Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)! - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 8th May 2022, 11:16 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Seeing Madonna’s team putting effort into promo for her upcoming best of remix album makes me want Ayu’s team to do similar lol

I feel like remix’s are slowly gaining in popularity again, so it would be great if Ayu hopped on the trend again.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 8th May 2022, 11:19 AM
SEASONS Initiate

^from your mouth to god’s ears. It’s time already for a new remix album, it’s been more than 10 years!! Maybe they’re saving all of it for the 25th anniversary
Old 9th May 2022, 07:04 PM
ayu trance Initiate

I would love a new remix album or album set.

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 10th May 2022, 04:37 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

For those who were around… was Greatful days not well liked when it was released?

It’s actually a song I find myself listening to a lot, and the colorful video and happy vibes is kind of a rarity in her videography, so I’m just curious how it was received at first.

I tend to find that a lot of people don’t like it now lol

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 10th May 2022, 01:00 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
For those who were around… was Greatful days not well liked when it was released?

It’s actually a song I find myself listening to a lot, and the colorful video and happy vibes is kind of a rarity in her videography, so I’m just curious how it was received at first.

I tend to find that a lot of people don’t like it now lol
It wasn't hated per se, but it was pretty polarizing at the time. It was definitely seen as the weakest link on the & single.
Old 10th May 2022, 03:25 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
It wasn't hated per se, but it was pretty polarizing at the time. It was definitely seen as the weakest link on the & single.
I think the Japanese fans loved it, especially when sung live and at a-nation. HANABI ~episode II~ was probably the weakest link and had the least promos/performances.
Old 10th May 2022, 04:36 PM
too late Initiate

I personally dislike it with a passion, it's a song that I only listen to during lives. It's strange, because the reason I don't like Greatful days is kinda generic, "the happiness of the song sounds fake", but I know there are a lot of songs I love that people have this feeling about them.

However, I know it's not a bad song per se.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 10th May 2022, 07:21 PM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I personally dislike it with a passion, it's a song that I only listen to during lives. It's strange, because the reason I don't like Greatful days is kinda generic, "the happiness of the song sounds fake", but I know there are a lot of songs I love that people have this feeling about them.

However, I know it's not a bad song per se.
Interesting. What song might you consider that not to be the case for? Like a song where you feel the happiness is genuine?

I hypothesize BLUE BIRD? That’s the first that came to my mind as it is very different from her tone in greatful days. Which leads me to compare my perspective on the two.

I actually really enjoy greatful days, but can only handle BLUE BIRD in small doses. BLUE BIRD is a bit taxing for the reason that it’s SO HAPPY. Greatful days on the other hand is just fun, and it’s like I can bop along to it. It’s also got an interesting arrangement with little sound effects that add variation. I find it playful. BLUE BIRD to me is very standard and also kind of tugs at you to be REALLY HAPPY in a way that I feel I’m being dragged by it against my own will. Lol.

Funny though, cause I love HONEY, which one might criticize in a similar manner.

Last edited by Zeke.; 10th May 2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 17th May 2022, 05:29 AM
appears Initiate

Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese music diva, has released a new single titled “Documentary literature“ just in time for her 24th anniversary of her debut.

https://shindekudasai.com/ayumi-hama...-a-new-single/

Well now I want to hear that song
Old 17th May 2022, 02:05 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
Ayumi Hamasaki, a Japanese music diva, has released a new single titled “Documentary literature“ just in time for her 24th anniversary of her debut.

"Ayumi Hamasaki’s debut single “poker face” was released on April 8, 1998, the same year as her first album.Song for ×ד, But also her second album, entitled”LoveppearsMade in Japan was her last album and was released in 2016".

I'm also interested to listen to her second and last album, "LoveppearsMade in Japan".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Interesting. What song might you consider that not to be the case for? Like a song where you feel the happiness is genuine?

I hypothesize BLUE BIRD? That’s the first that came to my mind as it is very different from her tone in greatful days. Which leads me to compare my perspective on the two.

