Party Queen / Power of Music / CDL 2011-2012 official covers - Page 28 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th February 2012, 08:44 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissElin_ View Post
You people don't think sex sells in Japan? Really? Have you been there? Have you seen any CMs, PVs, magazines? Sex sells all over the world, Japan is no exception. And AKB48? They are pretty much all about sex. They can't even date because they need to be idols that the fans is supposed to "want" (and so crazy fans won't kill themselves). Anywho... Japan loves to sell sex - yes.
this.

on every tv advertisement you have some akb48 girls in their underwear throwing pillows at each other. A LOT OF SEX in japan. A LOT OF IT.

AegyoPOP ♦ Asian music downloads
Old 29th February 2012, 08:46 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
Well, perhaps. If you say so, it would be true. AHS is the only fanbase/fanforum I am part of. But I am not seeing everything here as a drama. Also you do agree that the covers are a bit risky for Ayu? You see: there are people who do not like it, but there are also people who like it. We are only expressing our first opinions + second thoughts + third opinions etc. here. Some comments might be over the top, but yeah- whatever? At least it gives us a reason to reply or quote to those comments. And when you see the results in the poll, you see that votes are quite equal. There is no big contrast. And I do not see much drama in here imo.

Oh, I do not mean to attack you, but negative comments like - calling us 16-years-olds, acting like we are afraid of sex and find us an annoying fanbase- it looks like you are causing some drama? That's why I quoted you.
I for sure can see drama, and things get a little worst when I see people leaving this kind of comments for Ayu or Timmy on twitter, on the same way I find it annoying that even after she announced what was the idea behind the shot, people still is *****ing around... and how this isn't the first time this happens.

The thing is... Ayu's image always was sexual. Her western fans used to see Madonna, Xtina, Britney or Rihanna on MTV may find her cute, sweet and virgin, but girl is known for appearing nude or half-nude on her album covers... I find it extremelly annoying that everytime she does something slighty sexual people get all on ragemode. Even worst cuz this is not the first time I see this happening over here.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 29th February 2012, 08:48 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmeh View Post
this.

on every tv advertisement you have some akb48 girls in their underwear throwing pillows at each other. A LOT OF SEX in japan. A LOT OF IT.
Japan isn't about sex in the US way - Japan is more perverted with manga stuff/gadgets and the lolita thing... A lot of 18+ girls in Japan looks really young and it sells without a disgust like in US. Oh, they sell also underage photobooks with swimsuit etc. Japan = sex.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I for sure can see drama, and things get a little worst when I see people leaving this kind of comments for Ayu or Timmy on twitter, on the same way I find it annoying that even after she announced what was the idea behind the shot, people still is *****ing around... and how this isn't the first time this happens.

The thing is... Ayu's image always was sexual. Her western fans used to see Madonna, Xtina, Britney or Rihanna on MTV may find her cute, sweet and virgin, but girl is known for appearing nude or half-nude on her album covers... I find it extremelly annoying that everytime she does something slighty sexual people get all on ragemode. Even worst cuz this is not the first time I see this happening over here.

No, from my experience, they don't look at ayu as a person who plays on sex. She is the typical "kawaii~". Mention Ayu to any japanese girl, they go all, "shes so cuteee!" and then talk about namie amuro or koda kumi, and they are "sexy". Ayu is very aware of this herself, this is why she is doing this cover.

Old 29th February 2012, 08:51 PM
GREEN Initiate

^ she trying to change her image?
Old 29th February 2012, 08:53 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
yes i know! I wanted to say soemthing like this, but you bit me too it.
These are ayumi fans... some of the most ungrateful, critical and hateful bunch I have ever met.

I surprised that people are surprised at the reaction.

