WOWOW to broadcast ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ on September 23 - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 17th April 2022, 10:36 AM
Dolls Initiate

I'm going through my mp3 rips of concerts, making the ones I don't have and I noticed I only have WOWOW version of this one. 20th anniversary and she didn't release it, anyone knows why? Maybe any rumors or something that was being said back then about release plans were cancelled?
Old 17th April 2022, 11:55 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^it seems she wasn’t fully satisfied with the concert. Weird enough, she was satisfied with all of the ones that came after this one, which for me are far worse. This is the last concert that felt true Ayu for me, and I still hope she will release it someday as a bonus of some kind.
Old 17th April 2022, 08:08 PM
Dolls Initiate

I was there live in Osaka, the day before final and it didn't feel as amazing live as other tour concerts I've attended (RnRC, JTB3, CdeM) but after seeing it again on TV I fell in love with it (only regretting that she changed the outfit for HBYA, and she replaced Curtain Call for sth else... The way I am? Which I also love) but seeing it up close made me fell in love with it. Not to mention Ever free which was a blast. At least we have a good quality tv version but still...
Old 19th April 2022, 01:21 AM
too late Initiate

I used to have some songs of this concert subtitled and uploaded on my Facebook Fanpage.
After 1 month, the videos were taken down due to the intellectual property violation from the Japanese party (not avex). I believe this show was purchased exclusively and that's why she can't release the BD/ DVD version
Old 19th April 2022, 06:31 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arrow View Post
I believe this show was purchased exclusively and that's why she can't release the BD/ DVD version
I don't think that's the deal, avex will never go on this
Old 19th April 2022, 02:32 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

it was a very simple and sincere concert to me. it was good enough for me even though i wished it was longer and, yes, released into some DVD/Bluray.
Old 22nd April 2022, 07:27 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
^it seems she wasn’t fully satisfied with the concert. Weird enough, she was satisfied with all of the ones that came after this one, which for me are far worse. This is the last concert that felt true Ayu for me, and I still hope she will release it someday as a bonus of some kind.
I was going to add a comment... but you spoke my mind already.
Old 22nd April 2022, 07:37 PM
too late Initiate

I have to say I'm not too impressed with this show, so I tend to understand Ayu a little bit. POWER of A^3, Promised Land and even the pandemic shows without audience, they all seem to be more appealing.

However, I really wanted a proper release of POM 18. There's still a very good arranging (the last ARENA TOUR with her band) and some good performances.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 22nd April 2022, 08:29 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I have to say I'm not too impressed with this show, so I tend to understand Ayu a little bit. POWER of A^3, Promised Land and even the pandemic shows without audience, they all seem to be more appealing.

However, I really wanted a proper release of POM 18. There's still a very good arranging (the last ARENA TOUR with her band) and some good performances.
I have to disagree with you, but I understand we all have different tastes and opinions. It is trues that their was less stunts and choreography, so if you like a show with a lot of Dance, she definatly has more of it in her show after 2018. I do find that her latest shows lacks of emotions, they feel more superficial/plastic. 2018, was visually a let down after CdM and MIJ, but the simplicity is kinda what made it beautiful and poignant. The budget was clearly low, probably similliar of JtB, but instead of focussing on routines and dancing, it was focussed on the music and interpretation.

I just rewatched that ASFXX performance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gj62MAgtHDU

There is barely nothing happening on stage compared to the 24th anniversary version we had last week, but I think if feels more powerful.

This show is far from being her best, and I don't think nothing has or will ever top CdM, it was simple but well done, I don't see anything of bad taste, overdone or cheap looking in the show (as long as you can tolerate a lot of sequin... which I do). It was also a very short tour with few dates so the smaller scale was somewhat expected (although odd since we previously expected the 20th anniversary to be the big tour).

Tags
arena tour 2018, power of music, wowow