CONGRATULATION!!!!! ayu regain NO.1 in ORICON!! - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th September 2005, 11:33 AM
End roll Initiate

Location: At the forbidden place where I am waiting to fly away
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie
I kinda think the handshaking event is not that horrible... unless they can handshake with over 10,000 fans in one day, then you can start to be worried. One fan shaking with 7 idols, that will take a bit of time. let's say that can do 420 fans in one hour (dun tell me that only need 5 seconds per fan... i assume they can handshake with 7 fans per one minute at max?)... they're not going to do 24 hours. So lemme guess it's like 7 hours handshaking nonstop then, so it will be like 2940 fans will be lucky enough for that. Let's say 5000 fans cannot get handshake but still wanna see the boys, and half of them buying cds again to support their idols... so it's like almost 5500 extra copies will be sold because of the handshaking event on Sat.

Hmmn... will that 5500 cds affect the ranking??

Now we focus on ayu's cds at theatres... let's say there're 50 theatres showing SHINOBI (i'm not really sure if this number is too big or too small... I dunno the distribution of theatres in JPN), each sell like er.. let's say 100 cd per day. so it's like 5000 CD will be sold because of SHINOBI on Sat (is that too exaggerative btw?).

hmmn... if they both have extra sales... it's like a tie... and i'm showing that probly the handshaking event won't be that harmful as we have some greatest Ninjas to support ayu's music . Probly my thing isn't that logical, but we should have faith on ayu anywayz .
the boy-band get around 5000-10000 fans on the first day, and 10000-30000 fans on the second handshaking event, buy the worst is: if you re-buy one CD you can shake hand with THREE(Only) of the members:ONLY if you re-buy TWO CDs you can shake hand with ALL member. IF ALL fans buy 2 CDs, there are at least 40,000 sale in total, this sale figure is big enough to beat AYU down .

That is why i am worrying, and i don't know whether ORICON count the sale in handshaking event into DAIILY RANK(because ORICON count different number of shops/selling place on daily ranking and weekly ranking<--more shop in weekly), ORICON may count them to weekly, if the latter case are going to happen, the no.1 daily ranking of ayu doesn't mean that ayu will get a NO.1 in weekly

Despite Its Brightness

It Is A Gloomy Sky...

Last edited by yamogi; 19th September 2005 at 12:20 PM.
Old 19th September 2005, 11:46 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamogi
the boy-band get around 5000-10000 fans on the first day, and 10000-30000 fans on the second handshaking event, buy the worst is: if you re-buy one CD you can shake hand with THREE(Only) of the members:ONLY if you re-buy TWO CDs you can shake hand with ALL member. IF ALL fans buy 2 CDs, there are at least 40,000 sale in total, this sale figure is big enough to beat AYU down .[/COLOR]
I really hate that. That really doesn't reflect well upon them or their record company. "Sure you can shake our hands, but only if you buy our CD more than once." What bull$&#@. Shows that they are completely not in this business for the right reasons.
Old 19th September 2005, 12:01 PM
TO BE Initiate

glad she still no1 !!! ^__^
Old 19th September 2005, 12:15 PM
Far away Initiate

Thumbs down

Quote:

That is why i am worrying, and i don't know ORICON count the sale in handshaking event into DAIILY RANK(because ORICON count different number of shops/selling place one daily ranking and weekly ranking<--more shop in weekly), ORICON may count them to weekly, if the latter case are going to happen, the no.1 daily ranking of ayu doesn't mean ayu will get a NO.1 in weekly
what they have done is really base.
well, it doesnt make a difference. atleast we know how j8 got weekly no.1 if it was true. but, I still believe in ayu.
and, let us see what it is on oricon tomorrow.
Old 19th September 2005, 12:15 PM
End roll Initiate

Location: At the forbidden place where I am waiting to fly away
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
I really hate that. That really doesn't reflect well upon them or their record company. "Sure you can shake our hands, but only if you buy our CD more than once." What bull$&#@. Shows that they are completely not in this business for the right reasons.
I extremely agree with you, people outside this forum are cursing them as much as they can (including me), this band is just ****!!!

Despite Its Brightness

It Is A Gloomy Sky...

Old 19th September 2005, 02:06 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: Australia-Brisbane, where kangaroos jump around my backyard
eventhough they holding a hand shaking event, i believe in the HEAVEN single will still sell more
Old 19th September 2005, 02:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
That means they are deliberately trying everything to beat HEAVEN, kinda like a publicity stunt.. And THIS isnt reported in the media, instead the media takes more time making stupid rumours about Ayu.
Old 19th September 2005, 02:18 PM
Banned

Oh, I just checked all of it. Kanjani8 is really cheating, they seem to want the number 1, probably because beating Ayu would give them unlimited publicity! They cant just suddenly appear and FORCE fans to re-buy their CDs!!! THEY ARE FULL OF Rubbish! I hate that kind of stunt, if Ayu had a hand-shaking event too, Kanjani8 are destined for Hell.. if Ayu loses her weekly number 1, I wanna kill all the members!! MY STORY TRACK 6, kanjani8!! I hope they would try to play fair, if they had a lot of fans, surely the sales would jump! Still, i think Ayu is gonna be number 1 eventually.. NANA seems to be doing really well..

