[Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~LOVE~ - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 10th November 2012, 05:05 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamAyu2004 View Post
i think this too, she is at the point of her career where she just wants to make music and be damned if it sales or not.
Not saying she wouldn't kill for another million seller, but its just not a top priority now.
totally agreed.. she's just doing what she love doing and it's for her fans
Old 10th November 2012, 07:34 PM
Lelio Protector

Taking out the one tie-in she had it's almost like she's gone "indie" lol. Releasing music and that's all, almost (one tie-in and 1 magazine and 1 billboard).
Old 10th November 2012, 07:39 PM
monochrome Initiate

same old, same old.

honestly, she hasn't changed her style dramatically over the years, they know exactly what they'll get and are probably just over it. I like LOVE, but it's not like I couldn't name songs from her that sound pretty similar and are 'better' in the sense that they were quite original once upon a time. not so much anymore.

whatever, I just hope she's well and remotely enjoying what she's doing. with this girl you just don't know.
Old 10th November 2012, 08:58 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourniquet View Post
same old, same old.

honestly, she hasn't changed her style dramatically over the years, they know exactly what they'll get and are probably just over it. I like LOVE, but it's not like I couldn't name songs from her that sound pretty similar and are 'better' in the sense that they were quite original once upon a time. not so much anymore.

whatever, I just hope she's well and remotely enjoying what she's doing. with this girl you just don't know.
The thing is, unlike us fans the casual listeners who don't follow Ayu hardly think about her career that much and the styles that she has done, so I don't think that's really the cause of the decline and all. But yeah...it doesn't really matter.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th November 2012, 09:49 PM
End roll Initiate

Am I the only one that gets that Ayu doesn't want to sell buttloads and do things to appeal to the general public? She's been there, done that, and obviously doesn't want to work herself into the ground doing all that stuff anymore. She seems very content with the way her career is right now, some of you guys need to chill about it, too.

And besides, being in the top five is hardly a flop, especially for a female artist that's been around for nigh on 15 years. I for one am proud of her
Old 10th November 2012, 10:12 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
Am I the only one that gets that Ayu doesn't want to sell buttloads and do things to appeal to the general public? She's been there, done that, and obviously doesn't want to work herself into the ground doing all that stuff anymore. She seems very content with the way her career is right now, some of you guys need to chill about it, too.

And besides, being in the top five is hardly a flop, especially for a female artist that's been around for nigh on 15 years. I for one am proud of her
I started to get it with FIVE~Party Queen.
Old 10th November 2012, 10:35 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

LOL at those calling her a flop. You guys do realize that after releasing all her Mini albums, her combined sales plus a possible BEST album will make her the best selling female singer in 2013? (I'm talking about COMBINED SALES). That's hardly a flop.

Not to mention she's still outselling ALL of my other favorite singers and bands in Japan. I follow a lot of singers and they are lucky to even debut on the top 20.

Also, I think at this point in Ayu's career, she doesn't have to fight for the top anymore. She's the best selling solo artist in Japan in history. Over 50 million CDs sold. No one will ever catch up to her. The countdown to 51 million copies have started. She's so far up there that no other female singers in Japan will ever be a rival for her or even dream of catching up to her, at least not in today's music industry. The only female that was ever a threat to Ayu's 'sales legacy' was Utada Hikaru and she's already retired.

Last edited by URANUS; 10th November 2012 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10th November 2012, 10:52 PM
GREEN Initiate

Oh, good point..
Old 10th November 2012, 11:49 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
LOL at those calling her a flop. You guys do realize that after releasing all her Mini albums, her combined sales plus a possible BEST album will make her the best selling female singer in 2013? (I'm talking about COMBINED SALES). That's hardly a flop.

Not to mention she's still outselling ALL of my other favorite singers and bands in Japan. I follow a lot of singers and they are lucky to even debut on the top 20.

