[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2018, 07:06 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
I hope it's 5 more songs! I mean... the tracklist hasn't been posted anywhere officially yet. Not in her official website, nor in any online store. Also, the "album" is listed as "single" in Spotify. I don't know in other streaming platforms.
here we go again...

the tracklist is up on iTunes/apple music. it's the final one. we already have the bundle with the partial tracklist appearing. that's it, 5 songs.

also, Spotify puts EPs and Singles in the same section. TROUBLE is an EP. they also have a lot of her maxi-singles under the Albums section, and they're not albums, just singles with more tracks than normal, that's why they list them as albums. TROUBLE has only 5 tracks, so they will throw it under Singles and EPs.
Old 6th August 2018, 07:07 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Rainbow View Post
I hope it's 5 more songs! I mean... the tracklist hasn't been posted anywhere officially yet. Not in her official website, nor in any online store. Also, the "album" is listed as "single" in Spotify. I don't know in other streaming platforms.
The track list was in the images of the box sets, though
Old 6th August 2018, 07:09 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I don’t think I have ever felt this vicariously embarrassed. This might be her coup de grâce, her equivalent to Michael Jackson’s last EP.

I give it two “releases” from now and Ayu will be selling four-figures in copies, then forced to unceremoniously retire or release digitals exclusively, an apropos mirror of the quality and disrespect of this “album”.
de tu puño y letra
Old 6th August 2018, 07:12 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^if some artists can still put out physical copies with 1k and less, ayu will be just fine

Old 6th August 2018, 07:13 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ my thoughts exactly lol people act like Ayu is the most flopped artist ever
Old 6th August 2018, 07:18 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Poor flopped Ayu, touring 20 years into her career and charting on the digital charts without releasing anything.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th August 2018, 07:27 PM
As if.. Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ストロボ・EdGE View Post
I don’t think I have ever felt this vicariously embarrassed. This might be her coup de grâce, her equivalent to Michael Jackson’s last EP.

I give it two “releases” from now and Ayu will be selling four-figures in copies, then forced to unceremoniously retire or release digitals exclusively, an apropos mirror of the quality and disrespect of this “album”.
If there's anything you should be embarrassing about it's this post.
Old 6th August 2018, 07:31 PM
Connected Initiate

New instrumentals of new songs.... announce another 5 track album.... comes with 2 versions.... type A and B.... deluxe box Type A comes with JTB chapter 2..... deluxe box type B comes with CDL/TA'16...

Old 6th August 2018, 07:46 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I get the concept, and I like it. I just wish she had fleshed it out a bit more with at least one Pv. But sometimes I wonder what kind of budget she is using when they used relatively very cheap methods to promote the album at first. I'm surprised we got a decent cm, and then that itself caused controversy in not the way I think it was intended. I don't really get what avex is doing either since max supposedly was doing something. The way they handle their artists is very telling more and more over the years and ayu is no exception really.

Even though I musically think this mini is better than sixxxxxx and not too far away from Five, for me, those aren't the highest standards anyway. To be fair, my standards for ayu are very high and I do love 4 of the album songs. I just feel like I could enjoy them so much more and have them be on par with past music if the parts that were suffering (like chorus in W, vocals in æternal) were improved.

I would kind of like to know what's on her mind outside of song lyrics honestly.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 6th August 2018, 07:47 PM
monochrome Initiate

Let me dream bitches

Old 6th August 2018, 08:21 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

so i have listened to the album about 15 times now and i gotta say i like it a lot!!!
watq sounds great and is a great opener, æternal is a solid summery ballad, words somehow stuck w me more then it did when i listened to it the first time!
i love the transition from words guitar solo to the song of my dreams W!!!
i love w so much since i absolutely LIVE AND BREATHE rock ayu
the way i am is a chill closer track and im just so glad she released this
thank u ayu!!!
Old 6th August 2018, 08:27 PM
Dolls Initiate

this album is similar to sixxxxxx for me (too much 'ballady filler' content while short album should have diversity --- i mean, FIVE, come on?, black&whiteish basic covers -i mean she is beautiful as always but we have the same covers for like 4 albums now lol, she even have almost same haircut on those since A ONE) but even sixxxxxx didn't had an "outstanding" leading track - the PV's made me hype more and those PV's was pretty good - they made the job.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:51 PM
monochrome Initiate

I find sixxxxxx to be her best mini album together with Memorial address. I also find TROUBLE to be better than FIVE, and I love FIVE.

Old 6th August 2018, 09:32 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

^ To its Memorial Address > Trouble > Five > Sixxxxxx

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th August 2018, 09:57 PM
Depend on you Initiate

^
Same.

I love Sayonara and the orchestra version of Sorrows but the rest is so zzzzzzzz that made me listen to sixxxxxx full just a couple of times
Old 6th August 2018, 10:03 PM
too late Initiate

After listening to all her mini-albums (not you, LOVE and again) from the recent to Memorial address:

Memorial address > FIVE = TROUBLE (I dislike "Why...", but the other tracks are really good for me) > sixxxxxx.

The details of arrangement of TROUBLE and the quality of the sound overall are splendid, even in the 'generic' tracks.

P.S.: now I appreciate We are the KHALEESIS.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 6th August 2018, 10:04 PM
TO BE Initiate

Memorial address > FIVE > TROUBLE > sixxxxxx
Old 6th August 2018, 10:16 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

I find FIVE so boring so for me it is

Memorial address > TROUBLE =/= sixxxxxx > FIVE

TROUBLE hasn't sunk in yet to determine a solid 2nd or 3rth place.

Old 6th August 2018, 10:28 PM
End roll Initiate

Honestly, this album is bad. aeternal is an uninspired track that she's done 50 times and each one better than this. The way I am has a nice melody but is again ruined by the bland and bad arrangement with the stereotypical "emotional" piano, chimes, and flat generic drums.

W - now that's a track. Something full of life and interesting. I missed this Ayu, and the entire album should have had this energy, even the ballads.

Overall, this safe sound she continues to go for does nothing for her discography at all for me personally, and it's tiring to listen to entire bodies of work just to find one good track. I think I will stop checking for new releases from her for good and just continue to enjoy all of her material up to Colours (with the occasional tracks from AO and MIJ)
Old 6th August 2018, 10:58 PM
As if.. Initiate

FIVE has BRILLANTE on that mini album and for that reason alone FIVE >>>>>>>>> the rest.

Anyway, just got done listening to TROUBLE. It's not... bad. It's not good either. It's just... there. The fact that we're probably going to wait a while again until a new album (or whatever the fuck she's planning these days) and THIS is what we're left with until then is... unfortunate.
Closed Thread

Tags
the way i am, trouble, w (trouble), we are the queens, words, æternal