HEAVEN sales - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 29th September 2005, 07:32 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian
I read that Hikki's single is projected to sell just under 200k... is that true? O_o If it is.. my my how times have changed.
The Oricon expectations show that it is expected to sell 159,000 first week. They usually are pretty close to the actual.
Old 30th September 2005, 06:08 AM
Mirror Initiate

where did you find the sales data?
Old 30th September 2005, 08:15 AM
glitter Initiate

^I do think he means the expectation sales of the first week on Oricon. So I imagine that's where he found them.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Old 30th September 2005, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demure_Dusk
Wouldn't know about that. But then imo a single track single is a bit well.. not really worth it. I mean you'd probably get the track in an album. I don't really think it'll sell under 200k though..
I think its definitely selling more than 500000.. Hikki wouldnt be caught dead selling less than 300000 unless she made arabic hip hop songs..
Old 30th September 2005, 09:22 AM
Two of us Initiate

^ what were her first day sales?

Yea I was/still am expecting 400k for some reason. lol
Old 30th September 2005, 09:46 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
I think its definitely selling more than 500000.. Hikki wouldnt be caught dead selling less than 300000 unless she made arabic hip hop songs..
Her last single, darekano negai ga kanau koro, sold about 300.000++ copies rite.. yet it is not even close to arabic hip hop

I just hope that HEAVEN will be stable enough to stay at no. 2 this week and maybe whipped Be My Last on the weekend
Old 30th September 2005, 09:50 AM
Banned

^ not exactly.. I'll send you the info in a PM..
Old 30th September 2005, 10:09 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

The way I look at hikki's latest single is that... Unless you're the people who wanna buy every single from hikki, or you really like the "there's a dvd-qua pv so I wanna buy it" concept, otherwise I dun see hikki can sell over 200K copies in the first week. If there's an instrumental it would be different story, but damn it doesn't. I dunno what's happening to this one track idea (but I will blame on Toshiba instead of hikki cuz I love her ). Of course I hope that she will sell over 200K but nobody will wanna waste money on a single with only 1 track. Sigh... her next single "Passion" seems like doing the same thing again... 1 track... AND toshiba even makes a weird strategy... They will release CD version in the first week of Dec, then CD+DVD version in the second week of Dec...

About the oricon expectation... Most of the time the expectancies are quite precise. BUT last week weekly albums sales make our eyeballs falling onto the ground. Mr. children was expected to sell like ~300K and it sold almost 700K... and Cutie Kumi's best album was expected to be sold under 200K... look what she did.. She made a miracle for herself... 550K!! It's like O..M..G.. but hey you've to consider 100 girls wearing the same dress walking with her down the street for promoting the album. I wonder why toshiba doesn't make 100 hikki balloons and let the cars hit the balloons this week... It may boost up the sales...

Oh well.. talking too much non-ayu stuff. Seems like HEAVEN's going strong even tho SHINOBI isn't. I think this single will last the longest than STEP you and fairyland...
Old 30th September 2005, 10:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie
Cutie Kumi's best album was expected to be sold under 200K... look what she did.. She made a miracle for herself... 550K!! It's like O..M..G.. but hey you've to consider 100 girls wearing the same dress walking with her down the street for promoting the album. I wonder why toshiba doesn't make 100 hikki balloons and let the cars hit the balloons this week... It may boost up the sales...
Excellent promotion idea ! Its unique promotions like these that make people actually go to stores to buy the single. I wonder how any of us is gonna enjoy a one-song single.. It would be like "Be My Last was so great! What? Change CD now? ~grumble~" or something like that.. And no instrumentals mean no singing along trying to be Hikki.. Honestly I'd rather pay ten more bucks for a B-Side or instrumental or remixes than buying it cheap.. HOPE AVEX DONT FOLLOW THIS "STRATEGY" next..

PS: [H], Dareka sold more than 500000 and was certified by the RIAJ..
Old 30th September 2005, 11:50 AM
glitter Initiate

^She did? I really read from various sources that it was around 300,000. And yes the single track single was rather.. well it's kind of a rip off. A single track? Without at least an instrumental? Unless you are a huge Hikki fan who must have everything.. I donno how many would buy it, especially since most would probably wait for an album. But then Hikki has some sort of magic so she still might pull it off. Time will tell.

Even if you cannot hear my voice. I'll be right beside you dear.