Also, I think at this point in Ayu's career, she doesn't have to fight for the top anymore. She's the best selling solo artist in Japan in history. Over 50 million CDs sold. No one will ever catch up to her. The countdown to 51 million copies have started. She's so far up there that no other female singers in Japan will ever be a rival for her or even dream of catching up to her, at least not in today's music industry. The only female that was ever a threat to Ayu's 'sales legacy' was Utada Hikaru and she's already retired.
All you say is so true =)

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 11th November 2012, 12:48 AM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post

It's pretty clear from her activities to date that she doesn't care about sales. If she did she'd be promoting a hell of a lot more and definitely not releasing these 5 consecutive releases on days during the oricon week. Her nor avex do not care. I think all avex care about now is preserving her single sales record.
Old 11th November 2012, 01:00 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

from the way I see it , she has reached a stage where she feels she doesn't need to prove herself anymore

if not FIVE would have been marketed/promoted differently & likewise it goes for Party Queen as by right , physical singles usually has a tendency to get released before an album put out but it's not the case for ayumi

Also , it takes a lot of strength if not willpower to still keep on going , putting out music for the past 14 years . Even the time when she & Utada Hikaru were big sellers in the early 2000s , the way both of them release/do their own thing couldn't be anymore different

Besides , if charting in the top 5 in Oricon without any strong promo tie in is considered as a flop , then someone should do a reality check . Just think of how many more artistes out there who wants to chart in the top 5 but couldn't

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 11th November 2012, 01:42 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

I just have a feeling that 2012 has been the WORST year for ayu in terms of charts...
Old 11th November 2012, 02:00 AM
GREEN Initiate

Well, she hasnt had a number 1 yet... so
yes this is true.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:07 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by URANUS View Post

:3 love this post

Old 11th November 2012, 02:28 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Well, she hasnt had a number 1 yet... so
yes this is true.
yeah but how about other artistes that never ever had a #1 in their entire career ?

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 11th November 2012, 02:30 AM
GREEN Initiate

we are not talking about them.
We are talking about ayumi.

You can't deny the fact that this is her worse year in sales and position.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:51 AM

I remember when people discussed that Ayu's only getting her number #1s because Avex was switching release dates. Most of the time the point in this discussions was that Avex and Ayu should stop doing this because those weren't "real" #1s, Ayu should just do what she wants and chart positions doesn't matter anyway. Now Ayu is doing exactly this, just releasing for her fans and not for chart positions and people want her desperately to get a #1.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:54 AM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
we are not talking about them.
We are talking about ayumi.

You can't deny the fact that this is her worse year in sales and position.
Worst year in positions, yes. Worst year in sales? Not so much. Her releases this year will make 2012 at least more successful sales-wise than 2011. And when taking the general trends of the business into account she is doing marvelously well. This whole "Ayumi is flopping" thing is a very, very limited way of looking at the subject. She is doing far better than anyone could have expected at her peak. Most people that have a high, much publicized, peak completely fail to enter the top20 5-10 years after their peak. Ayumi herself thought her career would end sometime between 2000 and 2002. But she has yet to miss the top5 weekly with an album or single even when she hasn't really followed musical, stylistic or lyrical trends and is getting mediocre promotion only. Just looking at Ayumi doesn't work because the evolution of her sales is very dependent on the entirety of the business and the way an album is promoted. If you look at what FIVE(or any other, older release) sold and compare the exact numbers to LOVE you might think it's a flop, but only because circumstances are ignored.
Old 11th November 2012, 02:55 AM
appears Initiate

At the same time, would this really be selling as poorly if it was just a new triple A-side single and not a fake mini-album with three new songs and 9 remixes?
Old 11th November 2012, 03:22 AM
GREEN Initiate

^ no because its a mini album.

first. I never said she was a flop.
I was just agreeing that this is by far her worse year in chart positions.

I think she is doing amazingly well for her career point and the lack of promotion. And for the fact that she just doesnt care about sales or chart positions also effects it

And as of right now, last year is still beating this year by about 8000 copies.
Of course she is going to beat this number with LOVE's finally numbers and next months release.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, love, oricon