th November 2009, 07:15 AM
I am... Initiate

new single, "君がいない未来" 1/13 not up at CD Japan yet, but http://www.neowing.co.jp/list_from_c....html?key=6921
Old 19th November 2009, 05:48 PM
CAROLS Initiate

Oh I feel like I lost every interest in them
Old 19th November 2009, 10:29 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

The single will include Fukai Mori, Shinjitsu no Uta, and Rakuen. On the DVD, it's all 4 songs' PVs and Inuyasha opening and ending theme clips.
Old 20th November 2009, 02:23 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maemi View Post
Oh I feel like I lost every interest in them
Same here. :\ Their music has been going downhill, but I still try to give them a chance with every release.... But this will be nothing new, then? Meh.

Many thanks to captain-kawaii123 for specially drawing this chibi for me, and also to ownsarai for creating the beautiful signature.
Old 29th November 2009, 03:41 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Today's their 10th Anniversary Concert at the Budokan! I'm so excited, leaving in a few minutes~ Will write a report when I get back!
Old 29th November 2009, 07:25 AM
teens Initiate

^ looking forward to reading your report.

Anyways, the single is up at CDJapan now, and there's 4 versions. o_O Avex... the multiple versions... lol.
Old 29th November 2009, 02:29 PM

AUGH. THE CONCERT WAS AMAZING. STUNNING. PERFECT. ETC. 3 of the best hours of my liiiife.

I arrived at the Budokan at around 3 pm (they had started selling goods at 2) because I wanted to avoid the line, and there wasn't a line anymore. I got the phone strap and the desk calendar, which has some nice pictures inside. (Pictures of those inside the cut.)

Spoiler:

If you purchased concert goods or CD/DVDs, you could take your receipt to a tent further down the street and get a sticker on which you were supposed to write a message. After writing your message you got to put the sticker on a big banner, and you received a ribbon (either red, black, gold, or silver-- red and black say "Do As Infinity "ETERNAL FLAME" ~10th Anniversary", gold has a mystery message from Van-chan, and silver has a mystery message from Ryo-kun).

The doors opened at 5 pm and everyone shuffled in. I was actually surprised-- Budokan is a lot smaller than I expected. The stage layout was completely different than it was the last time they were here (for their 'Final' concert). The stage for the 'Final' was in the middle, but this time the stage was on the north side of the area. I was seated on the second floor in the south section, so I was directly in front of the stage, rather than to the sides. Yay. :3 They had an 'opening act', a group called Burst Open (a bunch of schoolgirls from Osaka) who performed a song called "I'm looking for", which was actually REALLY good. The lead singer has quite the set of pipes. I was expecting them to do more songs, but they only did the one. You can actually listen to the song here: http://www.nhk.or.jp/paphooo/genre/m...stopen_preview

At a couple minutes after 6, the concert began!

1. BREAK OF DAWN
The lights went down, the band came out (minus Ryo and Van) and as the song started up , the two of them popped out from under the stage (a la Ayu, hehe) and the crowd went wild. I was NOT expecting them to sing this song first. In retrospect, I think something a little more upbeat might have been a better choice...it kind of got things off to a slow start. Van-chan looked gorgeous (as always) in a black shirt with shiny silver sections, ripped black jeans, and combat boots. There was a gigantic screen in the center of the stage that reached down to the floor that looks like it might have been exactly what was used in the Umareyuku mono tachi e PV.

2. Saigo no GAME
3. Perfect World

The people in charge of the sound kind of screwed this one up. Van-chan's backing track that she sings with during the chorus started, like, 2.5 seconds too early and it stayed like that for the rest of the chorus. Stuff happens, I suppose. They started using the screen to play some pretty cool visualizations.
4. Tookumade
A crowd favorite! Everyone really loves when they do this song live.
5. Hi no Ataru Sakamichi
6. Wings
7. Desire
8. 10W40

I was so happy they played this! It's always been one of my favorite b-sides of theirs.
9. sell...
I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to play this, and I'm SO glad they did! (They talked about playing it during upcoming lives in DO THE MUSEUM) Not a lot of people knew the song, I don't think, but it's another one of my favorite DAI b-sides and I'm super happy they did it.
10. ETERNAL FLAME
11. Honou
12. Na mo naki kakumei

Ohhh poor Van-chan. She screwed this one up badly. I just wanted to hug her. <3 She sang the second chorus first (go figure, this was only one of 3 songs of the whole setlist where they were showing the lyrics on screen too. Aiyah.) She stopped partway through and tried to pick up where she'd be in the first chorus, but she ended up singing the second one again. Oh dear! Towards the end of the song, they showed footage from the Tiananmen Square protests and some other footage.
13. Nighter
They showed a photo montage of an older man and baseball related things to go along with the song. Very touching-- I heard a few people around me sniffling.
14. Umareyuku mono tachi e
The key for this one was changed so Van-chan could sing it more easily. It didn't get much of a reaction from the audience, which kind of surprised me...I've always liked this song.
15. Medley
I really liked this segment. On the giant screen they showed clips from the corresponding PV that played in sync with the song they were singing. If they timed it right (which didn't always happen, hah) Van-chan would be singing on screen and it would match what she was singing during the concert. The songs were shortened to just the first verse and chorus, in most cases.
i. Fukai Mori - The audience burst into applause when Ryo played the first few notes.
ii. Heart
iii. Yesterday & Today
iv. rumble fish
v. Oasis
vi. Shinjitsu no Uta
vii. Rakuen
viii. Mahou no Kotoba ~Would you marry me?~
ix. Hiiragi
- The syncing on this one was really bad, because they played the song at a much faster tempo than the studio version was recorded at, and they forgot to adjust the speed of the PV. Eek!
x. Week!
xi. For the future
- Van-chan exited the stage and Ryo got to improv for a bit with his bandmates.