Set by pepper

Crossover x A Hitomi Shimatani Forum

Last edited by Raleigh; 30th September 2005 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Spelling mistake
Old 30th September 2005, 12:09 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
wow so Hikki's single only has 1 song??......
Old 30th September 2005, 12:12 PM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Dareka is actually a double platinum seller (500,000 copies) accdg to RIAJ, though it means that they shipped 500,000 copies to record bars, or something. But in actuality, it only sold around 350,000 to the public (as counted by Oricon). This always happens, you know. Take, for example, BoA. Her latest single sold only around 50,000 copies or less according to oricon, yet if you look at the RIAJ website, it's already a gold seller (100,00 copies shipped to record bars). RIAJ also said that Ayumi's A Ballads and Evolution single and Utada Hikaru's Colors Single sold a million copies, though they actually failed to reach this mark by a little in actual sales number (A Ballads was said to have sold around 900,000+ as well as Evolution while Colors was at the high 800,000s) Hope this makes stuff clear :p Sorry for the long post. I'm quite an addict considering these kinds of numbers hehehe

edit

BTW I don't like what they did with Be My Last, though Hikki's fans would surely not mind since the song is pretty (though Dareka is better IMO) and it's cheap. I can't see why they didn't include the instrumental. It's just one additional song right? And it won't be hard to make it right? gaaahhh *scratches head in confusion

I'm just sooo happy that Ayu's doing well after 2 weeks amidst the competition. the top 4 girls in today's charts are all amazing, IMO, and for Ayu to stay at number 2 is really great Good for Yuna Ito too I like her song and i find her pretty :p

Last edited by happytoadstool; 30th September 2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 30th September 2005, 12:30 PM
I am... Initiate

^ Yep, you're right. RIAJ is confusing me I don't believe RIAJ anymore, all the way Oricon and other small and reliable websites. What a great month for J-Pop! Many of my favourites are currently in the charts. I'm so glad Yuna is getting popular, she really deserves it. She has one of the best voices I ever heard.
Old 30th September 2005, 12:31 PM
Banned

^ well, I took the info I posted earlier from your post at another thread, Happytoadstool, hehehe.. I wonder if they count those CDs shipped overseas.. If they did its a lot better! All four girls dominating ORICON charts.. wow.. (*.*)
Old 30th September 2005, 12:48 PM
Far away Initiate

omg...I've just got a rumor about ayu's new single !! I dunno where it comes from so I'm just saying something here. and I am really confused now.

浜崎あゆみ

New Maxi Single
"Fragment of my heart"11/02 Release!!

①Fragment of my heart
作詞:ayumi hamasaki
作曲:織田哲郎
編曲:葉山たけし

②SOMEHOW
作曲:CREA
編曲:H∧L

③HEAVEN"Sky High Fly so High"

The title of the single isnt ayu style. so I doubt.
Old 30th September 2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

^ ARE YOU SERIOUS?? SOURCE SOURCE SOURCE!!! THIS CALLS FOR A NEW THREAD, YOU SHOULD MAKE ONE!!! AAAHHH!!! Maybe its a japanese title?
Old 30th September 2005, 01:00 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessoul
omg...I've just got a rumor about ayu's new single !! I dunno where it comes from so I'm just saying something here. and I am really confused now.

浜崎あゆみ

New Maxi Single

①Fragment of my heart

②SOMEHOW

Funny that Mai Kuraki has a single of a VERY similar name releasing around that time also This must be fake. Remember the rumors about "Dancing" (STEP you)? Mai also released a single named "Dancing" this year, not long before that rumor got to our ears.

Last edited by Annabelle; 30th September 2005 at 01:03 PM.
Old 30th September 2005, 01:26 PM
Far away Initiate

yeah because I haven't got a source I didnt make a thread.
many ppl at another forum also thought it a Mai's song title XD
I think it a fake as well but why not hope there's going to be a fourth single from ayu?
Old 30th September 2005, 01:30 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlessoul

浜崎あゆみ

New Maxi Single

①Fragment of my heart

②SOMEHOW

I guess we'll have to wait and see. Although the title looks fake and not Ayu-like...

Girls' Generation is .

Old 30th September 2005, 01:34 PM
Banned

but somehow SOMEHOW sounds so promising... *giddy with anticipation* Look at the composers and the arranger! So WILL-ish! Another mega hit? I hope its true!!! I think she probably could be aiming for a fourth single, since MY STORY sold only a million and a little more.. The I AM.. album format again would be so cool.. So many singles, CMs and remixes and PVs.. (*.*)