I actually really enjoy greatful days, but can only handle BLUE BIRD in small doses. BLUE BIRD is a bit taxing for the reason that it’s SO HAPPY. Greatful days on the other hand is just fun, and it’s like I can bop along to it. It’s also got an interesting arrangement with little sound effects that add variation. I find it playful. BLUE BIRD to me is very standard and also kind of tugs at you to be REALLY HAPPY in a way that I feel I’m being dragged by it against my own will. Lol.

Funny though, cause I love HONEY, which one might criticize in a similar manner.
I also disliked BLUE BIRD for a long time hahaha
Again, not a bad song, but it sounded flat to me. I only started to like it because of live performances.

I don't know how to explain why Greatful days doesnt click to me even now, but it's funny how I say I don't like it, but EVERYTIME she sings it live I'm 100% singing the chorus by heart

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 17th May 2022 at 02:11 PM.
Old 18th May 2022, 09:54 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post

The editing of the whole article is just hideous

Ayumi Hamasaki’s debut single “poker face” was released on April 8, 1998, the same year as her first album.Song for ×ד, But also her second album, entitled”LoveppearsMade in Japan was her last album and was released in 2016.
Old 20th May 2022, 07:48 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

With the Barbie movie coming out, wouldn’t it be fun if Ayu was featuring in the Japanese dubbing of it?! Lol

Old 21st May 2022, 08:04 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
"Ayumi Hamasaki’s debut single “poker face” was released on April 8, 1998, the same year as her first album.Song for ×ד, But also her second album, entitled”LoveppearsMade in Japan was her last album and was released in 2016".

I'm also interested to listen to her second and last album, "LoveppearsMade in Japan".

I also disliked BLUE BIRD for a long time hahaha
Again, not a bad song, but it sounded flat to me. I only started to like it because of live performances.

I don't know how to explain why Greatful days doesnt click to me even now, but it's funny how I say I don't like it, but EVERYTIME she sings it live I'm 100% singing the chorus by heart
Because it somewhat sounds like Xuxa.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th May 2022, 02:50 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Old 10th June 2022, 11:20 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Hi all, does anyone know how far in advance one has to join TA to be eligible to enter lotteries for concert tickets (specifically the TA summer party in July) lol ?
Old 10th June 2022, 02:41 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_Ayu_Fan View Post
Hi all, does anyone know how far in advance one has to join TA to be eligible to enter lotteries for concert tickets (specifically the TA summer party in July) lol ?
I suppose any time is good as long as you join before the applications for the tickets end.

Last edited by maxikot; 10th June 2022 at 02:45 PM.
Old 15th June 2022, 09:01 PM
Because of You Initiate

I got a much needed haircut a couple of weeks ago, i came back and with time, i kept thinking it reminds me of something, then i realised i legit got 2000/2007 Ayu hair now lol To be fair, i've had a few japanese hairstyle photos as examples. It's literally that super layered short bob with long bangs. LOL I haven't had bangs in a decade so it's quite a change. I love that style on Ayu, though so i'm not mad lol I'm tempted to do an all black outfit inspired by talkin'2'myself, now

Last edited by BlackSilence; 15th June 2022 at 09:06 PM.
Old 21st June 2022, 05:17 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I only re-relealized (? Lol) today that Moon is technically a summer single…

Do people here consider it one???

I mean it was sung on tour and then released so, it’s technically one due to the timing but it wasn’t created to be one… so, just curious haha.

I never liked Moon so I kind of blocked it out haha. But seeing it on A summer best I was like… wait what???? Lol

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 21st June 2022 at 05:19 AM.
Old 21st June 2022, 04:13 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I only re-relealized (? Lol) today that Moon is technically a summer single…

Do people here consider it one???

I mean it was sung on tour and then released so, it’s technically one due to the timing but it wasn’t created to be one… so, just curious haha.

I never liked Moon so I kind of blocked it out haha. But seeing it on A summer best I was like… wait what???? Lol
yeah I consider it as a summer single, I remember someone here saying that it was kinda interesting how "blossom" sounds like a happy song but the lyrics and her voice are very sad. I consider it a "sad" summer single because of the two songs, lol
Old 21st June 2022, 06:15 PM
SURREAL Initiate

She also sang blossom during the summer medley at Cirque de Minuit! I like both songs~