Knew this was going to happen.
I expect this kind of reaction on AHS for EVERYTHING Ayu releases. I literally just keep refreshing the page and watch from the distance munching away on popcorn. In a way it's entertaining to watch

I do agree with you about a lot of Ayu's fans, though. It seems like hardly anyone's ever happy with her no matter what she does :/

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 29th February 2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
^ she trying to change her image?
no, not really. She's tricking us, everyone. she's doing a parody. and we won't know if the real covers come all tear smeared and heartbroken, that this is just a trick. we just have to wait

Old 29th February 2012, 08:54 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:

I agree, she used to show her belly a lot when she was younger, and some countries might see this as "sex-product". I don't find it "sexual" cause as you said, I knew Britney, Xtina, RnB/Rap videos and her look was pretty casual/innocent in that perspective. But "cute/innocent" is VERY sexual in Japan.
Old 29th February 2012, 08:56 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:

You are right! Of course it's no fun for them to read so much negativity. But they are artists. They know that their work would not satisfy everybody. Ayu has been trying to give us as many hints as possible by now. I still believe the whole idea is confusing, but like TrueHappiness told me: "just wait 'til the album will release. Perhaps the songs will tell us the story." (sorry, not the exact words, but I read it in that way) Ayu's tweets have calmed some of us down. And that's a good thing, right? We are actually trying to see something in those covers, even though they have looked a bit ... unusual for us the first time.

Try to ignore the ones who keep on hating. It looks like they are really ruining it for you. Like I said, there is also a lot of members who do like the albums. Maybe you should chat with them if you want to stay excited and positive for the album?

And eh, about that sexual thing. Yeah, but.. there is a difference. You actually can't tell me that the nudity on LOVEppears, RAINBOW and eh... I believe I heard MY STORY here too is really comparable with this? Or meant to be sexually. Nudity is also a sign for vulnerability. And some of us do not interprent Ayu's doggystyle-pose as vulnerability. I think that's the difference. The very first time it feels like everyone hate the covers. Eventually, there will be a bunch of members ending up liking them.

Old 29th February 2012, 08:59 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmeh View Post
No, from my experience, they don't look at ayu as a person who plays on sex. She is the typical "kawaii~". Mention Ayu to any japanese girl, they go all, "shes so cuteee!" and then talk about namie amuro or koda kumi, and they are "sexy". Ayu is very aware of this herself, this is why she is doing this cover.
Being sexual and relying on sex are two different things. Koda's was almost totally sex focused, and when she is not releasing ballads and cute songs, it still is. Even if Namie doesn't show much skin, her songs are strongly sexual and sometimes, even explicit. Ayu always showed skin, Ayu always looked sexy on her album covers and even her kawaii visual releases have sexy outfits thrown in there. And this is sexy to japanese, this is what turn them on. The way Koda and Namie portray their sexuality has more to do with female sexual dominance and independence, than to fetishism...

Ayu sexual image has more to do with AKB48 than with Britney Spears for example... What IMO makes it even more sexual considering where her core fanbase lives...

Old 29th February 2012, 09:01 PM

Quote:
The way sex is portrayed in Japan is different from the West. Ayu sells sex every time she goes cute or use sera-fukus... It's not a coincidence her cutest performances also have the shortest outfits...
Uh so Koda Kumi's first 2 bests sold because of the Peacock feathers and the milk? She knew they were sexy and indeed they were. Not to say that the lolita complex doesn't rule all, but to completely disregard everything else is ridiculous.

And the reason people are unhappy is because Ayu set the bar super high for herself and so obviously we have high expectations. Everyone isn't even calling it too sexual, many just find it ugly. Its has nothing to do with childishly labeling us '16 year olds' you lamely resort to.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:01 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Omg Ayu and this discussion has confused me a lot haha Will wait for how it will end up...

She never fails to surprise, does she?
Old 29th February 2012, 09:04 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yumsushi View Post
Uh so Koda Kumi's first 2 bests sold because of the Peacock feathers and the milk? She knew they were sexy and indeed they were. Not to say that the lolita complex doesn't rule all, but to completely disregard everything else is ridiculous.