Van-chan stayed off stage for a bit at this point and Ryo told us this is the first time he's ever spoken with the audience without Van-chan on stage. He milked it for all it was worth-- he put his guitar down and ran center stage, and everyone went crazy, shouting and clapping for him. He said he liked the view from center stage. After talking for a minutes, he asked us to listen as he performed 'his song', which is of course...

16. Tsurezure Naru Mama ni
After the first chorus, Van-chan popped up from under the stage again (with a different shirt: pink with faded black plaid-type designs) and she sang the rest of the song! o__o Wasn't expecting that, but it was really cool to hear her take on it. It's pretty low compared to how she usually sings! AND, this was the first time during the entire concert that they used the giant screen to show close-ups of what was going on on stage. THANK GOD. I was going crazy during the first half of the concert because there was no screen for us to look at, unlike the people seated in the West and East sections.

17. under the sun
18. Boukenshatachi
19. Honjitsu wa Seiten Nari
- Footage from their surprise appearance at a-nation 2008 was playing on the screen as they sang this.
20. We are.
The lights were a really pretty pinkish-purple color and the screen was made to simulate a starry night. Shooting stars flew across it occasionally.

ENCORE
21. Bokutachi no 10th Anniversary
The screen showed a really nice montage of photos from their pre-debut street lives, CD and DVD covers, and promotional shots.
22. Kimi ga Inai Mirai
The full version is awesome! The lights were pretty psychadelic, and the crowd seemed to enjoy it a lot.
23. Piece of Your Heart
One word: PINK. PINK LIGHTS EVERYWHERE. GAAH.
24. SUMMER DAYS

ENCORE II
25. Tangerine Dream ~10th Anniversary Version~

I knew this had to be in there somewhere! Van-chan and Ryo came out and said a few words before they performed it, and Ryo got reeeeally choked up and started crying. He had to stop talking and go get his towel. I JUST WANTED TO HUG HIM. Van-chan held it together pretty well. And the performance was pure perfection. I was completely stunned.

00. Kimi ga Inai Mirai (PV Premiere)
The lights stayed down even after Van-chan and Ryo left the stage, and I was like "WHAT? ENCORE #3?" But they premiered the Kimi ga Inai Mirai PV for us, which was really cool! It's Van-chan and Ryo in a kind of desolate landscape, both of them dressed very well, singing...there's some really cool camerawork, and that's all I'm going to say about that! It was such a nice surprise.

And that's about it! They're embarking on a 10th Anniversary tour that starts on May 8th and ends June 27th in Nagoya. They'll be playing at the NHK Hall here in Tokyo on June 20th, so I'll be going to that show. This 10th Anniversary concert will be released on DVD next year, so please buy and enjoy~!
Old 30th November 2009, 01:17 AM
Initiate

Oooh, that sounds like a pretty good setlist. (Too bad they effed up Hiiragi! D: I'd be so mad, since that's in my top five DAI songs. >_<) The goods look cool... Tomiko looks so different with short hair!! :O *points to calendar*

Thanks for the report.
Old 30th November 2009, 03:58 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Old 30th December 2009, 12:21 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

The release date has been changed to the 20th and the cover is out!

wallpaper from official site
Old 30th December 2009, 03:15 AM
Because of You Initiate

A new song called "Everything will be all right". It is a “競艇”CM Song.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 26th April 2010, 02:00 AM
teens Initiate

New Single:

http://d-a-i.com/news/100409.html

"∞2" 2010.06.16

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=AVCD-31843
Old 28th April 2010, 09:24 PM
teens Initiate

Tracklisting:

Quote:
『∞2』
2010/6/16 on sale
¥1,300(tax in)
AVCD-31843

【収録内容】
M1) 1/100 ※2010 BOAT RACE TVCMソング-‘09年12月~
M2) Everything will be all right ※2010 BOAT RACE TVCMソング-‘10年7月~
M3) HARUKA
M4) パイルドライバー
Previews:

Quote:
M1) 1/100 [ PREVIEW ]
M2) Everything will be all right [ PREVIEW ]
M3) HARUKA
M4) パイルドライバー
Old 28th April 2010, 09:49 PM
End roll Initiate

Thanks, rookies! I love 1/100 already.

Hyoukai mp3 rotation
Old 8th June 2010, 04:46 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

PV for 1/100 is out on jps xD

also in YouTube

just realised the new single is about to released next week.. I'm so excited

new photos

Last edited by lanfix; 8th June 2010 at 05:08 AM.
Old 8th June 2010, 10:42 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Very interesting PV and I like the traditional flute that plays at the beginning and the ending.
Old 9th June 2010, 01:41 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

^ Yeah same here.. Is it same flute sounds with the one in Fukai Mori?

Old 14th June 2010, 07:18 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Could possibly be
Old 14th June 2010, 11:18 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

NICE song!!!!!!

TWICE

Old 27th June 2010, 05:33 AM

They are perfection. *__* Went to see them at the NHK Hall last Sunday, and the show was absolutely fantastic! (And damn near 3 hours long.) They did piano-and-Van-only versions of Nighter and Nanohana batake...I cried. *sniff*

The tour wraps up tonight in Nagoya. Woohoo~ Here's hoping for a DVD soon!

Tags
alive, do as infinity, hiroyuki sawano, mysterious magic