Last edited by Mad_Cactuar; 19th September 2005 at 02:22 PM.
Old 19th September 2005, 02:34 PM
Far away Initiate

Liar.
yes, k8 is really full of THAT thing.
Old 19th September 2005, 02:37 PM
BEST Initiate

Calm down people...in the US, when people go to album/book/whatever signings, you usually need to buy your copy of the album/book/whatever at the store where you're getting it signed, regardless of whether or not you already own it.
Plus, Ayu has done some "cheating" like activities too...multiple covers anyone? Plus, AVEX's new trick of different cover art for CD-Only and CD+DVD singles.

If you're gonna say how much they're cheating, then take a look at Ayu. It's all marketing....
Old 19th September 2005, 02:40 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CANT BELIEVE KANJANI8 IS LIKE THAT!!!!!!!!!!! Do they think their's songs will success by using this technique? I haven seen any artist do like this before...that's shock!!!! I wanna slap the members who suggested for this hand-shaking event...this is cheating!!!!

Hold the flowers to your heart,
and pray that they may some day bloom.

Old 19th September 2005, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron
Calm down people...in the US, when people go to album/book/whatever signings, you usually need to buy your copy of the album/book/whatever at the store where you're getting it signed, regardless of whether or not you already own it.
Plus, Ayu has done some "cheating" like activities too...multiple covers anyone? Plus, AVEX's new trick of different cover art for CD-Only and CD+DVD singles.

If you're gonna say how much they're cheating, then take a look at Ayu. It's all marketing....
>strangles Voltron< She doesnt force you, keep in mind that the contents are all the same, and only collectors would bother. CD only and CD+DVD singles are also the same, different releases! Who'd buy both? Then you should blame Koda, Ai and everyone else for releasing CD+DVD singles! Normal fans wouldnt buy all, unless youre totally obsessed with AYU.
Old 19th September 2005, 04:01 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Let's just hope that ayu can maintain her no.1 spot until the weekly sales result is announced. Ai Otsuka seems to be pretty powerful artiste. She will probably hit the top spot on the first day even her songs are not very 'delicious'. I would rather let HEAVEN to be beaten by Utada's Be My Last. The song is pretty good. By the way, I heard from my friend, who is very fond of Japan music scene and know quite a lot about it, there are more than 2800 music stores in Japan currently. The daily-sales of Oricon is participated by 2300 music stores only and the weekly sales is participated by all the music stores in Japan.
Old 19th September 2005, 05:46 PM
immature Initiate

but then in Japan they have a store that let people rent like Rental CD + DVD shops .. so many japanese people will decide to rent rather than but the single ...
Old 19th September 2005, 05:57 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Cactuar
>strangles Voltron< She doesnt force you, keep in mind that the contents are all the same, and only collectors would bother. CD only and CD+DVD singles are also the same, different releases! Who'd buy both? Then you should blame Koda, Ai and everyone else for releasing CD+DVD singles! Normal fans wouldnt buy all, unless youre totally obsessed with AYU.
And nobody is forcing fans to go shake the hands of the group members. If you want it, you'll do it. It's like I said with American record signings, you always have to re-buy the same thing but at that store. I'm not blaming anyone for doing any of these things, I think it's good marketing. I'm just saying that before people go flipping out, realize that Ayu has done some things to artificially enhance her sales too.
Old 19th September 2005, 08:17 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron

How is that really comparable? So what if there are two different covers - no one is essentially being blackmailed to buy both.

And they are not just having to buy the single at the place where the event is at, they are having to buy TWO(in addition to the one that they already bought) if they want to shake hands with the whole group - that in my book is very low.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 19th September 2005 at 08:19 PM.
Old 19th September 2005, 08:42 PM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
the boy-band get around 5000-10000 fans on the first day, and 10000-30000 fans on the second handshaking event, buy the worst is: if you re-buy one CD you can shake hand with THREE(Only) of the members:ONLY if you re-buy TWO CDs you can shake hand with ALL member. IF ALL fans buy 2 CDs, there are at least 40,000 sale in total, this sale figure is big enough to beat AYU down .
Where did you get these figures? 30000 fans handshaking in a day is like impossible to me . or is this your assumption?

Whether or not I believe the sales of the handshaking should be included in the daily ranking as well. So I'm not worried about the handshaking event at all (ayu got no. 1 on weekends anywayz). If you say handshaking is not included, I can say HEAVEN cds at theatre are not count in the daily ranking as well.

The only thing we need to worry the time when ayu didn't get no. 1 in daily ranking. If kanjani8 sold more than 20000 copies over ayu in the first two days, then probly this johnny group can get no. 1...
Old 20th September 2005, 05:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
How is that really comparable? So what if there are two different covers - no one is essentially being blackmailed to buy both.

And they are not just having to buy the single at the place where the event is at, they are having to buy TWO(in addition to the one that they already bought) if they want to shake hands with the whole group - that in my book is very low.
And you have to buy the SAME cover album, not as if you get variety!!! Ayu dont do signing stuff, she just releases multiple covers. Kanjani8 forces their fans to buy the SAME CD WITH NO DIFFERENCES to shake hands..