And the reason people are unhappy is because Ayu set the bar super high for herself and so obviously we have high expectations. Everyone isn't even calling it too sexual, many just find it ugly. Its has nothing to do with childishly labeling us '16 year olds' you lamely resort to.
Maybe, that's why she has more girls trying to be like her than guys trying to be with her As far as I remember, her concerts audience is formed mostly by straight fangirls...

Now, if u take a look into AKB48, Morning Musume, Seiko Matsuda and Ayu's audiences, there will always be a more variety...

@xLuna&1LOVE
I sorry if I offended u =)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 29th February 2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:06 PM

Hey, Koda Kumi is constantly seen in nichome - shinjukus gaystreet. I happened to be there a lot because my friend is a lesbian, and they LOVE koda, and hate ayu lololol

On newyears eve I was at a lesbobar and i got called up on stage for winning some stupid contest, and they asked what i was doing in japan. I said i was there because of Ayu. CROWD WAS NOT PLEASED.

Old 29th February 2012, 09:09 PM
And Then Initiate

----------------

Last edited by microphone; 1st March 2012 at 12:50 AM. Reason: user seems to have removed her post
Old 29th February 2012, 09:09 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

@ Adrenekoi

You did not, but thank you anyway! I just like to see happy faces at AHS, haha.

Old 29th February 2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Being sexual and relying on sex are two different things. Koda's was almost totally sex focused, and when she is not releasing ballads and cute songs, it still is. Even if Namie doesn't show much skin, her songs are strongly sexual and sometimes, even explicit. Ayu always showed skin, Ayu always looked sexy on her album covers and even her kawaii visual releases have sexy outfits thrown in there. And this is sexy to japanese, this is what turn them on. The way Koda and Namie portray their sexuality has more to do with female sexual dominance and independence, than to fetishism...

Ayu sexual image has more to do with AKB48 than with Britney Spears for example... What IMO makes it even more sexual considering where her core fanbase lives...
Japans view on whats sexual has changed, a lot. There will always be a difference on cute sexy and sexy sexy as you said. but this is doesn't mean that sexy in japan isn't the same as the US. sure they're not used to people having sex on tvshows; but an artist being sexy is just as normal in japan as in the us. its just that it isn't quite THAT popular to play on sexy sex only.

LOL LOST MY CONCLUSION HERE.

Point is; ayu isnt the typical sexy in japan. when you say ayu, people don't think sexy.

Last edited by kimmeh; 29th February 2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Maybe, that's why she has more girls trying to be like her than guys trying to be with her As far as I remember, her concerts audience is formed mostly by straight fangirls...

Now, if u take a look into AKB48, Morning Musume, Seiko Matsuda and Ayu's audiences, there will always be a more variety...
I think you missed my point though, I already said and agreed that the lolita complex is the ultimate sexual fantasy, but that other types of sex are still relevant. If Namie and Kumi have the same sexual dominance style as you say, and it doesn't appeal to men, then naturally they would only be popular with women. Namie is pretty popular with everyone.

It isn't a cookie cutter theory, thats all.

Edit: someone tell surreal_rainbow to calm down lol

Last edited by Yumsushi; 29th February 2012 at 09:21 PM.
Old 29th February 2012, 09:19 PM
glitter Initiate

Some of the fans are just ridiculous wtf, they think they can get ayu to do always what they want her to do or how they want her to do it even though she's an individual human being who can think by herself and do WHAT SHE WANTS TO DO. People just don't put enough thought into anything and just easy-label everything with "I hate it" or "I love it!" without thinking about the work and time behind it all. Stupid and thoughtless.

And, I like to see ayu's sexy side, I find the covers very ironic and looking forward seeing more sexy pictures in the booklet
Old 29th February 2012, 09:20 PM
rainy day Initiate

CONTINUE DISCUSSION IN New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [V] - THIS THREAD IS WELL OVER 500 POSTS
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, countdown live 2011-2012, party queen, power of music